PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-04-2010, 12:04 PM #1
dartguy43

has been a member for 10 years
pgp2 springs

Hi guys,
I have a pgp2 that the velocity is low on. I have cleaned it, replaced orings etc., checked for leaks and it still is low velocity. I have also checked for rollouts and (did the nail polish detent). I have now determined that it must be the springs. My question is what springs work. It was mentioned to me that Autococker springs work. Is this true? If not which ones do?
Thanks.
dartguy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2010, 07:31 AM #2
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Sadly, I don't think autococker springs work in the PGP. Sheridan hammers move only a fraction of of what a 'cocker's travel, so the mainsprings at least are shorter, thicker, and stronger.

Palmer's has what you need, but they charge a fortune for shipping so you might want to try your local hardware store first and find a similar spring that will work. Places like Ace hardware often have a surprisingly extensive variety of springs of different sizes and strengths, so there's a good chance you'll find what you need.
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/i...ort=20a&page=3
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:08 PM #3
cfos00

Maddman springs in the valve work. Try the yellow one. Might want to clip one loop off, but check first. Don't mess with the main spring.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 AM #4
dartguy43

has been a member for 10 years
thanks for the replies guys. I have some maddmann springs around I will try the yellow in the valve. I am going to try the local hardware store later and see what they have for springs for the main spring.
dartguy43 is offline   Reply With Quote