PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-15-2010, 03:09 PM #1
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Ideas on this ?

Alright heres the scoop. Im wanting to join the Navy, Im 18 and getting ready to graduate. but Before I can D.E.P. (Delayed Entry Program) in I need to lose weight says my recruiter. for my height I think I need to be at about 185 he said, I was also at 27 % body fat which was 7% over I believe. I was at almost 220 but with about a month of playing fullcourt and halfcourt basketball every day after school from about 4 to 8 or nine and drinking TONS of water and eating a little better, Id dropped down to about 205 and 23.5% body fat. Now my recruiter has taken an interest in me and told me to also do the following. Most of this is concerned with weight loss first not building up muscle so much
-Swimming alot since it works all muscles and is low low impact
-Reverse Calorie foods during the day at school (Basically what im doing is taking a sack with strawberries, celery, oranges, grapes and snacking during school.. His rule of thumb was eat every time you get a bit hungry but just enough to become full this is to boost my metabolism, as well as burning calories
-drinking tons of water which im at 3 - 5 16.9 fl oz bottles during school, and probably 5 more after
-every morning and night 3 sets of 25 pushups (thats the most I can get with good to decent form) and 3 sets of 45 situps. alternating with two minute rests in between
-And on top of that Im still playing alot of basketball. Mainly fullcourt now, I like the cardio workout I get

But my question is if theres anything else I should be doing. or if Im doing what I need? In his words he said with the swimming and eating right, along with my drive (Since I lost the weight just doing a few simple things on my own) that Ill slim out and be in shape by the middle of summer. Im also working on running because I need to be able to run 1.5 miles too. Thanks
CaseySmith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2010, 03:17 PM #2
BoneBreak

Exercise and a good diet. That's it
BoneBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:47 PM #3
CaseySmith2010
BonusBalled!

Well I understand that I meant like any other types of excersise that I could throw in that could help more?
CaseySmith2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:55 PM #4
The Situation (Banned)

Your recruiter is trying to get you to focus on the areas that you're going to use while taking a PT test.

You need to take it to the next level though and actual hit the weights and do a good amount of cardio.
The Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:58 PM #5
Tracheotripsy
Y'all can't handle this

I'd basically do what he says, because in addition to losing weight, you also have to be able to pass their PT tests and be able to do all the **** they make you do in basic.

As for diet, just eat lean meats, fruits and vegetables, and eat about 6 smaller meals a day.

A basic weight training program would help too. Look up Rippetoes Starting Strength. You don't need anything fancy, just a basic program to get you in decent shape and make you a bit stronger.
Tracheotripsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:08 PM #6
donutballer
DONUTS AND PAINTBALL ROCK

PM me I got the answer
Old 05-15-2010, 04:14 PM #7
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

There is no such thing as a reverse calorie food.

Some stuff, like celery, is mostly fiber, correct, but it's still positive calories. Fruits are low calorie, high fiber, but reverse calorie is a misnomer. The only thing you could categorize technically as reverse calories is cold water, since your body has to heat it up, and since it's already at 0 cal, it can burn some energy.

Our like a gallon of cold water you only burn like 70 calories or so though. Keep it up though dude.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:43 PM #8
peltco123 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
Bicep curls
peltco123 is offline   Reply With Quote