Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-17-2010, 05:24 PM #1
hppymonkey2

bad referees

How many of you saw bad calls this weekend in Corona? I watched four games in a row and nothing but bad calls, and from the same referees in every game. I heard Mike yell the refe's are there to enforce the rules and not make them up. Ha ha. Players were called out for stopping behind a bunker to see if he was hit, and the ref called him out for his actions. No paint just actions. Since when does spray count as being hit? Since when does stains on your jerseys mean your out. Mike needed to give all divisions the same look at ref's as D-2. Mike was yelling at the ref's there, watch unbelievable bad calls and yet never checked the other fields. Would the games have turned out different? Yes. All ref's wanted to go home and didn't care what they were doing. I think everyone who had a bad call on them on Sunday should ref for these guys in there next tournament and let them see how it feels to know the rules are being made up as they go. Maybe all ref's should read the rule book before they ref. Yes I'm mad. Its frustrating to see all players being treated bad. Everyone of those guys paid good money for a fair game, yet no one told the ref's. My team never wants to play in Mike tournament again. Second tournament the ref's were a joke, yet what other tornaments are there. I give you that Mike, you own the fields and tournaments. Shame you don't give everyone a fair game.
hppymonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2010, 05:32 PM #2
Purple_people_eaterZ
Lets play PAINTWARZ!

Purple_people_eaterZ plays in the PSP
Purple_people_eaterZ owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Purple_people_eaterZ plays in the APPA D5 division
I wasn't at that tournament but, welcome to Paintball .. sadly enough, alot of refs are just terrible.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM #3
NH Kicker89

NH Kicker89 plays in the PSP
NH Kicker89 is an NCPA player
NH Kicker89 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by hppymonkey2 View Post
How many of you saw bad calls this weekend in Corona? I watched four games in a row and nothing but bad calls, and from the same referees in every game. I heard Mike yell the refe's are there to enforce the rules and not make them up. Ha ha. Players were called out for stopping behind a bunker to see if he was hit, and the ref called him out for his actions. No paint just actions. Since when does spray count as being hit? Since when does stains on your jerseys mean your out. Mike needed to give all divisions the same look at ref's as D-2. Mike was yelling at the ref's there, watch unbelievable bad calls and yet never checked the other fields. Would the games have turned out different? Yes. All ref's wanted to go home and didn't care what they were doing. I think everyone who had a bad call on them on Sunday should ref for these guys in there next tournament and let them see how it feels to know the rules are being made up as they go. Maybe all ref's should read the rule book before they ref. Yes I'm mad. Its frustrating to see all players being treated bad. Everyone of those guys paid good money for a fair game, yet no one told the ref's. My team never wants to play in Mike tournament again. Second tournament the ref's were a joke, yet what other tornaments are there. I give you that Mike, you own the fields and tournaments. Shame you don't give everyone a fair game.
i wasnt at this tournament but im jw have you ever reffed a paintball tournament before?
Akron VP #11
DeathToAll Clothing

Keeping It Casual
NH Kicker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 PM #4
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
What you can see from behind the net and what you can see on the field as a ref are two entirely different things. Refs usually do not have the luxury of being able to focus on a single player all game - refs must keep their heads on a swivel. Focus on one area and that leaves another neglected.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 PM #5
derderballer79

derderballer79 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
derderballer79 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
derderballer79 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
derderballer79 supports Team VICIOUS
i am assuming your team did not do to well also. For the state that paintball is in right now and how hard it is to run an event, i feel Mike is doing a great job and is really helping this sport out. The only way we are going to get paintball any bigger is progression, not to complain about something that cannot be concluded or agreed upon.
derderballer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:01 PM #6
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
I can sympathize with you as a player. Yes, it is frustrating to have bad calls made and to see them happenig to everyone. I have had them made on me as well were there was no hit on me yet I was called out. What do I do? Say skittles and get ready to play the next game. Thats all you can do.

As from a referee point of view, I can sympthize with them as well. It's a lot of work to referee any sport, and in every sport, referees will make bad calls. If it is only once or all day, they still happen, it is part of the game and will always be part of the game. Referees are just human, and will make mistakes like everyone else. But if the referees were not willing to come out there are do thier part, players would not have a tournament to play.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:14 PM #7
massraptor

has been a member for 10 years
I was there and have to agree that there were some bad calls. I also have video to prove it.

But on the flip side those same bad calls were being made to everyone. So it kinda evens things out.

The Referees need to be as enthusiastic as the players. The players paid to be there. As did the Ref's to some extent or another.
But you could really tell that some of the ref's either had one heck of a party night out or were being forced to be there.

I just wish some would take pride in their efforts.
Instead of "I'm on a pro team , I have to be here". whatever. Take your lumps.
There are kids with 100% more heart and drive that want to be there.Talk about taking things for granted.

Boy if major league baseball players acted that way they would be bust down to the minors!
End of Rant

Carbon Fiber Tips

EGO08, IM6, Custom Orry Mid block For Sale

Last edited by massraptor : 05-17-2010 at 09:22 PM.
massraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:51 PM #8
mylifefire
K5 Los Angeles

mylifefire owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mylifefire plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by massraptor View Post
I was there and have to agree that there were some bad calls. I also have video to prove it.
But on the flip side those same bad calls were being made to everyone. So it kinda evens things out.
I also saw some good calls too. This tournament was better reffed then Huntington Beach ...

Ka Funf WCPPL Event 4 2012 Mix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZz0ZdwpUU

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutly free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." Albert Camus
mylifefire is offline   Reply With Quote