Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-02-2010, 11:52 AM #1
THEROOSTERSHOW

Which hopper for an Etek 3 LT?

So, I am relatively new to paintball. I don't play tournaments or anything like that yet, but I play basically every weekend. I have 2 Angel paintball guns which many of you guys helped me out with in the "New Player Help" section, and the hopper I use with my ir3 is an old Viewloader Egg.

But, my dad told me to pick a gun I really liked and wanted that wasn't extremely expensive. So, I decided I wanted an Etek 3 LT. I don't really know a lot about hoppers though. I know the Velocity Jr. is pretty good, and I heard the Dye Rotor was pretty good. So what is a hopper that isn't crazy expensive that would work great with an Etek 3?
THEROOSTERSHOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2010, 12:16 PM #2
Dawn_of_Man (Banned)

torque
Dawn_of_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:17 PM #3
paperchasin

paperchasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
need to know your exact budget....but i'd personally try to get a prophecy or a rotor.
paperchasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 PM #4
THEROOSTERSHOW

Well, I am not quite sure about my budget. I would like to stay around $100 i guess.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 PM #5
paperchasin

paperchasin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROOSTERSHOW View Post
Well, I am not quite sure about my budget. I would like to stay around $100 i guess.
you won't be able to get a new rotor for $100, but you can get a new prophecy for $100. Or if you decide you want a rotor, you can get a used one for $100. I have both and they are great hoppers. Easy on/off switch/button.
paperchasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:01 PM #6
THEROOSTERSHOW

Thanks guys, I will look into the prophecy then.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:48 PM #7
Rawrx
**** BRAD

you should try the pinokio. it can hold 250 or 400 paintballs. you can pick them up new for $110 on ansgear.com. they don't jam ever, they feed 30+ balls a second stock, they weigh 1 pound with the 400 round nose and they dont break.
Rawrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:37 PM #8
JSkew113

JSkew113 is BST Trusted
JSkew113 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JSkew113 supports Team VICIOUS
halo, reloaderb, pinokio, prophecy, rotor, eggy, VLocity Jr

anyone of those will work well, just depends on what features you want

WTB Clean Racing Strap
Bring me a Trunk
JSkew113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:43 PM #9
THEROOSTERSHOW

I was looking at the Pinokio on Youtube and it looks pretty cool. I may try to get one of those.

Also, how much would a speed feed cost? Not much right? My friend had an Empire B or somethin like that, he had a speed feed and it just sounds like a good thing to have.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 PM #10
empire1122 (Banned)

empire1122 is playing at Living Legends III
empire1122 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
empire1122 supports Team VICIOUS
empire1122 is for the Gunfight
empire1122 posts videos on PbNation
empire1122 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I have a prophecy and an LT and it works so well that I don't want a rotor. It will not popcorn or jam and will feed easily fast enough for the etek 3. Rotors always have trouble getting the last few balls out and also don't hold much at all. The hopper looks cool and all, but its capabilities and reliability are not nearly as good as the proph Not to mention they're heavier, the anti jam is unreliable, and don't have an easy access to torque settings. The prophecy is definitely your best bet. Dont get the prophecy speedfeed. It's a cool feature and all, Ive had one, but keeping the gun up and holding down the tape is a lot harder when youre trying to get paint through a speedfeed. Not to mention, the magnet clutch and lid work very well.

Pinokios are nice too. Only thing is they sit a little wierd on my etek. The weight balance is fine, its just the profile that bugs me

Last edited by empire1122 : 05-02-2010 at 06:53 PM.
empire1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:06 PM #11
THEROOSTERSHOW

Yeah, I have pretty much ruled out the Rotor. It is a little too costly for me, and I have been looking at the Prophecy and the Pinokio. I watched some videos and the Pinokio and Prophecy look about equal. They have their differences, but according to everything I have seen they both work great.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:34 PM #12
02zx9r

02zx9r donated to help Peyton Trent
02zx9r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
02zx9r supports Bob Gurnsey
02zx9r supports our troops
I use a Pinokio on my SP EOS, and now use it on my 08 EGO. Not concerned about the looks, i like performance.
02zx9r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:30 PM #13
OnFive

OnFive is playing at Living Legends III
OnFive owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I got an invert halo too for my lt...
OnFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:45 PM #14
iPaintYou
..needs a better username

Get a used Pinokio. The next time you'll need a hopper is when Pinokio releases a new hopper.
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
iPaintYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 AM #15
JackandBlood

halo b or invert too.
JackandBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:05 PM #16
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
First off, thanks for asking this as I am getting a Etek3 Lt too and my current setup (in sig ) includes a Revy which I don't think will keep up with the Etek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPaintYou View Post
Get a used Pinokio. The next time you'll need a hopper is when Pinokio releases a new hopper.
This answered my question as well. I was between the Pinokio and the Prophecy. Now I am heavily leaning towards the Pinokio.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:39 PM #17
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
a revy should be able to feed 10.5 bps, so it should keep up unless you want to really see how fast your marker can cycle.

Otherwise the kings of the court right now are the rotor and prophecy, and on here, those seem to be the top two at this time.

I use a rotor after my last velocity Jr (xsv chip) died. I am happy as a pig in **** with it.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:27 PM #18
theVicious1

go with the rotor. It looks sexy on the etek3 and is WAY better on batteries than anything else on the market. Literally, you'll make up the difference in price thru lower battery consumption in less than 6 months, depending on how much you play. I've gotten just over 15 cases on the 3 original rayovac AA batteries I put in my rotor when I first got it, and they haven't slowed down at all yet. My vlocity would use two 9volts in a weekend. My reloader b took 2-3 weekends to drain 6 AA batteries.....and neither matched the performance, reliability, or ease of use of the rotor

Also, the rotor is one button, no programming to mess with. Easiest breakdown of all the loaders, faster than sin, and durable beyond belief.

At first I was hesitant to spend $150(!!!) on a loader, but after seeing my teammates in action with them and using it a few times I was sold. The little extra cash pays off big time.

/rant
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:24 PM #19
iPaintYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
go with the rotor. It looks sexy on the etek3 and is WAY better on batteries than anything else on the market. Literally, you'll make up the difference in price thru lower battery consumption in less than 6 months, depending on how much you play. I've gotten just over 15 cases on the 3 original rayovac AA batteries I put in my rotor when I first got it, and they haven't slowed down at all yet. My vlocity would use two 9volts in a weekend. My reloader b took 2-3 weekends to drain 6 AA batteries.....and neither matched the performance, reliability, or ease of use of the rotor

Also, the rotor is one button, no programming to mess with. Easiest breakdown of all the loaders, faster than sin, and durable beyond belief.

At first I was hesitant to spend $150(!!!) on a loader, but after seeing my teammates in action with them and using it a few times I was sold. The little extra cash pays off big time.

/rant
Pinokio: 25 Cases, One button, Never breaks even if you don't want to take care of it, don't have to take whole loader apart to get to batteries, longer motor life, as light if not lighter, potential to hold more, also very durable, etc.

I honestly don't see why everyone doesn't own a Pinokio.
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:17 PM #20
THEROOSTERSHOW

Well, I was on ansgear.com 2 nights ago looking at hoppers and I bought a Pinokio. Thanks for everybody's feedback.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:06 PM #21
iPaintYou

Good choice
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.