Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 PM #22
SpyderFrontPlaya

you are not forced to play in the NPPL...if you play a tourney and get smashed by a team that is better than you it is your choice to make excuses about how you played sandbaggers...it is also YOUR CHOICE to keep playing the tourney series.

its paintball...sack up and play.

the appa system has just as many flaws as the nppl system...if you go off radar for a year or so...you are considered a lower rank...if you are new to paintball and play for a year and play all the events and happened to play with a team that placed well...you are bumped up in rank. half the d1 players out there are just d3 guys that have more time and money than the rest of you idiots anyway. how do you really decide how good a player is? how about standardized testing? do you have a reflex test? do you pick the person that is the most HK or AGG? how about the one with the best paintball stories? or a group discussion?

the only way to solve this problem is to have a giant 1v1 tourney at the beginning of the year...3000 tourney players. you get your ranking based on how you place in that tourney. it will be held in minnesota in january. i will be hosting it at my mom's house and you are all invited.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE BEST MW ARMY CUSTOM JERSEYS:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2260536
SpyderFrontPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 PM #23
DJ q-tip
Strahan Klosterman

DJ q-tip plays in the PSP
DJ q-tip owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderFrontPlaya View Post
you are not forced to play in the NPPL...if you play a tourney and get smashed by a team that is better than you it is your choice to make excuses about how you played sandbaggers...it is also YOUR CHOICE to keep playing the tourney series.

the appa system has just as many flaws as the nppl system...if you go off radar for a year or so...you are considered a lower rank...if you are new to paintball and play for a year and play all the events and happened to play with a team that placed well...you are bumped up in rank. half the d1 players out there are just d3 guys that have more time and money than the rest of you idiots anyway. how do you really decide how good a player is? how about standardized testing? do you have a reflex test? do you pick the person that is the most HK or AGG? how about the one with the best paintball stories? or a group discussion?

the only way to solve this problem is to have a giant 1v1 tourney at the beginning of the year...3000 tourney players. you get your ranking based on how you place in that tourney. it will be held in minnesota in january. i will be hosting it at my mom's house and you are all invited.

what the hell was going on in your head that allowed you to believe that posting any of this was funny or clever
Old 05-25-2010, 08:40 PM #24
Cory688

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
It's really easy to sandbag and that's the sad truth. Out of the 15 or so times I have gotten ID's in the NPPL or PSP (either new years for both leagues or changing teams in the NPPL), how many times have they even asked to see a photo ID? Maybe half the time. How hard is it to get a fake ID? Not hard at all. I'd say the fact that both leagues are trying to stop sandbaggers is admirable, and us as players have a big responsibility. As was previously mentioned, if you see a roster with an illegal player or have any idea about sandbagging, email the league. They will do their best to stop it.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:39 PM #25
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
if you go off radar for a year or so...you are considered a lower rank...
This is simply not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
Out of the 15 or so times I have gotten ID's in the NPPL or PSP (either new years for both leagues or changing teams in the NPPL), how many times have they even asked to see a photo ID? Maybe half the time.
I would guess then that you got half of your IDs at NPPL events pre-2009. Photo ID has been mandatory to get a PSP ID since IDs were issued in 2004, and the procedure has been extremely tight since 2006. The whole ID issue process is set up to make sure that people don't get ID cards without their government issued IDs matching the player info on record.

Quote:
How hard is it to get a fake ID? Not hard at all.
Fake IDs are not trivially easy to get, but certainly not impossible. The question is, do you want to risk it? APPA has caught 6 or 7 people using fake IDs. Is that some or most? I don't know, as there's no way to tell if we're catching everyone or not. I can say though that the people we have caught would not have been caught without the APPA system in place, so certainly if an event isn't using APPA, your odds of a fake ID working are much better.

- Chris
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:59 PM #26
nvrtplayer

nvrtplayer plays in the PSP
nvrtplayer plays in the APPA D3 division
plus people can get reranked in nppl cause i see former pro players playing d2 just cause they havent played that level in a few years they get reranked i think is understandable you have to be playing at that level to maintain that level.
nvrtplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:12 PM #27
502 killa
THIRDEYE

Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688 View Post
It's really easy to sandbag and that's the sad truth. Out of the 15 or so times I have gotten ID's in the NPPL or PSP (either new years for both leagues or changing teams in the NPPL), how many times have they even asked to see a photo ID?
every time i have ever gotten an id from the psp they have always checked my drivers license thoroughly and i know for a fact they do this for everyone else.
502 killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 PM #28
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
PSP always has checked my info thoroughly. NPPL just made sure I paid then handed me an ID.

It definitely wouldn't hurt for NPPL to crack down a little tighter.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 AM #29
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Quote:

Ahhh thats priceless! I think in the future we'll see less divisions because no one seems to want to move up, the APPA will let players stay d3/4 for seemingly ever. but honestly who cares, I'm with this guy.. just sack up and play
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 AM #30
el diOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 killa View Post
every time i have ever gotten an id from the psp they have always checked my drivers license thoroughly and i know for a fact they do this for everyone else.
the nppl check my drivers license too. whats your point?
they did the same last year, when they were the uspl.

