PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 AM #232
iheartmurder
I'm in your kitchen...

A+!
for some reason this new format fits my iPhone better!
I like it!!!

iheartmurder Shoots for KPS
STOP OVERCHARGING FOR JAILBROKEN IPOD TOUCHES AND IPHONES!!!
WANT YOUR DEVICE JAILBROKEN FOR FREE? PM ME!!!

FOR SALE:
***2 Nintendo Wii's***
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 AM #233
DFSniper
10 years and counting!

has been a member for 10 years
DFSniper donated to help Peyton Trent
DFSniper helped look for balloons
half the time when i go to visit this site from my phone, i have a big white block from the square ad taking up the screen.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:02 AM #234
darkstar286
show me the kitties

darkstar286 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFSniper View Post
half the time when i go to visit this site from my phone, i have a big white block from the square ad taking up the screen.
probably because it's flash.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:42 PM #235
H3rEye51nRoam
GWC #29

H3rEye51nRoam donated to help Peyton Trent
H3rEye51nRoam supports Bob Gurnsey
Please take the following words for what they are worth for I am not a portion of the "great silent majority".

Aside from the desire to have the ability to disable the Paintball News and Community Focus panels, I am highly receptive of the new layout. Great job bringing order to the GUI, especially by handling horizontal scroll issues.

However, I miss the times when our ad base catered to the focuses of PbNation. I enjoyed browsing the ads as quick and effective means of learning of new products, sales, or events as if it was a Sunday ads section. This is no longer the case.

With the recent transition, it saddens me to see that I am now forced to tolerate the run of the mill ads I am bombarded with and attempt to escape elsewhere. I can tolerate and overlook the ponzi scheme ads, referral scheme ads, "Consumer Alerts" ads, and other questionable ads that are commonly found on questionable websites. As offensive as I find them, I can even tolerate the "666" ads forcing the Bible upon myself to a slight extent. This aside, I cringe each time "Congratulations, you have won!" is publicly announced through my machine.

I understand the necessity of advertisements, especially in the generation of funds to manage such an incredible forum. However, please take into consideration the material advertised. I now mute my machine as I browse in fear of what will pop up next on PbNation. I'd hate to see these ads grow even more questionable and offensive or, worse yet, turn into content that is not safe for work. It'd be a shame to see the ad base reach a level at which it hinders traffic.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:45 PM #236
Laius
OBEY THE MAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3rEye51nRoam View Post
Please take the following words for what they are worth for I am not a portion of the "great silent majority".

Aside from the desire to have the ability to disable the Paintball News and Community Focus panels, I am highly receptive of the new layout. Great job bringing order to the GUI, especially by handling horizontal scroll issues.

However, I miss the times when our ad base catered to the focuses of PbNation. I enjoyed browsing the ads as quick and effective means of learning of new products, sales, or events as if it was a Sunday ads section. This is no longer the case.

With the recent transition, it saddens me to see that I am now forced to tolerate the run of the mill ads I am bombarded with and attempt to escape elsewhere. I can tolerate and overlook the ponzi scheme ads, referral scheme ads, "Consumer Alerts" ads, and other questionable ads that are commonly found on questionable websites. As offensive as I find them, I can even tolerate the "666" ads forcing the Bible upon myself to a slight extent. This aside, I cringe each time "Congratulations, you have won!" is publicly announced through my machine.

I understand the necessity of advertisements, especially in the generation of funds to manage such an incredible forum. However, please take into consideration the material advertised. I now mute my machine as I browse in fear of what will pop up next on PbNation. I'd hate to see these ads grow even more questionable and offensive or, worse yet, turn into content that is not safe for work. It'd be a shame to see the ad base reach a level at which it hinders traffic.
It's a shame that you take the time to write all of that and it's just going to get deleted.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:08 PM #237
element34575
b r o p

element34575 is playing at Living Legends III
element34575 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
element34575 supports Team VICIOUS
element34575 is for the Gunfight
lol our posts got deleted^
Old 05-08-2010, 02:15 PM #238
Laius
OBEY THE MAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by element34575 View Post
lol our posts got deleted^
Color me surprised, eh? I mean, if my brief, friendly exchange with kyle a couple pages back in which I agreed with some of his points got deleted, I have no chance of having my posts stay put as this thread continues.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:58 PM #239
Lil Roundhouse
Actually Jan '06

Lil Roundhouse plays in the PSP
Lil Roundhouse supports Cereal Killerz 2
Lil Roundhouse is an NCPA player
I dont know where else to put it but PLEASE take away the talking ad(s). They are horribly annoying and make me want to stop coming to any site that has them

ByF8th D2
RIP 23 :(
Old 05-08-2010, 05:12 PM #240
darkstar286
show me the kitties

They have been deleting posts about removing the ads, not just talking about them. I doubt his post will get deleted. (I doubt they will listen to it, either...)
Old 05-08-2010, 05:34 PM #241
Laius
OBEY THE MAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar286 View Post
They have been deleting posts about removing the ads, not just talking about them. I doubt his post will get deleted. (I doubt they will listen to it, either...)
He's talking about removing the talking ads.

RUN AWAY
Old 05-08-2010, 05:55 PM #242
RonniePB
Dream Loud Clothing

Annual Supporting Member
RonniePB plays in the PSP
RonniePB supports Team VICIOUS
RonniePB posts videos on PbNation
RonniePB plays in the APPA D4 division
To be honest, I have been using pbnation less because of the change.

PROVE THEM WRONG.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:58 PM #243
darkstar286
show me the kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laius View Post
He's talking about removing the talking ads.

RUN AWAY
Ahhhhh!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:17 PM #244
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3rEye51nRoam View Post

We've never allowed talking ads, popups, popunders, ads for male enhancement junk, religious ads, etc. The quicker we're able to identify what ad network they're coming from (with your help) the quicker we can turn them off. The ad networks don't always adhere to our wishes and sometimes sneak those annoying ads in there, and it takes us a while to track them down and get them shut off.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:10 PM #245
76Chance
i70Paintball.com

76Chance plays in the PSP
76Chance donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonniePB View Post
I second this

NOTICE: Your Ebay Feedback doesn't mean **** on PBNation!
Old 05-08-2010, 11:39 PM #246
Chuwbi
1 L()V3 P8n7|34ll

Chuwbi plays in the APPA D4 division
i liked the other pbnation
Old 05-09-2010, 01:57 AM #247
Tracker
Demigod

Tracker is a founding member
Tracker helped look for balloons
Tracker has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
yes, i have noticed something, the new banners piss my anti virus off something fierce

my anti virus (AntiVir) keeps popping alot of the banners for having HTML/infected.webpage.gen HTML webpage script virus

its usually the AT&T banners

Tracker
Old 05-09-2010, 09:47 AM #248
H3rEye51nRoam
GWC #29

H3rEye51nRoam donated to help Peyton Trent
H3rEye51nRoam supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
We've never allowed talking ads, popups, popunders, ads for male enhancement junk, religious ads, etc. The quicker we're able to identify what ad network they're coming from (with your help) the quicker we can turn them off. The ad networks don't always adhere to our wishes and sometimes sneak those annoying ads in there, and it takes us a while to track them down and get them shut off.
Thanks for shedding light on the issue. Please let me know what information I can help provide you with to bring it to a stop.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:26 PM #249
aust10n
I really need ... to kill

I will probably no longer use PBn.
The simple easy look of the nation is gone, so I'm gone with it.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:59 PM #250
aznINVazn808
school sucks...

aznINVazn808 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonniePB View Post

ive been on like once this week because of it
i used to be on like every day

"The best mode on a smarts parts gun is off." - tipp98chopshop

It seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, tits, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team...
Old 05-09-2010, 08:15 PM #251
Јon

I've been coming here less and less since ST sucks and there's only really two discussion threads I frequent.
What drives me away more than anything though is the seeming lack of interest and dismissal concerning the complaints every time they change something on the site.

The Staff keeps it professional in announcing it, but when the *****ing starts pouring in they always give off the "It's not that bad, and we're making more money this way, so get used to it" vibe when responding.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:54 AM #252
komikaze

Has there always been ads at the bottom of the pages???????

WTB Angel A1 Fly, AR;K, A1 fly'd, Small Bore kit, Critical/Cobra Trigger, Tactical Stock & Apex barrel, PM me!
Closed Thread