Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-15-2010, 06:47 AM #1
wacky.si

Playing in cold and RAIN

so.. here is the weather forecast for our sunday tournament..
http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/austria/vienna

Its gonna be messy and we want to be prepared, so we will wear rain coats under playing jersey and..

..there are some other things we are not sure about:
- should barrel ports be closed (with tape)
- we heared that spraying paintballs with water before use in rain can prevent from breaking them in barrel.. is it true?
- we are planning to use DXS Silver.. should we use Bronze? should we try to get something else?
- is it better to warm paintballs before use, or leave them at temp that they will be used?
- any other suggestions/tips/tricks/experiences?

Thanks for answers!
wacky.si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2010, 01:15 PM #2
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
Put a plastic bag over your marker/hopper. Tape the ports up (like you mentioned)

Keep the paint as dry as possible and overbore a crap ton. No telling how much your paint could swell from the water.

If I post in your sale thread I am trying to close a deal as fast as possible. If you delay, I move on.
Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:28 PM #3
wacky.si

Thank you!
Old 05-15-2010, 09:56 PM #4
Shawn_Savage
RUSHian Mob

Annual Supporting Member
Shawn_Savage plays in the PSP
Shawn_Savage plays in the APPA D4 division
Shawn_Savage is Legendary
Also, apply shampoo to the inside of your mask. Let it dry, buff it off with a microfiber cloth or something like that. It puts a clear film on the inside of your mask and no matter how bad the rain gets, you aren't going to fog up.

This works for any weather conditions. Most anti-fogs are a soap based product. Shampoo is just the easiest/cheapest but you can use other stuff.

I am only putting this because someone misunderstood me once. Don't put it on the foam of your mask

If I post in your sale thread I am trying to close a deal as fast as possible. If you delay, I move on.
Picked best team 2011 by NTex PBreview
Picked best reps of Texas 2012 by NTex PBreview
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:25 PM #5
wacky.si

Tnx all for replys!

so..

There was light rain almost all day, but no need for rain coats.. max 8C

- we put lids instead of speedfeeds, one of us played with speedfeed (covered with plastic bag before games) and had no problems in game eather..
- DXS Silver paintballs were great! Almost no barrelbreaks, just one hopper break.. NO spraying on them before use!
- we did not warm paintballs in car or so, since players area was inside big hall and temp there was little higher then outside
- we did not switch pods between games to always use older paint first.. we forgot to do so, but have no problems
- we did not tape the barrel porting, had no problems..
- we did not tape mask top portings, since the rain was light and some raindrops from inside and outside of lens didnt bother us much.. i guess taping top mask porting might resoult in foging..
- when waiting for games, we put masks under our jersey to keep them dry as long as we could
- we used warm jackets between games, so we didnt get cold

so these are some tips from us that might help future rain noobs

PS: we won, F-yea!