Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 09:42 AM #1
Xillerin
 
 
Xillerin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Florida
Need help with buying the right gear

I just bought a new BT TM-7 and I want to get a remote and a good 4+1 Harness Ammo Pack. The problem is that I have no idea what brands I should buy because I just started playing. Also, are there any upgrades that I should do immediately on the Marker? Please give me your opinions so I can make a informed decision. Thank you.
Xillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2010, 09:49 AM #2
pdxp8ntballer
TBS 4 LIFE
 
pdxp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland Oregon
pdxp8ntballer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
If you are running a remote with that TM-7 I would go with a vest of some type, I have an older spec-ops vest that I wear occasionally that is great for running a remote. it hold a tank high up on the back and holds 6 pods and has numerous pockets in the front and will also hold a water bladder. I would personally look into a vest option. Get a remote with a slide check so you can pull the line off the gun without turning off the tank, or you can get a fill whip for easy fills. Will you be shooting HPA or co2?
__________________
Bruno is my name, 13 is my number
TBS: the number 1 name in paintball
WCPS: TBS Pump
WCPS woodsball: TBS team 1
pdxp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:54 AM #3
Xillerin
 
 
Xillerin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxp8ntballer View Post
If you are running a remote with that TM-7 I would go with a vest of some type, I have an older spec-ops vest that I wear occasionally that is great for running a remote. it hold a tank high up on the back and holds 6 pods and has numerous pockets in the front and will also hold a water bladder. I would personally look into a vest option. Get a remote with a slide check so you can pull the line off the gun without turning off the tank, or you can get a fill whip for easy fills. Will you be shooting HPA or co2?
The TM-7 is HPA only (I believe). Is there any specific brand of remote and vest that I should go with or are they all pretty much the same?
Xillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 AM #4
BrainEmindless
 
 
BrainEmindless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Durham
BrainEmindless plays in the APPA D5 division
When I play in the woods with a heavy load-out I use Spec Ops vest with a HPA tank on my back as well. I am really liking the Valken V-tac gear. You may want to check out their vests as well. I found that for rec-ball (woodsall <20min games) I prefer to use a 3+4 pod pack (I like my Valken pack) and mount the tank on the marker. I like the Ninja tank and air accessories.
__________________
Vegetarian? I eat vegetarians...


Looking for a new "home" field
BrainEmindless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:26 PM #5
plushdragon
 
 
plushdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
 has been a member for 10 years
plushdragon helped look for balloons
if you have a local shop near you i would walk in and try a few pod belts and vests. all of them have good points and bad points. it going to come down to how the belt or vest fits on you and how you play. some people dont like remote lines because in woods games the can be snagged from tree branches and bushes. on pod belts some people dont like tank on there back becuase it can cuase the belt to sag/fall down durning play or with a lot of weight the velcro cant stay closed and the belt pops off durning a game. to get the feel of a pod belt find and old sheet and a one litter bottle of warm soda and duck tap the bottle to the middle of the sheet. then take the sheet and tie it to your back.
__________________
Does an ursine quadruped void wastes in an arboreal environment?
plushdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:35 PM #6
Xillerin
 
 
Xillerin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by plushdragon View Post
if you have a local shop near you i would walk in and try a few pod belts and vests. all of them have good points and bad points. it going to come down to how the belt or vest fits on you and how you play. some people dont like remote lines because in woods games the can be snagged from tree branches and bushes. on pod belts some people dont like tank on there back becuase it can cuase the belt to sag/fall down durning play or with a lot of weight the velcro cant stay closed and the belt pops off durning a game. to get the feel of a pod belt find and old sheet and a one litter bottle of warm soda and duck tap the bottle to the middle of the sheet. then take the sheet and tie it to your back.
I never thought about the remote line snagging before, not to mention the extra weight on my back. Good points! I live about 10 min. from Wayne's World of paintball and it's mostly woods (though they do have a speed ball area). Maybe I will stick with having the tank on the marker for now.
Xillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:57 PM #7
chaka
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
just get a pod pack that can hold a tank thats what i use. I also have a tm7 with remote line. and having the line get snagged on something is probsas likely as you being struck by lightning twice living through it then winning the lottery. i also run a rotor on it. the best upgrade you can buy is a remote line theres also a mrt bolt by techt but i would suggest an apex barrel.
chaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 PM #8
Xillerin
 
 
Xillerin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Central Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaka View Post
having the line get snagged on something is probsas likely as you being struck by lightning twice living through it then winning the lottery.
LOL I can't figure out if that would be a good day or a bad day. Thanks though, maybe I will get a remote after all.
Xillerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 AM #9
pdxp8ntballer
TBS 4 LIFE
 
pdxp8ntballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland Oregon
pdxp8ntballer owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xillerin View Post
The TM-7 is HPA only (I believe). Is there any specific brand of remote and vest that I should go with or are they all pretty much the same?
remotes a pretty much the same, as for a vest, the spec-ops brand or w/e they are calling it now is a quality brand and their stuff is made really well. I have had mine for years and only shows a little wear here and there. i would recommend getting a fill whip if you decide to run your tank on your back. It will connect to the fill nipple on your tank and run to the front of your vest for super easy fills, basically you wont have to either have help filling or remove the vest or tank to get filled. Good luck and have fun !
__________________
Bruno is my name, 13 is my number
TBS: the number 1 name in paintball
WCPS: TBS Pump
WCPS woodsball: TBS team 1
pdxp8ntballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump