Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-25-2001, 07:27 PM #1
shecht
Kiss my A$$

has been a member for 10 years
Talking Attempting Warp Feed

I picked up a ProTeam Warp Feed today I am going to try it on my Excalibur (leXXXus) this weekend! Anybody have any input or experience trying this yet?

Thanks,
Steven Hecht
Team Lost Souls
All American Paintball Park
殺死機構
-Killing Machine-
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-29-2001, 10:16 AM #2
shecht
Kiss my A$$

Unhappy

well I did it. I tested it very briefly on Sunday and took it off my gun almost as quick. Though the Warp Feed did what it was suppose to, I was not at all comfortable with the weight, or being restricted to one hand the whole game, also, the feed tube interferred with my sight/vision.

Anyone want to buy a Warp Feed?
殺死機構
-Killing Machine-
Old 05-29-2001, 11:48 AM #3
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

TheFauxKing is a Supporting Member
Seems to me that you should have given the device of a bit more a chance than that. In fact, after having talked to Tom at AGD, he said that it's only fair that someone spend a couple weekends or more with it before making up their mind... that's basically due to the fact that the balance and weight *are* different, and there are some changes that need to be made to the way one shoots. If shouldered properly, you can shoot "lefty" on any gun without actually having to switch hands... you're evidently not aware of or proficient with that yet. I have taken the time to get profient with that, and I'll never go back to switching my hands.

I know it's a personal preference thing, but I sincerely do not believe you took the time to adjust to the new setup and allow yourself to discover if the benefits outweighed the very simple to overcome reasons you gave for not liking it.

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
AVISO: No coloca en la boca ni recto
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We donít really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)
Old 05-29-2001, 12:09 PM #4
shecht
Kiss my A$$

You are definitely right, I didn't give it enough time to adjust, but time is definitely an issue. We are usually playing tournies, but the rare occasion we get to practice, its usually scrimmaging against other teams, so I have to choose on which I want to focus my attention, my playing skills or new gun handling techniques. Right now, playing skills is more important to me.

The other thing I mentioned that I didn't care much for is the way the feed tube interferes with your line of sight. I am night putting the Warp Feed down, I'm just saying that my first experiences were not very good, if I can't sell it, maybe I will try it again, when I have the time, but for now I'll go back to my revy or maybe try the new Ricochett or Halo.
殺死機構
-Killing Machine-
Old 05-29-2001, 01:57 PM #5
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

TheFauxKing is a Supporting Member
Well, either way, the babe in your avatar keeps looking better and better, dude!

Personally, I'd recommend holding on to the Warp and trying again after this season slows down (November~January) I'm not sure how you had the thing set up, but it *should* be far less visually obstrusive than a bigass hopper on top. I'm going about having it installed one gun at a time and doing my primary gun (my Angel) last.

Good luck with your tourneys this season, man.

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
AVISO: No coloca en la boca ni recto
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We donít really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)