kcnyc

kcnyc supports Cereal Killerz 2
kcnyc donated to help Peyton Trent
kcnyc owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
kcnyc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kcnyc supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
Personally i like using there chamber without the insert, my efficiency is still more than enough to shoot what i can carry and i love how quiet and smooth it shoots with a low operating pressure, and my consistency also has never been better. But its all personal preference, i had issues with noticible increased kick while using an insert or rf rod, to me it wasnt worth the efficiency gain. How-ever each marker is different and im probably more paranoid than most about having the smoothest shot and tightest groupings on the field.
I also value those traits of my Luxe(smoothness and quietness), and I really don't like the increased in kick when the EF rod is in the bolt guide. But with the NDZ adjustable system, you can actually adjust it much easier. And therefore find a better balance in terms of kick vs quiet and smoothness.
kcnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2010, 06:52 PM #23
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by akbrewcrew View Post
So I'm a little confused. If the bolt guide is supposed to remove the large air chamber how is it possible when it's hollow with a whole in the tip? Wouldn't the air still fill that area?
The air will still fill the area in front of the adjustable spacer and the area behind it, considering the spacer is somewhere in the middle of the guide. As far as I can see, the guide doesnt seem adjustable in terms of removing more space the farther you screw it into the guide, but is adjustable because you can move it.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:16 PM #24
VrelicV

VrelicV is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
The air will still fill the area in front of the adjustable spacer and the area behind it, considering the spacer is somewhere in the middle of the guide. As far as I can see, the guide doesnt seem adjustable in terms of removing more space the farther you screw it into the guide, but is adjustable because you can move it.
Doesn't it work because the o-ring on it seals off the chamber of air, and moving it forward or backwards changes the seal point of that o-ring and hence changes the chamber volume?

I'm just asking, not saying, because I have not used/ seen one in person. In my opinion I really can't justify buying the NDZ setup when compared to an $8 rod when it basically does the same thing.

.Certified Eclipse Tech.

TNN Crew
VrelicV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:38 PM #25
Ragin Cajun
CLICK, CLICK, BOOM

Annual Supporting Member
Ragin Cajun is a founding member
Ragin Cajun is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Ragin Cajun is a Forum Captain
The oring on that spacer is there to keep the spacer in place. It adds resistance. Without it the spacer could turn by itself inside of the guide. Orings only seal against flat surfaces. An oring can never make a seal on threads.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:55 PM #26
akbrewcrew

Quote:
see i didnt think it seemed adjustable to me either, i mean ya you can screw the insert in and out but i really dont see it doing anything because of it being hollow and the hole in the tip of it
akbrewcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:13 PM #27
VrelicV

VrelicV is BST Trusted
Quote:
Orings only seal against flat surfaces. An oring can never make a seal on threads.
Oh really? lol

I was thinking that it either sat beyond the threads or there was something I was missing. No need to state the obvious.

But then yeah it mid of makes no sense to how that adjusts volume...

.Certified Eclipse Tech.

TNN Crew
VrelicV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:51 AM #28
p3ngu!n
oh looky, a penguin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd Lock View Post
I'm interested to see what results you get with yours. I ordered a firing can, spring bolt and adjustable guide from ndz. Lowered dwell to 12 and fsdo to 0. Initial gas up...it just went pft pft pft. Took the guide out and screwed the adjustment pin half way and raised my dwell to 13. It cycled but had fsdo. I waited till the weekend, so I could get over the chrono. Chrono was bouncing around pretty bad...300+. Lowered dwell to 12, raised fsdo to 2 and turned down chrono thru the reg.

First game my eye plate popped off and continued to pop off the next couple games, so I used a rubber band to hold em in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Train View Post
If you guys are having issues, don't hesitate to contact NDZ. They hooked me up and made things right.

My optimal dwell is 12, but I couldn't completely eliminate bolt stick. Raised fsdo to 2 and it seems to have helped. It's been said before, every gun's different. I'm sure that I could lower the fsdo back to 0 if I spent more time with orings, but these are my setting with the parts received directly from NDZ. Finer tuning will only make things smoother. More to come, but I'll be busy breaking in my new NT for a while.

lol, none of you people know how to adjust dwell.

if you really are that uneducated, then go to the ion stickies and learn how to optimize your dwell

Last edited by p3ngu!n : 04-30-2010 at 04:06 PM.
p3ngu!n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:35 PM #29
nightkast939

nightkast939 plays in the APPA D3 division
I bought the can/guide/bolt a few weeks back. Finally got my fixed guide back. All I have to say is wow. My old bolt kit has some ****ty *** tolerances. I had horrid fsdo. No matter what orings I put in it, the parts would just not move smooth. The can made the biggest differences as far as tolerances goes.

First thing I did when I installed the new bolt kit is remove the ft screw. I didn't see it as necessary since I already had the spring in there. I would like to note that I think that doing so made my gun slightly louder.

I aired it up and shot a few balls through it. I had one shot of fsdo (that appeared very rarely but a few times in a tourney this weekend). The first thing I noticed was how hot it was shooting. I turned it down and damn it shot smooth. I have shot smooth guns before and guns that had "no kick" but damn this gun just simply does not move when you ramp it. I will take videos later but I can single hand the luxe and it litterly does not move when you shoot it.

I do not have any before and after measurement on the chrono. When I have time at a practice or something I'll find out actually how much of a difference it makes when comparing the two's fps differences. My gun normally shoots in the 280/290's when I put the new bolt kit in I was around the 340/345 area. So it was a big jump but like I said that isn't the most reliable numbers.

Also I'd like it to be noted that I usually shoot a +-8 fps or so. With the new bolt kit I was had a max of +-3 fps all day. Normally I was +-1 fps. I was at a tourney when I first tried out the bolt kit and the refs on multiple times made comments as to how consistent it was.
If you guys are looking for more data just let me know. I'll do my best to get around a chrono and video camera soon.

edit: my efficiency seems unchanged. I still have not tuned the dwell for the new parts, I still run the stock dwell.

Last edited by nightkast939 : 05-03-2010 at 09:38 PM.
nightkast939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:46 PM #30
Cnoddings0364
**** Trolls

Cnoddings0364 plays in the PSP
Cnoddings0364 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cnoddings0364 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital sol View Post
Personally i like using there chamber without the insert, my efficiency is still more than enough to shoot what i can carry and i love how quiet and smooth it shoots with a low operating pressure, and my consistency also has never been better. But its all personal preference, i had issues with noticible increased kick while using an insert or rf rod, to me it wasnt worth the efficiency gain. How-ever each marker is different and im probably more paranoid than most about having the smoothest shot and tightest groupings on the field.
I am the same way. I would rather have a quiet/smooth gun over an efficient gun. All I need is for it to shoot atleast 6 pods and that's good for me.

Thanks for posting your review. I'll be setting up my Luxe pretty much the same way.

I just hope that the NDZ parts help with the breech ware ( I know this doesn't effect anything, but it still bugged me with my previous luxes ).
Cnoddings0364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:20 AM #31
airforcewes
Luxe Owner

airforcewes plays in the PSP
airforcewes is for the Gunfight
airforcewes supports our troops
Where is the review!?

FS
Crossfire 45/45, NDZ ASA Extender, and NXe tank covers
black 2010 NXe Elevation 3+2+2 pack
Old 05-08-2010, 03:37 PM #32
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnoddings0364 View Post
I am the same way. I would rather have a quiet/smooth gun over an efficient gun. All I need is for it to shoot atleast 6 pods and that's good for me.

Thanks for posting your review. I'll be setting up my Luxe pretty much the same way.

I just hope that the NDZ parts help with the breech ware ( I know this doesn't effect anything, but it still bugged me with my previous luxes ).
coming back to the dark side?

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:39 PM #33
Dy-nas-ty
Avarice

Dy-nas-ty plays in the PSP
Dy-nas-ty is playing at Living Legends III
Dy-nas-ty owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dy-nas-ty plays in the APPA D4 division
Can you use the NDZ guide with a stock bolt? My NDZ bolt blows eye covers off. I can put the stock bolt in and it does not do this. The breach oring is in good condition as well.
Dy-nas-ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:13 PM #34
blank_3
Sacramento Point Blank

blank_3 posts videos on PbNation
cant get mines to work...wont work with the spring on..help??
blank_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:25 PM #35
roccityhustle#7

what is the insert even good for?

Barrie Chop Shop '09
Hustle '07, '08, '09
roccityhustle#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:26 PM #36
roccityhustle#7

btw i have been having these problems with my luxe

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3401778

do you think that this ndz bolt will fix those problems?

Barrie Chop Shop '09
Hustle '07, '08, '09
roccityhustle#7 is offline   Reply With Quote