Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-21-2010, 08:40 PM #22
snak3y3z1002

IMHO, life as a nuke sucks even if you're senior in rate. I give you guys props for putting up all the long hours, especially right before getting underway. IMO pro pay isn't even worth for how much hours you guys put in. First ones to be at work, last ones to leave. This is from a coner POV
snak3y3z1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:06 AM #23
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by snak3y3z1002 View Post
IMHO, life as a nuke sucks even if you're senior in rate. I give you guys props for putting up all the long hours, especially right before getting underway. IMO pro pay isn't even worth for how much hours you guys put in. First ones to be at work, last ones to leave. This is from a coner POV
Thanks, although Coners due say, " Shut up Nuke you get Propay!" most due understand that our life sucks for the most part. Where are you stationed?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:09 AM #24
imnotdannykeegan
f***ed up knee

im on the georgia, and we have a pretty good quote from in our shore power trunk. "nukes dont get pro-pay, coners just get docked 150 dollars for being retarded."
Old 05-22-2010, 06:46 PM #25
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotdannykeegan View Post
im on the georgia, and we have a pretty good quote from in our shore power trunk. "nukes dont get pro-pay, coners just get docked 150 dollars for being retarded."
lol how is life on the georgia?
Old 05-22-2010, 08:40 PM #26
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
They just got back from a cruise. Everything is broken, though. Then again, everything from the shipyard is broken until the crews have a chance to rebuild it all a few times. Have to love NNSY.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:25 PM #27
snak3y3z1002

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddenphantom View Post
Thanks, although Coners due say, " Shut up Nuke you get Propay!" most due understand that our life sucks for the most part. Where are you stationed?
Lol you guys can keep your propay, ill keep my liberty.
Im stationed in Pearl Harbor
Old 05-23-2010, 07:47 AM #28
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
They just got back from a cruise. Everything is broken, though. Then again, everything from the shipyard is broken until the crews have a chance to rebuild it all a few times. Have to love NNSY.
I was on two new cons out of NGNN in Va and from what I have seen Va need to get out of the sub business all together. SERIOUSLY. they are going to kill some guys!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:49 PM #29
warSSaw
INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Quote:
Whatever dude. I'm a decade your senior, get paid well over double what you do, and an instructor. I think I might know what I am talking about, student.
but you're not a nuke, dude. I've been through A school and I know for a fact there is not a degrees worth of material in there. And like I give a **** if you get paid more than me, what does that have to do with anything. You're the kind of person that makes the Navy a ****ty place sometimes. Get over your "I have the biggest dick" game and stop talking out of your ***.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:59 PM #30
snak3y3z1002

I thought after a nuke goes through A school,prototype and power school, they're a few classes short to earn a BA.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:04 PM #31
warSSaw
INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by snak3y3z1002 View Post
I thought after a nuke goes through A school,prototype and power school, they're a few classes short to earn a BA.
I got around 25-30 credits from a school and power school combined. Perhaps after prototype one could be closer to degree. but the school in question is A school.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:26 PM #32
hiddenphantom

Since most rates go only an A school, it is assumed that all the schools we go though is basically "nuke A school". Nuke A school is "A school" or rating school, power school, prototype, then if your lucky either ELT or welder. So when someone in the Fleet says A school and is talking about a nuke you combine all the schools. If they want to talk about a specific school then they will say the specific school. So, when your done will all your nuke schools you will need 6 hrs of english, 6 hrs of humanities, 12 hrs of social science, calculus 1&2, 3 hr of the following: technical writing, statistics, computer programming, and instrumentation. This is the degree program for a BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology from Thomas Edison. If you have any more questions please ask I will find you the answer. And WarSSaw your not a nuke, yet and your not qualified **** so shut the **** up!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:15 PM #33
warSSaw
INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Quote:
Since most rates go only an A school, it is assumed that all the schools we go though is basically "nuke A school". Nuke A school is "A school" or rating school, power school, prototype, then if your lucky either ELT or welder. So when someone in the Fleet says A school and is talking about a nuke you combine all the schools. If they want to talk about a specific school then they will say the specific school. So, when your done will all your nuke schools you will need 6 hrs of english, 6 hrs of humanities, 12 hrs of social science, calculus 1&2, 3 hr of the following: technical writing, statistics, computer programming, and instrumentation. This is the degree program for a BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology from Thomas Edison. If you have any more questions please ask I will find you the answer. And WarSSaw your not a nuke, yet and your not qualified **** so shut the **** up!
Who ever said I was a nuke? This is a forum and I'm allowed to state my opinion
Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 PM #34
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Military thread says he's an FC.

WarSSaw - getting paid more = I outrank you = I've got more experience in this game than you do = I might know what I am talking about, and there are probably things you don't know about being as I've seen way more than you have and possibly ever will (if you couldn't pick it up, the order o importance is from least to greatest)

You're still a NUB, what do NUBs do? STFU.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM #35
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Quote:
Military thread says he's an FC.

