Community Focus

Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 AM #1
KappY!

KappY! supports Team VICIOUS
KappY! has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
KappY! is attending Decay of Nations VI
Gun won't fire...

I am a little new to the Epiphany. My brother purchased one a while back, and has only had the chance to use it a few times. We went to the field near us on Friday, and had problems with it all day.

First things first. The last time I personally used the marker, it shot fine. Did the standard greasing up of parts, and reassembled afterwards, and the marker shot fine.

I am assuming the operating pressure of the Epiphany is 200 psi. But at the field, at 200 psi, the marker wouldn't fire. Trigger pulls registered on the marker's board, and paint was loaded, the marker was gassed up, showing 200 psi, but no firing. As we decreased the velocity to about 150 psi, the marker would shoot, but we only achieved a maximum of about 210 fps (between 200 and 210).

Any ideas on how to fix this? I took the regulator off and nothing is wrong with it, but I am still not able to get up to my field's limit of 275 fps.
KappY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2010, 09:29 PM #2
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im new 2 the epiphs (just got a broken one from a buddy and fixed it) but i do own a shocker and i think it might be the fire chamber insert ur using i could be completly wrong and if someone else has a more definate answer go with theirs..

whats the dwell at??
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:40 AM #3
KappY!

yeah, one of my friends, who owns an ion recommended i look at the dwell. i saw a video on how to check, since the manual for the marker is oh-so-thorough. we will see what happens.
Old 06-05-2010, 01:33 AM #4
dm8cookiecrum

dm8cookiecrum owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dm8cookiecrum owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dm8cookiecrum supports Team VICIOUS
dm8cookiecrum supports Pev's Paintball
I would try changing the battery. Sometimes the battery can turn the gun on where it lights up, but there is not enough battery to shoot the paintball. This happened to me and i asked the tech and he said try a new battery and it worked.
dm8cookiecrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:07 PM #5
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by KappY! View Post
yeah, one of my friends, who owns an ion recommended i look at the dwell. i saw a video on how to check, since the manual for the marker is oh-so-thorough. we will see what happens.
so true.. sp manuals have much to be desired.. its basically, here it is so you cant say we didnt give you a manual and bug us on tech support...
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 07:02 PM #6
smartparts1991 (Banned)
KISS Army!

one time this happened to me, a technicion told me it was due to the reg being over pressurized, he took a ball and loaded it into the breach and turned the eye on, the marker fired the ball and then he took the wrench and turned down the velocity screw thingy, after that he had to do something with the dwell.
smartparts1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 PM #7
KappY!

Yeah, messing with just the dwell didn't change anything. Still only operates at a psi lower than 140... once it hits 140, it doesn't fire. It is possible my reg is over-pressurized, the SP reg is a piece of crap. My original thought was that I needed to replace the reg, my second guess is that one of the hoses inside the marker was either too tight or too lose... but yeah, marker still screws up.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:13 AM #8
smartparts1991 (Banned)
KISS Army!

My epiphany's hose was leaking a few years ago, so I got a switchblade and a hair dryer, I heated up the hose with the hair dryer and carefully sliced it from the piston thingy that it goes onto. Then I took a spare epiphany hose, heated up the end of the hose with a hair dryer and pushed onto the piston.

It was the big long hose on the solenoid.
smartparts1991 is offline   Reply With Quote