Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 03-21-2010, 10:43 PM #1
RobertK

East TN: House Mnt. Scenario Paintball Campout Game - May 21st-23rd

House Mountain Scenario Paintball Campout Game

DATE CHANGED: May 21st-23rd.

Due to some previously unforeseen scheduling conflicts for a majority of our regular players the date has been changed. Hopefully this will free up some of the guys playing at Hiatt's the weekend before.

Friday afternoon is when we will be setting up camp and maybe playing some scrimmage games or 1 v. 1 / 2 v. 2 etc. and then maybe a night game or two that evening. Saturday will be the main scenario game day and will also include some dusk and night games. Sunday morning we generally just pack up and go home. Camping out is optional, you can camp out Friday – Sunday or Saturday / Sunday, just bring your gear if you want to or if you would rather just play on Saturday that’s fine too. Everyone will be camping out at the same site this time so everyone can freely fraternize with each other in the evenings.

Those camping out Friday – Sunday can show up any time after 2pm Friday. Those playing just Saturday are expected to show up around 8am to check in and game play will start at 10am.

*Game Format*

To those who played the last scenario camp out game, this go around we’re not going to be so extreme with the team separation and score keeping like we tried last time. Our plan is to try to mix and match teams up as evenly as possible and possibly switch things up half way through the game so everyone gets a chance to play together and against each other.

All games will be voluntary and we are going to focus more on just having a good time playing paintball than keeping score though we will try to arrange a few longer games where the teams can win some small door prizes.

Most games will be 1hr to 30 minute scenarios with supply refill breaks in between. Some scenarios we’ve played before and some will be new. The key is that each game will have a set start time and will start regardless of who is ready but players can jump in once they are. (Sorry guys, when you have 20-30 people it’s just too much for everyone to have to wait 15 minutes for 1 player to fix their gun.)

Also, we are going to work hard to make night play a little easier by lighting up key areas of the field.

*Paint & Air*

We have a portable HPA and CO2 station now that we will keep at the field entrance for faster refills and much easier access.

We have a chrono station now and expect all players to chrono their guns to no more than 300fps. This will be checked by one of the game organizers before you enter the game.

This game is BYOP (Bring your own paint). We just ask that you avoid bringing super cheap paint that can hurt people (i.e. JT Monster). If you’re not sure the paint you are bringing is ok just email me and I will let you know.

We will try to bring a few extra cases of decent paint just in case but since BEAST Paint is no longer in business we can no longer get bulk pricing on paint. Expect extra cases to cost between $45-$60 depending on brand and if we can score a discount from a vendor.

*Food & Drinks*

Bring your own food and drinks. Be sure to bring plenty of water. Alcohol is not prohibited by the land owner BUT we do not allow drinking before or during a game. Illegal drugs are MOST DEFINITELY PROHIBITED. If it is obvious that you are under the influence of either before or during a game you will be asked to leave the field. There is plenty of time AFTER the night games to share a few beers and bar stories around the campfire.

Please be respectful of the land and pickup after yourself and take your trash with you. We ask that you DO NOT burn plastic and Styrofoam in the campfire while people are trying to prepare their food or sitting close to the campfire.

*Rules*

ALL PLAYERS MUST SIGN A LIABILITY RELEASE WAIVER! If you have already signed one please let me know when you arrive so I can confirm.

Teams will be Red vs. Blue. Instead of colored tape we will have red and blue Velcro straps you are required to wear one on each arm with nothing to conceal them.

All body hits will count head to toe. We will hold a group vote to see if guns hits will be counted.

*Safety*

We are really going to do our best to nail down the safety rules. Though this is a backwoods scenario game we still need to observe safety no different than if we were at a professional field.

Wear your mask on the field at ALL TIMES.

Barrel Bags & Safeties are expected to be on all guns when you are not on the playing field. The only shooting permitted off the field will be at the chrono table.

Intentionally excessive shooting will result in a 2 for 1.

10ft rule applies. If you get within 10ft of a player from the opposite team they are out. Sorry guys, No Bunkering.

Please try to keep the language and general game play clean on the field.

We will have a handful of volunteer refs that will rotate for each game and they will enforce the game rules on and off the field.

*Fees*

If you are camping out we just ask you chip in $10 to help cover the field supplies and port pottie rental.

Air Fee = $20 (Unlimited HPA or CO2 Fri. & Sat.) / $10 Saturday Only

Bringing your own paint & air and only playing Saturday? We’re just asking you to chip in a measly $5 to cover field supplies and port pottie rental.

At the very most you will be out $30 + paint.

*Registration*

If you are interested in playing please PM me or shoot me an email at rkadunce@comcast.net and let me know if you plan on camping out or just playing on Saturday. Also, please let me know how many people you are bringing if they/you will require HPA or CO2 so we can gauge how many tanks we need to rent out. You don’t have to pay up until you show up to play.

If you have any other questions about the game please let me know. If it starts to look like mother nature is going to give us a hard time we will do our best to coordinate a new date with everyone.

*Location*

20+ Acres in Corryton, TN

The landowner is private. Please PM me for location details.

Sorry if this already coincides with another game somewhere else but we honestly can't coordinate with every game at every field within 100 mile radius. It is what it is.

Here's some pics from the last Sun. game we had in November.

Last edited by RobertK : 04-08-2010 at 08:10 PM.
RobertK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2010, 08:11 PM #2
RobertK

Date Changed - See Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:23 AM #3
RobertK

Two weeks away.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:09 PM #4
lit-up
hows my balls taste?

lit-up donated to help Peyton Trent
sounds like fun where is this exactly??
Old 05-16-2010, 10:13 PM #5
Jystor

Corryton TN, its close to Knoxville.
Jystor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:46 PM #6
RobertK

Anyone interested can just shoot me a PM or email at rkadunce@comcast.net for field address and directions.
ReplyRegional Ups