PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2010, 02:40 PM #1
Xtrophy
Pump-o-Matic

Magazine fed Markers

Hows it going guys? A friend of mine is interested in getting into the world of Mag fed markers (To tell the truth, I'm kinda interested in it myself, but I figure I'll watch and learn from him lol)

Since he does not have an account nor is he a regular visitor to the site I wanted to ask you guys if you can give me any tips/recommendations on them.

I am NOT asking this to be a vs. thread, I just want to know what to look for that is good, what to avoid, and what a good starting price range would be.

If this violates rules anyway, sorry and remove me

Thanks in advance!
Xtrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:29 PM #2
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
To be honest, I think magazine fed markers are kind of a gimmick. If you're getting a mag fed pistol, that's one thing. But for full-sized markers, I know of two main ways to go. One is the AT 85. A friend of mine has one of them, he's had it for maybe 2 years, at it's gone down at pretty much every game he's been to. The other option is RAP4 has some, and I've heard mixed reviews about the performance and customer service of RAP4, but if you browse their site you tend to notice that they sell things for about 3 times the cost as something comparable.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Mephysteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:37 PM #3
Xtrophy
Pump-o-Matic

That is what I was trying to avoid lol.

Simple and to the point, thanks for the help.
Xtrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 03:41 PM #4
Abnmp78

You could add a 10-15 round stock feed tube. I made some and enjoy it. Just feed with 10 tubes. Low cost alternative. Plus my son has a stock feed phantom pump and I found out the feed tube fits on a spyder so now it fits flush. So I have the smaller number of rounds but don't have to pay 20-30 for a mag. Something to look into also.
Abnmp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 PM #5
eos356
Eclipse Geo

eos356 helped look for balloons
eos356 is playing at Living Legends III
eos356 supports Team VICIOUS
eos356 supports Bob Gurnsey
I agree with the above post. Magazine-fed markers are an evolving concept, and I think they still have a ways to go before I will make one my primary.
-Alex

Set up a game in the kitchen, that should be an environment she feels comfortable in."
eos356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:39 PM #6
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

well, there are also the longbow kits to consider, made by spec ops, and the tiberius arms markers. personally, clip fed kind of has its own allure like pump play. dont knock it til you play that style.

"...I had to be at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil."
"Well ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking? Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I am the only one here that remains unaffiliated."

Cocker parts for sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3735953
AmazingBilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:06 PM #7
pbplaya0003

pbplaya0003 supports Team VICIOUS
they are fun to use. my friend has one and its pretty nice
pbplaya0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 PM #8
HitMan.
UNDERTAKERS

Heres a review video we did with a SWAT seminar of 50 different units.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:59 PM #9
pirahna585

As far as mag fed markers go, I would (an have) recommend rap4's T68 Gen 6 marker. I have one, and another member of our team also has one, you can buy the special edition bravo marker for $300 and I feel a much better marker over milsigs mag fed markers, at 85's ect.

The one nice thing about going mag fed, is giving the shooter the ability to see over the top of his receiver ... shooting like one would with a real firearm ... keeping the marker lighter, giving one more mobility with it being lighter an less of a profile, but does limit one to just the 18 - 19 round magazine capacity. How ever, Rap4 IS coming out with an ammo box mag where you can load it the same way you load the clips but has a 250 round capacity. With a tactical vest, you can carry 4 clips and one of the gun (@95 shots) and 250 shots with the box mag ( in a molle pouch on hip or where ever ). Still have the ability to carry pods of ammo to reload the ammo box mag and your magazines ... really it gives you the ability to carry more ammo ready to be shot instantaneously then a hopper fed marker. Take a look on their site ( rap4.com ) ... the company's come a long way, an the issues most see on the forums typically comes down to an oring ... really the way its designed, not much else can go wrong, no macro lines to leak either

Yeah I love my rap4 t68
pirahna585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:38 PM #10
10-shot kid

I play pistol with a 10 round spring feed because mags are way more expensive than you think. Beginning of last season I had 200 speed caps, now I have 50. Now I'm not safe at all with my 10 shot tubes, but think about that. Ask anyone who actually plays a style similar or the same as what your talking about how many tubes/mags they lose.

Try playing some form of limited semi first, switching to a good mag fed gun is expensive.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:54 PM #11
insanethumper
I. AM NOT. A W****

@pirahna585 I was thinking abut getting the t68 Do you like yours and have you had any problems with it. Ive been researching it and ive seen that some other complain that its is prone to breaking down. thanks.

"Cuz we're goofy, mother*CAW*ers."
insanethumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 AM #12
Redia

I also own a T68, so far, it's great. Hasn't jammed once, never misfires, never chops balls and of course, you just can't beat the looks you get walking onto the field with what is essentially an M4 that shoots paintballs. Only downside I have is that if you get the 3000 Psi tank it is a son of a ***** to get off, you have to unscrew a metal bar that holds it in place. However, it isn't necessary to take off the tank to refill it, just things to think of.

Also, I've been looking for some other players who use mag fed markers to go play with, anyone in the Stl neighborhood?

Last edited by Redia : 06-20-2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: 3000 psi, not 300, my bad =D
Redia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 04:05 PM #13
MACHINE_GUN

possibly the best, most realistic mag fed guns?

