PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-26-2010, 06:27 AM #43
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenphantom View Post
Your right I shouldn't flame him on here. Sometimes you get a little tired of guys who have no idea how things work trying to tell you how your job works just because they saw an HBO special on it, well it kinda gets to you sometimes.

I learned how to tell the future by watching the other 75% of guys with his same appoarch of "I am wrong but you are more wrong no matter what" mentality. They usually just either suck at being a nuke or if they do have that natural photographic memory turn out to be *******s and the end up getting beat down by the goat locker. Of course there are exceptions to every rule.
Like chuck norris, he is ALWAYS the exceptioon
CaseySmith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2010, 04:03 PM #44
imnotdannykeegan
f***ed up knee

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
lol how is life on the georgia?

its pretty damn sweet, I honestly couldn't ask for a better chain of command. I mean, our boat is an old hunk of antiquated poop that should have been decom'd years ago, but having a crew that actually doesnt mind and for the most part enjoys going underway is a rare gift that i am glad i have. Plus being a GN, its sweet to be able to hit ports
Old 05-27-2010, 09:32 AM #45
warSSaw
INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Quote:
Your right I shouldn't flame him on here. Sometimes you get a little tired of guys who have no idea how things work trying to tell you how your job works just because they saw an HBO special on it, well it kinda gets to you sometimes.

I learned how to tell the future by watching the other 75% of guys with his same appoarch of "I am wrong but you are more wrong no matter what" mentality. They usually just either suck at being a nuke or if they do have that natural photographic memory turn out to be *******s and the end up getting beat down by the goat locker. Of course there are exceptions to every rule.
what HBO special? You seriously are retarded, I sent you a PM apologizing, admitted I was wrong on here, and you still want to keep talking ****. Are you an ET?

Last edited by warSSaw : 05-27-2010 at 09:45 AM.
warSSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:13 PM #46
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by warSSaw View Post
what HBO special? You seriously are retarded, I sent you a PM apologizing, admitted I was wrong on here, and you still want to keep talking ****. Are you an ET?
The last comment was only kinda directed at you. I was explaining why I flamed you in the first place because since you sent me a PM no one else knew about that and you had apologized after my flame. I was clearing up why I had. You have admitted you was wrong and you did apologize. My last comment that your above quote was directed at was not directed at you but for other to understand some of the crap that nukes and other "old guys" deal with from people that have no clue except what they learned on the military channel. So, I should have said, "This is not directed at warSSaw, the misunderstanding and his disrespect to his senior petty officers have been cleared up and his has been train correctly." Next time I will say that.
Oh, and hell no I am not an ET an ET would have bent over and taken a smart *** comment from an junior enlisted and not said anything, and EM would have cut you.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:46 PM #47
dvsRaveR

dvsRaveR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Nuke job is worth it if you have the perservearance and dedication. Big bonus? YES. Make rate fast? HELL YES! But you will earn every single penny of your paycheck and bonus w/ massive amounts of cleaning, training, spilling and drilling and more cleaning, training, and more splliing and drilling.

I'm on a submarine.. and that's all they do. While I'm going home at 14/1500, they go home NLT 1700 (unless you're E-div)
dvsRaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM #48
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsRaveR View Post
Nuke job is worth it if you have the perservearance and dedication. Big bonus? YES. Make rate fast? HELL YES! But you will earn every single penny of your paycheck and bonus w/ massive amounts of cleaning, training, spilling and drilling and more cleaning, training, and more splliing and drilling.

I'm on a submarine.. and that's all they do. While I'm going home at 14/1500, they go home NLT 1700 (unless you're E-div)
what are you meaning by this?? Im not following the lingo there. so excuse my ignorance
Old 07-08-2010, 03:40 PM #49
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Translation, "While I am heading to my house at around 2 or 3pm, they get done with their work no later than 5pm (unless you are in electrical ((electricians)) division)."
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:02 AM #50
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

lol i shoulda picked up on that .. military time -_- haha okay
Old 07-09-2010, 07:54 AM #51
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
LSP IOT DEFOM

Yea ... thats some mil speak right there
Old 07-09-2010, 10:39 PM #52
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

hahaha
Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 AM #53
emsplatt

Annual Supporting Member
emsplatt donated to help Peyton Trent
emsplatt supports our troops
I am a medically retired submarine nuke ET that now works at a civilian power plant. I went to college for 2 years before joining but did not have the work ethic to make it there. I was also a psych major and quickly realized this would get me no where in the big scheme of things. I joined the Navy as a Nuke for one reason only, and that was to take them for everything they were worth in my 6 year enlistment and use all the training and certifications to obtain a power related job in the real world since it is an industry that isn't going anywhere. I worked my butt off while I was in and went to every school and obtained every qualification they would let me get. Life sucked on the boat, I thought it sucked in school at the time also but that was just from a lack of perspective.

To me it is not worth the crap you have to put up with or the crazy hours or the mind numbing stupidity of those in charge to get one of those giant reenlistment bonuses. You will make more on the outside than you ever could in the Navy with a way better quality of life. If any of you have questions about what kind of jobs are out there for us PM me.

I was on med hold for over a year while they decided what to do with me after I hurt my knee and was extended 6 times. Prior to each extension I interviewed for and obtained a job offer, all of which I had to decline. So I have a very good idea of what kinds of jobs we can get with all the training. Sorry for the wall of text, but the program can be the best thing ever or your worst nightmares come to life, it's all what you make of it.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:11 AM #54
Funkagenda

i wish i didnt just read what you said.

makes me depressed that i dropped out of the navy just go mess around and then get a DUI.
Funkagenda is offline   Reply With Quote