Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-30-2010, 09:36 PM #1
shadow1118pimpv.2 (Banned)

Capoeira

does anyone do this, i have been jujitsu for the longest time, and always known about this, but i never realized how ****ing awesome this **** is, i know this may go in the mma thread, but whatever

and yea its a dancing martial art
shadow1118pimpv.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2010, 09:46 PM #2
sdwinder9x
neon nights

has been a member for 10 years
Note that I don't know that much about fighting, but I was talking to a friend of mine who practices Kenpo among a few other martial arts, and he says Capoeira is a great martial art form, but it's really predictable because you're always moving in a circular pattern. So it's actually not that great for a fighting form in a caged environment if your opponent is strong at defending Cap. But none the less, it's an awesome fighting style that's fun to watch.

Edit: Sick video though, but that didn't really show much Capoeira really.

Mister walkway. Mister walk down me, I'm the walk way. Lead me to the building, **** you.

Last edited by sdwinder9x : 08-30-2010 at 09:49 PM.
sdwinder9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:48 PM #3
pbkid777
Move Freely

pbkid777 helped look for balloons
I am posting this just to say how much I hate that song. Its all over youtube, ugh.
Philippians 4:13

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”-Gail Devers
pbkid777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:53 PM #4
sdwinder9x
neon nights

What song is it? It sounds familiar, but I don't really listen to non-EDM stuff these days.

Mister walkway. Mister walk down me, I'm the walk way. Lead me to the building, **** you.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 PM #5
pbkid777
Move Freely

I have no clue, but it annoys the heck out of me. Its dub-step for me all day now.

“Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.”-Gail Devers
Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 PM #6
automagsrule
LOIC

My knowledge of this stuff extends about as far as playing as eddie gordo on tekken 3.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:17 AM #7
123paintball_dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkid777 View Post
I have no clue, but it annoys the heck out of me. Its dub-step for me all day now.
Cool, too bad most dubstep blows.

Anyways, it's really more of an art form than a martial art now a days. It started with the slaves, as a way for them to learn and pass on martial arts, without their owners being alarmed.

Even though it's not a great martial art, it does promote incredible body control and amazing athleticism. One of the best Jiujitsu practitioners in the world, Ruben 'Cobrinha' Charles, tributes his balance and athleticism to his roots in Capoeira.
123paintball_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:34 AM #8
sdwinder9x
neon nights

I'll put it this way: capoeira is really, really ****ing hard to do. If anyone else knows anything about it, I'm down to see what they have to say.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:50 AM #9
pbkid777
Move Freely

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123paintball_dude View Post
Cool, too bad most dubstep blows.

Anyways, it's really more of an art form than a martial art now a days. It started with the slaves, as a way for them to learn and pass on martial arts, without their owners being alarmed.

Even though it's not a great martial art, it does promote incredible body control and amazing athleticism. One of the best Jiujitsu practitioners in the world, Ruben 'Cobrinha' Charles, tributes his balance and athleticism to his roots in Capoeira.
Look up Rusko and Dasik. Hopefully they will change your mind.