EMPIRE|KEE|RPS|TOPGUNPAINTBALL.COM|BIGEVILONLINE.C OM|FLORRYPB
el diOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:46 PM #31
Cory688

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
I know for a fact that at least once the PSP has not checked any photo ID for me. And NPPL more than that. I'm not trying to call the system out for being bad because more often than not it is great...but it is possible to get around. The main point I was trying to make is that lots of the responsibility falls on the players, because the system obviously can't catch everyone.

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Cory688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:35 PM #32
GraysonG
aka George Ocean

Annual Supporting Member
GraysonG is a Professional paintball player
GraysonG plays in the PSP
GraysonG donated to help Peyton Trent
GraysonG owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GraysonG plays in the APPA Pro division
Who catches sandbaggers?

This is a good question, but I'm more inclined to ask...

How often does raehl check the NPPL forums? :-)
BKiTk
GraysonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 PM #33
usafpilot07
East Coast

usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysonG View Post
Who catches sandbaggers?

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:40 AM #34
pbstar1792
SevenHundredThirtyFour

pbstar1792 plays in the PSP
pbstar1792 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Who catches sandbaggers?

Mr. Ocean, at it again!
pbstar1792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:39 PM #35
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
Apparently more often than NPPL checks rosters.

- Chris

Last edited by raehl : 05-27-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:36 PM #36
el diOs

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Apparently more often than NPPL checks rosters.

- Chris
and then you wonder why the nppl doesn't use your services.

Don't **** where you eat at. it's a rule to live by.

The more you post in the NPPL forum, the more you make yourself look like an ***.

EMPIRE|KEE|RPS|TOPGUNPAINTBALL.COM|BIGEVILONLINE.C OM|FLORRYPB
el diOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM #37
NkdMangina
Brandon Doyle

NkdMangina plays in the PSP
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends III
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends V
NkdMangina is playing at Living Legends VI
NkdMangina posts videos on PbNation
Perhaps some people need to spend less time worrying about rosters/rankings, and more time PLAYING paintball.
3rd Place - UWL 5-Man Chicago 2013 (Chicago Underground)
1st Place - UWL 10-Man Nebraska 2013 (Chicago Underground)
NkdMangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:56 PM #38
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
Actually, NPPL *DOES* (try to) use our services, they just steal them and hope no one notices.

Just prior to HB, NPPL apparently convinced one of our smaller clients to let NPPL use their login so NPPL could still get some of the benefits of using APPA without having to contribute to APPA like every other league does.

We shut that login down, so they called other leagues to see if THEY would help NPPL steal access to APPA. (Those others said no.)

So, if it seems like I may be paying a little extra attention to the registration situation with NPPL, it's because I am - it seems warranted since we have already caught them stealing from us this year.

Lots of leagues have chosen, for one reason or another, not to use APPA services. None of them have chosen not to do so, claimed to have a new equally functional system, and then tried to make their system work by stealing from the system they claim they don't need.

So, when NPPL tells you that they are doing a 'virtually perfect' job of checking rosters, I think it's perfectly fair to let their customers when that is not true.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 05-27-2010 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:11 PM #39
howie1

Quote:
Actually, NPPL *DOES* (try to) use our services, they just steal them and hope no one notices.

Just prior to HB, NPPL apparently convinced one of our smaller clients to let NPPL use their login so NPPL could still get some of the benefits of using APPA without having to contribute to APPA like every other league does.

We shut that login down, so they called other leagues to see if THEY would help NPPL steal access to APPA. (Those others said no.)

So, if it seems like I may be paying a little extra attention to the registration situation with NPPL, it's because I am - it seems warranted since we have already caught them stealing from us this year.

Lots of leagues have chosen, for one reason or another, not to use APPA services. None of them have chosen not to do so, claimed to have a new equally functional system, and then tried to make their system work by stealing from the system they claim they don't need.

So, when NPPL tells you that they are doing a 'virtually perfect' job of checking rosters, I think it's perfectly fair to let their customers when that is not true.

- Chris
OMG DUDE! Get over yourself!

-H
howie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:46 PM #40
Ches7er

Ches7er supports Bob Gurnsey
raehl,

really your one hell of a busness man! way to sell your self and your product, your post here show just why you dont have a gig with nppl anymore, they proubly gave your *** the boot because they didnt want to deal with a dickhead like your self.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:50 PM #41
ar2b8

ar2b8 plays in the PSP
ar2b8 is an NCPA player
ar2b8 is an NCPA National Champion
ar2b8 plays in the APPA D3 division
well.. next time you guys wanna walk into a store a start shoplifting see if the owner of the store is nice to you. Im not saying that chris always acts the best way he could.. but if they are taking his information without paying for it.. i think he has a good reason to be mad...

Central Illinois Army
No Limit Sponsorship Sale
The Hopper Guy
ar2b8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:16 PM #42
ArchAngelIon
2/3rds a Lawyer

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:

- Chris
The only two responses to your post were personal insults. I say you have a very valid argument and applaud you for ****ting on the NPPL.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote