05-06-2010, 04:13 PM
A dream within a dream
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
*** RULES! - READ FIRST! Rules to be followed in this forum at ALL times. ***
The following are offenses that will result in an immediate permanent ban:
1. No pornography or links to sites with pornography. This website is not limited to persons 18 and older. Pornography includes posting images with obvious nudity, exposed genitals and female nipples. Links to sites containing pornography are a bannable offense. We allow members to post images of persons who are wearing very little clothing but do not qualify as pornography, those images will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and can be removed at the discretion of a staff member. The images posted by members must also have any link or address that links to somewhere with pornography removed.ill usually result in a 1 to 7 day temporary ban and possibly a permanent ban:
2. No cursing. Do not bypass or attempt to bypass the swear censor. The filters will catch most words, but intentionally spacing out curse words or avoiding the swear filters will result in a ban.
3. No trolling. Do not make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being labeled a troll.
4. No money making schemes, lottery contests or referral games. Pyramid schemes are scams, don't work, and nobody here wants to hear about them. These are considered spam.
5. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, instant messenger aliases, email addresses, etc., without their permission. Respect the privacy of others. PbNation reserves the right to release such information if need be. We do not tolerate scam artists. We have and continue to cooperate with law enforcement agencies to catch those engaged in criminal behavior on this web site. Don't do it you’ll get caught and we will help them catch you.
6. Do not post any material that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner(s) of said copyright, trademark or other proprietary right
This includes posting links or requests for warez.
The following is common forum etiquette and excessive abuse of will result in a ban:
7. Post content in the appropriate forum. Read the forum notes if you are uncertain of the correct forum to post to. This is your responsibility.
8. Use text formatting colors at a minimum. Not everyone uses the same style. Text made to be blue with the [color=blue] tag in one style may not be readable to everyone in another style.
9. Do not post in all capital letters.
10. Do not start threads directed solely towards another user. Use the private message function to contact individuals.
11. Think before you post. Constant posts containing nothing but “ibc”, “die”, “pwned”, “***”, etc or any other waste of space quickly becomes very annoying to those who are seeking useful information.
12. Advertising Guidelines:
PbNation has strict guidelines prohibiting blatant advertising, commercial sales and solicitation posts on all of our message boards.
Our Paintball boards are meant to be an exchange of advice and tips where members can talk about paintball. There are thousands of Paintball stores and vendors online and if we didn't insist on a non-solicitation policy the Nation would be very quickly overrun with ads in the posts.
PbNation defines advertising as an individual or company's attempt to generate business or other commercial enterprise, either directly or indirectly, by using our forums. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to, requests to be E-mailed, the posting of phone numbers for your business, and the referring to or posting of one's own Web site address.
Also, although third-party recommendations are the lifeblood of the message boards, when, in the sole opinion of the message board staff, those public postings are too commercial or promotional in tone, excessive in quantity or if there is reason to suspect that they are disingenuous, or posted by a vendor, themselves, under cover of "alias" screen names, such postings will be removed.
While we welcome the third-party recommendation and advice of our active vendor members, they MUST be in response to a request for such information, and they must NOT contain contact information of any kind. This includes responding with the name of a specific store, or commercial enterprise, the web site address, the phone number or locate, or fax number.
PbNation reserves the right to approve or deny links which lead directly to or link to any-related material or message boards that is not located within PbNation. This does not mean all links will be removed, but rather that they will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Any and all press releases must be first approved by PbNation marketing and sales prior to posting on the message boards.
PbNation welcomes commercial paintball enterprises to support the Nation by purchasing banner ads on the web site. Please see the advertising page for more information.
12 A. Paintball related job listings are permissible in the Paintball News forum. Job listings need to be about the job and not the company and/or products that the company may produce. Do not post web addresses to the company making the listing and please keep all potential employee contact in private via the private messaging system or other private medium.
The above rules apply to all areas of the message board system, including but not limited to Private Messages, Signatures, and Avatars.
