PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-19-2010, 06:33 PM #1
Feathered

Feathered helped look for balloons
question about karta mags

what is the history on these? I ask becaulse im still looking to get a mag but im not sure if I should go for a oldschool 68 or karta mag (is it just the look that gives it this name?) or e-mag/x-mag

can anyone break down the major differences aside from trigger style and electro/mech for me so confusing =/

any help would be grate I hope to purchase a mag over on AO later this month or next. selling my bob long vice for one =)
Feathered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 PM #2
heisman01

heisman01 plays in the PSP
heisman01 donated to help Peyton Trent
heisman01 plays in the APPA D3 division
the karta mags are just privately milled bodies/rails made to am/mm spec

an emag is any mag with the emag lowers typically with a X or emag valve

an xmag is an emag with xmag body easiest way to tell the difference is the xmag has the removable breaches and slightly different lowers

as far as trigger style if you get an emag frame you can use any mode on the board in electric or switch it to mechanical thus making it the same as a RT mag

Classic eclipse mag shooter
heisman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 PM #3
Feathered

so an emag can go mech or electro. are batteries needed for mech? also is the board needed for mech setting?

also how available are the boards for emag's? and what is the purpose of the removable breach in xmags? ease of cleaning?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:57 PM #4
automagsrule
LOIC

AGD was a big proponent of the warp feed (what with them inventing it and all) so their flagship marker, the xmag, was built to handle either centerfeed or warpfeed breeches.

emags use a pancake sear tripper solenoid like in a spyder, but still have a trigger pin that can activate the sear. so in mech mode it is fully mechanical with no batteries required.

i haven't really searched for them on their own as i favor mech mags, but i cant really recall seeing many emag boards on their own. generally people sell the entirety of the emag lowers (frame, rail and battery foregrip) as one unit.
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:21 PM #5
Feathered

so the x mag can do mech or electro mode as well like a emag or is that something only the emags can do?

I take it RPG frames come from a company named RPG but are they still in production or readily available?

how do emags compare to other electro's out there speed or reliablility wise? do they use the same settings like dwell to tune them? by other electo's I mean ego's angels and bob longs or luxes or droids you know "high end"
Old 05-19-2010, 08:40 PM #6
automagsrule
LOIC

xmag can also do mech. xmag is an emag with a different body.

RPG was a company rogue paintball gear that made some different automag stuff.

as far as speed and reliability, an emag can do 20+ bps and I've always been drawn to mags for their reliability.
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:16 PM #7
Feathered

I like that they can go that fast. my dad only used mags when he played had a 68 and a mini. and after having some issues with my vice and some other guns ive had I want a mag for the reliability but I didnt know they go that fast. I just need to be able to do 13 to 15 bps since that is the cap at the fields for electro's around here. heck I leave mine at 10 just so I dont waste sooo much paint.

so the karta bodies can those be removed from the tube or are they the tube just with extra milling on them?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:57 PM #8
KartaKeeper
PLAY IT - Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
KartaKeeper is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
i would look through the picture threads, there are alot of aftermarket bodies made from automags, some are made from agd body blanks, and others are not.

all mag bodies are one piece that the valve sits in attached to a rail, and a trigger. some mags are unibody( single body/rail combo)

i think theres a few selling in the AO dealer section right know such as the venomous bodies with a few diff designs and the phoenix bodies

--theyr all pricey bodies and they are all mags so its just cosmetics
KartaKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 PM #9
Feathered

guess im going to go with a solid emag and then add a body if i want later. since I can just swap that part out. man are they sexy though.

any idea's of what a good starting price to look at for a emag would be? I have seen from 600 to 1.5k... also do emags come with lvl 10 stock? I see a lot of whats in side is stock posts.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:54 PM #10
Zondo
One of 8 bosses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered View Post
guess im going to go with a solid emag and then add a body if i want later. since I can just swap that part out. man are they sexy though.

any idea's of what a good starting price to look at for a emag would be? I have seen from 600 to 1.5k... also do emags come with lvl 10 stock? I see a lot of whats in side is stock posts.
There are a few Xmags for sale in the automags.org B/S/T Marker forum for 1K-1.5K and are usually up for OBO.

The Emags are usually up for anywhere from 500-1000 depending on the body attached to it. The lowers (the grip frame, board, and battery) usually go for 200-400 depending on condition, internal milling, and software on the board.

I'd say go to automags.org and search the marker forum for "Emag" and then for "Xmag" and get lost for a few hours. There are some really sweet custom and near stock E/Xmags for sale.

Board availability is difficult, but there is a guy that is experimenting with making some more and will be testing them out this weekend (check on AO in the Dealer threads for "Aftermarket E/Xmag boards").

Last edited by Zondo : 05-20-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:07 PM #11
Feathered

yeah I did that for a while yesterday checked AO but there are so many I got the deer in the headlight effect and should probably go look again so many beautiful ones though.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 AM #12
shirowdg

Try a mech one, you don't have to go electro
shirowdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 04:09 PM #13
Feathered

I have shot mech mags before I like them.