PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-23-2010, 12:20 PM #22
Mephysteaux
Pronounced Meh-Fist-Oh

Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Mephysteaux owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The problem I see with a down range chrono is that you're not necessarily going to be able to get the ball in the area where it can read every time. Like, I remember shooting crappy paint on a rainy day one game, and my shots probably had about a 15 foot spread, they were hooking in every which direction. Getting your shots to reliably go through the 3"x3" are you'd need it to for the chrono to read it would be kind of difficult, and I think discounting the shots that don't do that may throw your results.

Hellkatz present: Blues Brothers - May 11, 2013 - LVP South, Hatfield PA

Join Fitocracy, the free online social fitness game.
Mephysteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2010, 08:02 PM #23
CNCRouterman

Good information. I am not sure of my chrono's window, but I believe it is a good bit larger than 3" x 3". Only testing will confirm that.

I envision placing the second chrono far enough down range to be able to discern significant velocity changes, but not necessarily at 120' down range. I did know that PBs do not track all that well, that was one of the highlights of this discussion. I do NOT know to what extent they wander, nor what to expect for group dispersion.

As for getting two data points per shot, that may not be a reasonable expectation. I do think that getting two data points for SOME shots (at some logical mid range for the second chrono) is somewhat reasonable to expect. The cases where two data points are recorded, even if the exception, should still provide very useful check points, something like inspecting random samples of a manufacturing process looking for trends in deviation.

For this experiment, those golden PBs that yield two data points will help confirm initial FPS base line numbers during the test series, as well as a definitive delta V, one of the prime questions the experiment is designed to answer.

TWA 2341: "Center, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

Tower: "Sir, have you ever heard the noise a 747 makes when it hits a 727?"
CNCRouterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:25 PM #24
Homelessballerz
Will work 4 paintballs

Homelessballerz supports Pev's Paintball
although apex requires upward energy, perhaps the spin sheds air better? Just a thought.
Homelessballerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:31 PM #25
kalebach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BtBrawler View Post
SO I have a TM15. I wanna put an apex on it. I have the piece but the adaptor is a JJ and it doesn't fit. It has to be the barrel that's on there. What should I do?
just get a new barrel and yes u can, ive seen a few ppl at my field with apexs on their tm15s