Check out ram paintball. WWW.APSRAM.COM
The sickest mag fed guns you will ever see. 20 round mags, 43 cal, the paintballs load into shells so they don't get crushed inside the mag under pressure (that's why most mag fed guns hold 10 or less)
They actually eject the shell like a real fire arm. so, some fields may require a shell catch bag, but u can use one from a real ar15 because they are essentially a real ar15 with paintball internals. by far the best senerio guns Ive ever seen. check them out for yourself. They start around $500, which is dirt cheap compared to almost any speedball setup.
MACHINE_GUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:54 AM #14
xiongsta_00

i also play mag as a primary. once in a while, i play with hopper just for fun. but other than that, the hopper style markers are just for loaners. i own a mag fed t68. very nice. hasn't broken down yet. the only thing that may break down is the mag if you dont take care of it right. i didnt because i was new to it and destroyed it w/o realizing that they were rebuildable.
heck...i can own hopper fed players on the field with my mag fed marker. not many people are ready to change over because of limited rounds. hey, it makes you a smarter player. i dont play a lot, but can still kill some players that play more then me...even if they use tourny markers.
xiongsta_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 AM #15
JESTERTLS

I'm a little late to the party here, but the best option for Mag Fed is MilSig. Good quality and good customer service. I met the guy that runs MilSig at Fulda Gap year before last, good guy that stands behind his products. MilSig was the ones that produced the Gen5 for RAP4. I am of course no fan of RAP's what so ever, but the Gen6 is also a good marker. I would still go with MilSig over RAP any day of the week.

THe AT85 is a bit hard to come by now days, but if you can find them.

And mag fed is far from a gimmick. There are many players that love limited ammo games and the MilSim crowd love mag fed. There will deffinetly be a MilSig in my collection, hopefully by the end of this season.

They do cost a bit new. But if you look on Ebay or some other forums BST section (like one in my sig) you can find them cheaper used.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:55 PM #16
tommyguns1245

I just purchased a Rap 4 t68 mag fed marker and I think playing with nothing but a mag is the next level to senerio and woodsball play. It takes more skill and a whole new style of play.
tommyguns1245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:52 AM #17
slingshotted

The T8s are a great line as far as pistols go. I havent had the experience with the TPX or the new bt sa-17. Im waiting for my overlord to come in so i can get a feel on how it plays. If you can find anyone that has pistols, see if they will loan it to you for a game or two to get a feel for the gun. Pistol preference is really up to you, depending on your willingness to spend and how you want to play. From my short experience and talks from other pistoleers, you have to play smarter and move faster.
slingshotted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:46 AM #18
discountgolfprice

Just follow your mind!
discountgolfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:15 AM #19
zoomer
zoomer

zoomer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
zoomer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
zoomer is for the Gunfight
zoomer supports Sherwood Forest
I own both speedball guns and woodsball guns and I like both. Milsigs and Rap4's are ridiculously authentic looking and not having a hopper on top really adds to the look and feel of the real deal. I have a Rap4 T68 with Split Fire dual feed so I can switch on the fly from mag fed to hopper fed and even carry two different kinds of ammo if I need a tank buster round There are times I like to spray balls like crazy and then there are times I like to pick my shots and make every shot count. Thats why I own both.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...ghlight=milsim

Last edited by zoomer : 05-23-2011 at 02:33 AM.
zoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:27 PM #20
JESTERTLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephysteaux View Post
To be honest, I think magazine fed markers are kind of a gimmick. If you're getting a mag fed pistol, that's one thing. But for full-sized markers, I know of two main ways to go. One is the AT 85. A friend of mine has one of them, he's had it for maybe 2 years, at it's gone down at pretty much every game he's been to. The other option is RAP4 has some, and I've heard mixed reviews about the performance and customer service of RAP4, but if you browse their site you tend to notice that they sell things for about 3 times the cost as something comparable.
Gotta go with the AT85 as well. Just did a game with my friend that is running one. Such a versatile paintball marker. Deffinetly the way to go. Mags a far shorter then the RAP or MilSig's. Mechanical full auto for the win. The front shroud ammo box is nice.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:45 PM #21
Hebiki
Hebiki Design Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
I'm a little late to the party here, but the best option for Mag Fed is MilSig. Good quality and good customer service. I met the guy that runs MilSig at Fulda Gap year before last, good guy that stands behind his products. MilSig was the ones that produced the Gen5 for RAP4. I am of course no fan of RAP's what so ever, but the Gen6 is also a good marker. I would still go with MilSig over RAP any day of the week.

THe AT85 is a bit hard to come by now days, but if you can find them.

And mag fed is far from a gimmick. There are many players that love limited ammo games and the MilSim crowd love mag fed. There will deffinetly be a MilSig in my collection, hopefully by the end of this season.

They do cost a bit new. But if you look on Ebay or some other forums BST section (like one in my sig) you can find them cheaper used.
MilSig is definitely a great product. i bought the paradigm and loved it. too bad mag-fed play here in socal never took off so i sold my paradigm. look into their products. they have great support, solid well built markers and great mag-fed markers. you get what you pay for.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

AggressiveSports.net - MACDEV Sales & Warranty Center
Aggressive Factory D4 | California Karnage
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote