PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2010, 11:30 PM #1
snuffie

Returning to the game

Hello,

I've been out of paintball since about late '05 and decided to return and have some fun again. I was wondering, how out of date am I with my dm4? It still performs the same it did when i last used it, which was great. I was thinking about upgrading to a newer model DM if I make promotion, is it worth it?

Also,

My wife is interested in playing, but she is a little apprehensive after seeing me come home with a couple welts. She would like a chest protector at the minimum and was wondering if theres anywhere to purchase some gear designed for women in mind.
snuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 PM #2
Egoowner42 (Banned)
Blue Devils

Glad to hear that you're going back to the sport! What type of playing do you plan on doing? If your DM is working as good as you say it is then i really don't see much of a reason to upgrade. It's a great gun and probably does what you want it to do.

It's pretty cool that your wife is interesting in playing a quick google search led me to this:
http://ultimatepaintball.com/NXe-Pai...source=froogle

not too bad of a price but layers, a well padded bra, and baggy shirts would probably do about the same. Good luck!
Egoowner42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:49 PM #3
snuffie

i played a lot of recball (mostly speedball) back then with the occassional 3-5 man tourneys at the local field. Right now im just doing recball as i ease myself back into playing, and would like to get back into some tourney play after i leave this island.
snuffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:41 AM #4
ballin v6
HKanada

your dm4 should still work great.

if your thinking about upgrading to the dm9 -dm10 i personally would just stick to the dm4,the dm4 shoots about as good as any other dm. The big difference is the weight.

try poison ivy paintball,they make paintball equipment just for girls
ballin v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:30 PM #5
Benjolip

Benjolip plays in the APPA D4 division
If you refresh your browser a few times there is paintball adds for a newer woman's company for paintball on the top, corner, or side of the web page.

Washington's Premier Indoor Paintball Field!
Benjolip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 PM #6
Kennard_Mafia
Ubi fumus, ibi ignis

Annual Supporting Member
Kennard_Mafia is BST Legit
Kennard_Mafia helped look for balloons
Kennard_Mafia plays in the APPA beginner division
Kennard_Mafia has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
to the OP, if your wife is interested send her over to www.pbwoman.com theyll help to ease her mind and give her some great tips on playing

Kennard_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:18 PM #7
austinre8r

austinre8r plays in the PSP
austinre8r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
austinre8r plays in the APPA D3 division
The planet eclipse ego is where it's at now. they are the most reliable tourney marker on the field and it takes little to no maintenance.
austinre8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:49 PM #8
Kennard_Mafia
Ubi fumus, ibi ignis

Annual Supporting Member
Kennard_Mafia is BST Legit
Kennard_Mafia helped look for balloons
Kennard_Mafia plays in the APPA beginner division
Kennard_Mafia has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
the ego is a british timmy that clacks like a harp seal having sex... get a vice, quieter more efficiant, better gun all around...

Kennard_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:18 PM #9
Sheila49272

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffie View Post

My wife is interested in playing, but she is a little apprehensive after seeing me come home with a couple welts. She would like a chest protector at the minimum and was wondering if theres anywhere to purchase some gear designed for women in mind.
I play with my boyfriend a lot. I found one of the best investments I have made as far as a chest protector goes, is in turtle shells. Turtle shells are basically cups for women. They are plastic inserts that go into a special sports bra. Women who box use them. I figure if they can protect you from a punch, then they can protect you from a few paintballs lol. Here is the link: http://search.store.yahoo.net/cgi-bi...ells&x= 0&y=0

Also there is an awesome thread on her somewhere that is helpful for girls I'll look around for it and post it if I can find it.
Sheila49272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:24 PM #10
Sheila49272

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...o n+for+girls

Here is the thread. It is a really great thread that breaks down everything for girls. I would suggest you have her read it.
Sheila49272 is offline   Reply With Quote