Some forums may have specific rules in place outside of the rules and guidelines expressed on this page. If a forum has more rules, such as the Buy/Sell/Trade forums, there will be a clearly stated link to the rules at the top of the thread listing inside of that forum.
All messages and any other material once submitted become the property of PbNation, LLC.
Please note that PbNation will, from time to time, make changes to these Community Guidelines without notice to reflect current climates within the Community. Additionally, every single issue that might possible arise would be impossible to address within these guidelines. Therefore, just because a certain issue isn't raised here, doesn't mean it will be allowed (or disallowed, for that matter) within the Community.
Legal Notice and Disclaimers
The information provided on this website is not intended to be professional, legal, medical or expert advice, but merely conveys general information that may, or may not be related to paintball and paintball safety issues commonly encountered. This information is not intended to create any legal relationship between this website, posters on this website, PbNation LLC or any other user of this website. Neither the transmission nor receipt of these website materials will create a relationship between sender and receiver.
The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. We make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information at this website or at any other website to which this site is linked.
You should not act or rely on any information at this website without seeking the advice of an professional.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND PbNation LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
THE PbNation LLC DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY, OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF OR ANY WAY RELATED TO (A) ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS FROM THIS SITE AND ITS CONTENT,INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TECHNICAL INACCURACIES AND TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, (B) ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR CONTENT THEREIN DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY ACCESSED THROUGH LINKS IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY ERRORS IN OR OMISSIONS THEREFROM, (C) THE UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, (D) YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, OR (E) YOUR USE OF ANY EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE.
05-06-2010, 04:15 PM
A dream within a dream
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Central Wisconsin
And specific rules to this forum...
* 1) No threads will be permitted that contain any offers or requests to buy, sell, or trade equipment (so called “b/s/t” threads). This includes links to any third-party site (Ebay, for example) where equipment is being sold. Any thread which breaks this rule will be immediately closed or deleted and the offender will be will be banned.
* 2) No flaming will be tolerated. Flaming consists of excessive insults of an offensive nature. Flames can be directed toward individuals, groups, companies, etc., and none of these types are permissible under PBNation rules. Posts or threads containing flames will be edited, closed, or deleted by the moderators at their sole discretion. The decision of what is a flame and what isn’t rests solely with the moderators.
* 3) No threads will be permitted on the subject of “JT vs. ______”, where the blank may be the name of any other paintball gun. This is the Invert forum, so anyone who posts a “Which is better: JTs or _____” thread already knows that they will receive overwhelming support for the JT. Thus, any such thread is a pointless waste of site bandwidth and will be closed or deleted, and the offending user will be warned. The one exception to this rule is threads which pit one “model” of JT against another. Since these threads are not inherently biased toward one side or the other, they will be permitted.
* 4) Advertisements of any sort are not to be posted in the JT forum. This includes any post which attempts to increase business for a specific store, field, “big game” registration, etc. Posts which violate this rule will be edited or deleted at the discretion of the moderators. The exception to this rule is threads in which the thread starter has solicited a response, ie "Where can I get the cheapest _____?". In these cases it is permissible to respond with "Store X has them for $xxx".
* 5) The posting of any material which could be considered offensive is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to pornography, graphic violence, and any material which may be construed as illegal in any way (Warez and other file download sites, for example). PBNation is a cleanliness-oriented website and it will remain so. Any posts which violate this rule will be immediately deleted, and the offending user will be warned or banned at the discretion of the moderators.
* 6) We have a swear filter for a reason. Cheating the swear filter will result in a ban.
* 7) Do not post in all caps, as it is generally considered to be “yelling” on the internet. Besides, it’s harder on the eyes and accomplishes nothing. First offenders will be warned; repeat offenders may be subject to disciplinary action at the discretion of the moderators.
* 8) When posting a new thread, the title must be representative of the thread’s content. In other words, a thread’s title should inform other users of the topic therein WITHOUT them having to actually enter the thread. Instead of titling your thread “got a question about my Invert”, be specific: “Question about leaking valve”, “Need help deciding what rear cocking kit to buy”, etc. Since the other users are here to help you, try to make it easier on them.