WarSSaw - getting paid more = I outrank you = I've got more experience in this game than you do = I might know what I am talking about, and there are probably things you don't know about being as I've seen way more than you have and possibly ever will (if you couldn't pick it up, the order o importance is from least to greatest)

You're still a NUB, what do NUBs do? STFU.
And he drops the hammer I felt the sting of that one

Last edited by CaseySmith2010 : 05-24-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Typo
CaseySmith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 PM #36
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by warSSaw View Post
I'm in the nuc pipeline so I don't know much, but there are some couple actual nucs that might be able to answer your question.

Quote:
Who ever said I was a nuke? This is a forum and I'm allowed to state my opinion

You did, dumb ***! As stated before STFU NUB!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:48 AM #37
warSSaw
INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Quote:
You did, dumb ***! As stated before STFU NUB!
That's funny, I said I'm in the pipeline, not an actual nuke. Attention to detail.

and Barrel Roll, trust me I'm aware you know much more about the Navy then I do, but I assumed you were talking just about the three month A school that we go through, that's another thing that I learned recently in this thread: not all rates call our whole pipeline by each individual school. So to you for being an E-badass.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:35 PM #38
chinqlinq

has been a member for 10 years
chinqlinq plays in the USPL
chinqlinq plays in the PSP
god i wish i wouldve just went thru with the navy instead of dropping it for the coast guard...

wouldnt be sitting around pullin my pork right now.

i know when i signed up back in dec 08 they were pushing hard on me to go nuke. people kept calling my recruiter and telling him to ask me if i wanted to but he was kept saying nahh just stick to what you want right now.

they did convince some kid that looked like he played 10 hours of world of warcraft everyday tho.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:09 PM #39
hiddenphantom

Quote:
That's funny, I said I'm in the pipeline, not an actual nuke. Attention to detail.

and Barrel Roll, trust me I'm aware you know much more about the Navy then I do, but I assumed you were talking just about the three month A school that we go through, that's another thing that I learned recently in this thread: not all rates call our whole pipeline by each individual school. So to you for being an E-badass.
You are right you are not a nuke. You are so far a worthless NUB that has completed A school and is probably setting on T track waiting to class up for power school where you will hopefully make it though then probably end up on a carrier where you will live out your sea lawyer ways trying to figure out how to get out of work instead of helping your division and doing your freaking job. So, until you actually have something worth a **** to say keep you ****ing mouth shut. You have made yourself to be nothing but a waste of navy money. Barrel roll may not be a nuke but he does have good insight into the training aspect and being a submarine guy (I figure) he has worked with us and knows what we go though. So, I would trust his word on these things.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:13 PM #40
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Hey man even though you may think hes bein a dumb **** no need to flame, im trustin the info you and barrel have gave me any ways, since your a nuke and your both in the navy and have been for long enough to know whats what, so its not like hes leading me astray with info or anythin

Quote:
You are right you are not a nuke. You are so far a worthless NUB that has completed A school and is probably setting on T track waiting to class up for power school where you will hopefully make it though then probably end up on a carrier where you will live out your sea lawyer ways trying to figure out how to get out of work instead of helping your division and doing your freaking job. So, until you actually have something worth a **** to say keep you ****ing mouth shut. You have made yourself to be nothing but a waste of navy money. Barrel roll may not be a nuke but he does have good insight into the training aspect and being a submarine guy (I figure) he has worked with us and knows what we go though. So, I would trust his word on these things.
CaseySmith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:21 PM #41
warSSaw
INTERGALACTIC PLANETARY

Quote:
Let's keep stating the obvious right? No, I'm classing up for prototype next week, so not quite through the pipeline yet. Stop crying I admitted I was wrong and I misunderstood what barrel roll was saying. Once again, attention to detail shipmate

Edit: When did you find out you were able to see the future by the way? I'd really like to know.

Last edited by warSSaw : 05-25-2010 at 08:27 PM.
warSSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:32 AM #42
hiddenphantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseySmith2010 View Post
Hey man even though you may think hes bein a dumb **** no need to flame, im trustin the info you and barrel have gave me any ways, since your a nuke and your both in the navy and have been for long enough to know whats what, so its not like hes leading me astray with info or anythin
Your right I shouldn't flame him on here. Sometimes you get a little tired of guys who have no idea how things work trying to tell you how your job works just because they saw an HBO special on it, well it kinda gets to you sometimes.

I learned how to tell the future by watching the other 75% of guys with his same appoarch of "I am wrong but you are more wrong no matter what" mentality. They usually just either suck at being a nuke or if they do have that natural photographic memory turn out to be *******s and the end up getting beat down by the goat locker. Of course there are exceptions to every rule.