Community Focus

Old 06-01-2010, 10:39 PM #106
cameron122000
*714*

cameron122000 helped look for balloons
cameron122000 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHaze420 View Post
This game seems very interesting but every time I give it a shot I get lost. I go through the tutorial but still have trouble figuring out exactly what I'm supposed to be doing.
That's the thing. There's really not anything that you're supposed to be doing other than training skills. Everything else you do in-game is up to you.

ST:Tech - waitwut.
cameron122000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 PM #107
Stealthgerbil
GERBIL

has been a member for 10 years
And contrary to what the highsec dwellers thing, you dont need a year of training to be good at PVP. For instance, from starting a new character it takes 3-4 months to train into a vagabond, which is a decent PVP ship. And in those 3-4 months, you will slowly become good at flying any of the T1 crusiers and the minmatar battlecruisers, because they all use the basic cruiser skills which you need for a HAC.

Also with PVP, a lot of times just your presence alone is helpful. A lot of times, people wont be close enough to land a tackle or will be more hesitant to engage because there are more of your guys in local, regardless of what you are flying...

And to train into a BS, it takes roughly 35 days from character creation to fly a raven decently enough to belt rat in 0.0! edit: and you will be able to fly any of the t1 caldari ships decently, such as the drake, caracal, and blackbird!

A lot of this game does involve doing PVE stuff in order to PVP so a big part of it is finding ways to make isk while having fun. Production is pretty decent and so is ratting or missioning. A lot of it is finding a good corp of likeminded individuals who share the same ideas of how to have fun.
Stealthgerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:01 AM #108
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Learning to fly a Raven decently enough to do missions/ratting is different than learning to fly a Raven well enough for player combat. If you're counting only the time it takes to train a skill rather than the time it takes to get practice in, you are wrong..

however, he is correct on the PVP training thing, you can literally train enough skills within a week to start PVPing in frigates, and it's all downhill from there. You just have to get over the initial (overwhelming) hump.
JordanJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:29 PM #109
CmaN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Learning to fly a Raven decently enough to do missions/ratting is different than learning to fly a Raven well enough for player combat. If you're counting only the time it takes to train a skill rather than the time it takes to get practice in, you are wrong..

however, he is correct on the PVP training thing, you can literally train enough skills within a week to start PVPing in frigates, and it's all downhill from there. You just have to get over the initial (overwhelming) hump.
The biggest problem that Ive noticed early on in the game is just that there is SO much stuff to train. it can be very difficult to figure out what would be best to train for. It does get easier as you go though.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:19 PM #110
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

bought a hurricane last night.....i have no idea what im going to use it for.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:19 PM #111
Stealthgerbil
GERBIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmaN3 View Post
What the hell did you kill? Who in their right minds would fit a 0.0 ratting ship with faction/officer gear.
It was actually an officer spawn. One NPC dropped all of that....

Also I am buying a cool ship soon. Just need a little more cash and I will have a counterpart to my falcon!
Old 06-02-2010, 10:03 PM #112
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthgerbil View Post
It was actually an officer spawn. One NPC dropped all of that....

Also I am buying a cool ship soon. Just need a little more cash and I will have a counterpart to my falcon!
more isk than sense ^
Old 06-02-2010, 10:59 PM #113
Stealthgerbil
GERBIL

Its only around 1b isk. I cant find the shield extenders for sale either They give the lowest sig increase out of all of the shield extenders. Also this ship will always be paired with a falcon alt!

edit: also that speed is while mwding cloaked, it goes around 2.5km/s normally and 3.5km/s with heat

Last edited by Stealthgerbil : 06-02-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:20 AM #114
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

2min cap life? sucks if you ever get neuted....but 32k HP on a cruiser is pretty rediculous .
Old 06-03-2010, 12:43 AM #115
Stealthgerbil
GERBIL

The goal is to operate out of neut range. With the 30km point, you can operate safely out of heavy neut range, maxing it tough for them to get close and drain you. Plus the ship has 49km falloff with barrage M, so I can easily harass people from a distance. The only ship that could neut me is a curse and I can still use my autocannons on him...

Also with the falcon, they should never target me in the first place.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:20 AM #116
NxtBoy0211

ohhh i found a wormhole from fountain to tenal time to taste some nc carebear tears
NxtBoy0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:50 PM #117
CmaN3

Finally made the move to null this week. Lost my cane with a cargohold full of RF ammo though. It was my fault, I only had like a few jumps through null in friendly territory, and wasnt paying attention. Jumped through and found a drake on the gate, wasnt paying attention and sat there for a minute, then four buddies warped in. I could have made it otherwise, but oh well.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:14 AM #118
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

Anyone else stoked for Planetary stuff? I've got most of the skills trained to 3-4, I'm hoping I can beat other players by having an Advanced command center right off the bat..
Old 06-05-2010, 10:34 PM #119
Stealthgerbil
GERBIL

I got done infiltrating a corp. Between me and a few other guys, we ruined a highsec corps mining op and blew up their orca. Then I shat in their face when i tanked their entire corp fleet (like 5 BCs and a BS) with my drake. Neutral logistics ships are the best!

Edit: Also Cynabals own so much!

Last edited by Stealthgerbil : 06-06-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:51 AM #120
mcion (Banned)

I'm trying to scrape some funds up to get back into this game do we have a corp yet or our own pocket of low sec? Last i left off i had a drake and was running level 4's not sure where its gone since then.
mcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:27 PM #121
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

looks like im going to start training for stealth bombers. our corp is big enough to start doing pvp runs semi-regularly. gotta love our ceo's sense of humor:

"semi-regular pvp fail op:"

"fit a cheap *** frigate or cruiser. were gonna go try and blow some **** up and hope we dont do too bad while havinga few laughs in the process."
Old 06-06-2010, 09:05 PM #122
CmaN3

So after moving to null, I have learned that POS bashing is horribly boring. Only bearable if you can autocycle your guns. I watched a movie while we took out 3 earlier.

Having the other guys warp in like 10 carriers with almost no support against our 150 man fleet is rather hilarious though. Gotta love free carrier KMs.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:01 AM #123
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

one of the guys in our corp has the decoration for stealing an enemy carrier.

had a spy in their corp who knew the password..........he made out with a faction fit carrier.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 AM #124
mcion (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post

had a spy in their corp who knew the password..........he made out with a faction fit carrier.

LULZ! that is epic.
mcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 AM #125
CmaN3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post

Thats awesome. I cant imagine the hate mail he got for it. Probably worth it in the end though.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:31 PM #126
JordanJP
a11 ur sl0th b3l0ng 2 m3

you guys should see some of the hate mail my corpmates and I get.. Suddenly Ninjas ftw