* 9) Threads directed toward one person will be deleted immediately. That’s why we have Private Messaging. This rule also applies to personal grudges which show up repeatedly in a user’s posts; such a user will be warned and then banned.
* 10) Try to make sure your post will add something worthwhile to the discussion at hand. If all you can say is “yeah” or “that sucks”, then you aren’t contributing any worthwhile information to the community. Remember, in an internet forum all you have to go by is your reputation, and if you don’t contribute, no one will think anything of you.
* 11) Before posting a new thread, try using the “search” function of the website. We understand that sometimes you won’t be able to find the answers to your Question, and in that case we welcome you to post a new thread. However, many times people post threads that are re-posted almost every day. Sometimes there are even multiple threads on the same topic that are on the front page at the same time! That is simply unacceptable, as it unnecessarily sucks up site bandwidth. Once you’ve determined that the search function isn’t helping, put a little note in your new thread to let people know you already tried searching; that way they’ll be more eager to spend time helping you out.
* 12) Do not revive “dead” threads. That means, if a thread hasn’t gotten a reply in over a month or is more than 10 pages back from the main “current threads” page, you generally should not post in it and bring it back to the top. We obviously didn’t care enough about it to keep it going then; we still don’t care so don’t bring it back. We realize that there may be occasional exceptions to this rule but they are uncommon. Most dead thread revivals will result in a warning and then a ban for repeat offenders.
* 13) The Golden Rule applies. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Be generally respectful of all the other users here. If you have a problem with someone, just ignore them instead of burdening the rest of the community with your squabbles.
* 14) If you see a violation of these rules occurring, please do not attempt to correct the offender yourself in any way. That’s why moderators exist. Simply use the “Report the Post” function to alert the moderators of the nature of the infraction, and they will handle the situation in a method they deem appropriate. When six users jump on another user for an infraction, all it does is send the thread down the tubes and cause general disruption. Let the moderators do the dirty work.
* 15) All decisions rest with and are made by the moderators of the JT forum and the staff of PBNation in general. All decisions made by moderators are final and non-negotiable. Moderators may interpret these rules as they see fit and may act on those interpretations. If you feel you have been disciplined unjustly, send a respectful PM to one of the moderators and we will explain to you why actions were taken. Threats or arguments with the moderators will result in further and more severe actions.
* 16) No "price my gun" or "is this trade worth it" or "is this gun worth X $" threads will be allowed from now on. If you want an appraisal of your gun, or anothers or a trade, go to the B/S/T forums and look for similar setups that other people sold/traded.
* 17) No "upping" will be permitted. If no one responded to your thread, that means they didn't want to. Upping simply perpetuates a thread that will not be answered. Anyone upping their own thread will have it closed.
* 18) The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) thread is here for all to use. It is designed to keep certain Questions from clogging the forum when they are asked day after day. It is expected that all users of the Invert forum have read the FAQ. Any thread which poses a Question that could have been answered by reading the FAQ will be closed immediately.
* 19) Threads that ask what upgrades should be purchased are no longer allowed, please read the stuck thread on upgrades. The Questions on upgrades can only really be answered by the marker owner. If you need to ask this Question, ask yourself "what do I like the least about my marker?" and go from there.
* 20) Pictures of your gun should be put into the picture thread. Exceptions are only for markers with something very special/unusual about them. It's at the moderators discretion. Threads with pictures which should have been put into the picture thread will be deleted.
* 21) Posts in the Official Pic Thread or Action Pic Thread should consist only of pictures of your marker. Any user posting text or non-JT pictures in the thread will receive a temporary ban.
These rules take effect immediately. All threads which were in existence prior to the posting of these new unified rules will be grandfathered in, but any thread created after the introduction of these rules or brought to our attention by being on the first page is completely subject to them and ignorance of these rules will not be tolerated as an excuse for non-compliance. Thank you all for your cooperation and enjoy the Nation.
Please note that the rules apply to all gear, not just specifically to guns!
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off