Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM #526
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintnoob13 View Post
They're not catering to people like pete who bought the car used for half of what it's worth. They sell those engines to people who could afford to buy the car new, and have lots of disposable income.
true.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2011, 04:35 PM #527
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
It's to prevent the Gazz situation of the thing never running. Stroke and supercharge it.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM #528
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
It's to prevent the Gazz situation of the thing never running. Stroke and supercharge it.
problem with the supercharger kits is they don't seem as well engineered as the dinan products. You can bolt a supercharger on to anything pretty much, so it kind of eliminates some of the barrier to entry to people who really have no business working on a car like this. Lots of those kits run poorly, and most of the time they don't go into the motor, which makes me kind of skeptical as the motor is designed to run N/A. Lots of supercharged M3s run like ****. Plus it changes the dynamic of the car. One of the best things about the car is the high revving characteristics of the motor, and I wouldn't want to lose that.

Obviously if I had the money and really wanted to go faster, I'd either trade the car in for a faster car, or get a second faster car. But if I had to spend it on this car, I'd much prefer the stroker to any FI alternatives.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:58 PM #529
Ynnekdude
Carpe Diem
 
Ynnekdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
problem with the supercharger kits is they don't seem as well engineered as the dinan products. You can bolt a supercharger on to anything pretty much, so it kind of eliminates some of the barrier to entry to people who really have no business working on a car like this. Lots of those kits run poorly, and most of the time they don't go into the motor, which makes me kind of skeptical as the motor is designed to run N/A. Lots of supercharged M3s run like ****. Plus it changes the dynamic of the car. One of the best things about the car is the high revving characteristics of the motor, and I wouldn't want to lose that.

Obviously if I had the money and really wanted to go faster, I'd either trade the car in for a faster car, or get a second faster car. But if I had to spend it on this car, I'd much prefer the stroker to any FI alternatives.
Personally, I would never supercharge an M5 unless it was a non-dd and I had tons of money to invest in a quality setup from a highly-experienced shop. Straight pipe it
__________________
"This is a hard job, and I'm not just saying this to win favour with lorry drivers. It's a hard job - change gear, change gear, change gear, check your mirrors, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day."


Russian Legion Fanclub #16
Ynnekdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:05 PM #530
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley
 
Gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CT
Gazz is a Supporting Member
To be fair, my car runs and drives, just not well.
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:07 PM #531
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Like a 3 cylinder.
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:12 PM #532
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley
 
Gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CT
Gazz is a Supporting Member
Geo Metro status.
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:49 PM #533
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR
does hpfreaks have like 70k dollar turbo kits available for the e46 m3?
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:51 PM #534
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
no, the hpf kits aren't nearly that expensive.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:56 PM #535
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR
44k is the highest on their website. unless ive gone mad i swear their is a company out there that has a full build kit that is like 70k. my bmw friend used to drool all over it.
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:57 PM #536
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie
 
Featherlite 07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Honey Badger University
 has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
wow, I had no idea they were even that expensive. That's crazy.
__________________
Team Aircraft Carrier - Admiral

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Featherlite 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:11 PM #537
Jurd
Dervishboy05
 
Jurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver WA
damn, that kind of money makes the money i spend look like a joke.

I think 200-300 bucks is a big investment!!!
Jurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:35 PM #538
Twenty4/7_Ep3
GangSTA
 
Twenty4/7_Ep3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL,nw AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurd View Post
damn, that kind of money makes the money i spend look like a joke.

I think 200-300 bucks is a big investment!!!
Wanna buy me some new lug nuts? Lol
__________________
ST:F Come at me bro
ST:A because racecar
1996 Civic Race
1992 Civic Street
Twenty4/7_Ep3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump