Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-26-2010, 11:18 AM #64
fluffy86

I was also a ref on Sunday, At the start of every game we came to the start boxes reminded everyone of the simple rules and ALWAYS ended with "Do you have any questions?" I think a total of 4 times a question was asked. You as players have the responsibility to know the rules for the league you play in. Not knowing is not an excuse to feel "cheated".

Just to help teams in the future-
When a game ends(whistle is blown/time stopped) all live players are to check in at the opposing teams start box. That is where you are checked and given your points, being at the other end and then coming to us gives you time to potentially wipe hits ect. I waited numerous occasions for teams to rally up their live players around the field.
Another thing all dead players are to remain in the deadbox and quiet until a ref tells them they can come out, it causes confusion and is against the rules.

I hope this helps some teams
Shipyard Ale #86

Stampin' tickets to F&%K TOWN
fluffy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2010, 11:19 AM #65
EWMpaintball
Identity Paintball

EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball is for the Gunfight
EWMpaintball plays in the APPA D3 division
As the owner of Identity I saw that schedule and I knew I would here this crap. the APPA system does not allow for this. I wish we played first game. And if we did, the way my squad played, I doubt the result would be any different... We sucked yesterday.... hence our one win all day.
EWMpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:24 AM #66
Stealth47
Snake Charmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWMpaintball View Post
As the owner of Identity I saw that schedule and I knew I would here this crap. the APPA system does not allow for this. I wish we played first game. And if we did, the way my squad played, I doubt the result would be any different... We sucked yesterday.... hence our one win all day.
Whats done is done. Lets just change it up so next time, there is no possibility that this could possibly happen. Sounds fair?

Dark Riders D2 7man
Stealth47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:09 PM #67
TeamGrnGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTwo View Post
You (Dark Riders) were a stand up group of guys, I think you were one of the only teams that made the trip from NY for this event. I'm glad you had a good experience.

PS.... I think going forward the "sister" team issue will be corrected to resolve any issues in the future, I think having sister teams play eachother earlier in the day leaves less of a chance of doubt of results... That's just my 2 cents.
In the past NEPL has made an effort to make sure sister teams DO NOT play each other at the end of prelims. I know because I have had two of my teams play each other the first game of the day numerous times. It sucks because one of your teams has to start off with a loss.

I do not mind because it removes the moral quandry from my team to have to make the decision what to do at the end of the day.

I can only think that because of the time requirements of putting together what was in essence that it was overlooked. I know that Lori and the NEPL make the greatest of efforts to have fair events.

It is also possible for refs to use there discretion for "fixed games" to result i double eliminations for both teams. I have seen it at other events.
Upton 187 Crew Accessory to MuRda Fan #1
You want to know about the chain of command?
It's the chain I get out and beat you with till you listen to my commands.
Proudly screwing things up for Dave since 2008
Sponsored by New Hampshire Indoor Paintball
TeamGrnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:15 PM #68
TeamGrnGoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy86 View Post
I was also a ref on Sunday, At the start of every game we came to the start boxes reminded everyone of the simple rules and ALWAYS ended with "Do you have any questions?" I think a total of 4 times a question was asked. You as players have the responsibility to know the rules for the league you play in. Not knowing is not an excuse to feel "cheated".

Another thing all dead players are to remain in the deadbox and quiet until a ref tells them they can come out, it causes confusion and is against the rules.

I hope this helps some teams

I think that the startboxes and dead boxes should be different. The reason I say this is it can remove the temptation to talk when players are dead, especially if they are by one of the side refs where the boxes were last year instead of in the middle of the field away from the refs.

Not a huge complaint
Upton 187 Crew Accessory to MuRda Fan #1
You want to know about the chain of command?
It's the chain I get out and beat you with till you listen to my commands.
Proudly screwing things up for Dave since 2008
Sponsored by New Hampshire Indoor Paintball
TeamGrnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:19 PM #69
Stealth47
Snake Charmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGrnGoat View Post
In the past NEPL has made an effort to make sure sister teams DO NOT play each other at the end of prelims. I know because I have had two of my teams play each other the first game of the day numerous times. It sucks because one of your teams has to start off with a loss.

I do not mind because it removes the moral quandry from my team to have to make the decision what to do at the end of the day.

I can only think that because of the time requirements of putting together what was in essence that it was overlooked. I know that Lori and the NEPL make the greatest of efforts to have fair events.

It is also possible for refs to use there discretion for "fixed games" to result i double eliminations for both teams. I have seen it at other events.
I'm sure lori and the people there will be able to create the schedual for the next event so that there is no possibility that this could happen. I think the refs were awesome and hope to see them back again at Event 2.

Dark Riders D2 7man
Old 04-26-2010, 12:50 PM #70
monstabals

monstabals owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ok,agreed.
monstabals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 PM #71
Lori
It's all About BOSTON!

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lori is an Ultimate field/store owner
Lori donated to help Peyton Trent
To cover the sister team issue. This is really all I can say in a nutshell.

It will NOT happen again. But I owe more than that by way of a sad but true explanation. We use the APPA for MANY reasons - but one does include the scheduling factor. The focus on a schedule lies primarily in seed - as in making sure teams play a weighted schedule. The fact that they (sister teams) play each other at all ever is something that I cannot control - nor is the time that they play them in terms of the computer knowing they are sister teams. To my knowledge - there is nothing that allows you to identify teams as such - I may be mistaken - and i will be discussing this with Chris - so when a schedule is done, it is all computer generated - and it in turn does the schedule, the score sheets - the scoreboard etc. ALL linked - and in a certain order so that there are no back to backs etc. That being said - I due to severe time restrictions - put a sort of blind faith into the system - and trust (hope) that what it spits out at me is correct. And it is EXCEPT that I have to do something different if the computer can't - and maybe it's as simple as pulling that game out from the bottom and playing it off the schedule first thing. In all fairness tho - Dark Riders, you could have very well been in the same situation.

In the future - I simply ask that if you should notice this in the schedule - bring it to my attention first thing - and again - it will be my mission to make sure it is avoided but I'd rather prevent a problem then have to explain it later.

I'll put this on me - my bad and my apologies. And while I cannot and certainly wouldn't be foolish enough to comment on anyone's intent in this situation, what I can say is that the team that won that game - was in fact (by means of numbers to show) the better team playing that day.

Thank you
Lori
Facebook / Twitter
2014 NEPL / NEXL Information Now Available
www.bostonpaintball.com / www.thenepl.com / www.thenexl.com
Lori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 PM #72
Stealth47
Snake Charmer

Lori, it was not your fault. You've been doing a great job with the NEPL. I know I would never be able to run a great, fun, orderly tournament like the NEPL. Can't wait for event 2!

Dark Riders D2 7man
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM #73
PBTriChick
Cougar

PBTriChick owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PBTriChick supports Bob Gurnsey
PBTriChick plays in the APPA D5 division
Lori just pointing this thread out to you since a few people are putting it on staff/organizer's heads:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3376110

Thank you for a fun weekend.

Captain, Invert PimpMini Factory Team
pimpmini.com
'I shoot cubs'
PBTriChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:07 PM #74
Shipyard-Cheif
I Kill For Beer

Shipyard-Cheif owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Shipyard-Cheif plays in the APPA D4 division
Shipyard-Cheif has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Shipyard-Cheif has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Played NEXL, I was the head ref on Feild 2, for 5-man and reffed the playoffs for 7-man.

Ups. Weather was better then predicted. The franchise t-shirts were pretty sick. The refs for the NEXL were great. The designated reffing crew was awesome at working with my guys to help us out as it was our first time reffing NEPL. Lori and Ant put on a great weekend, thanks. Met some new guys, mainly the Dark Riders squad who came up from NY. They seem like a good group of guys and seem to enjoy the league.

Downs: I wanted to play more ball. I felt bad for some of the 5-man teams that got ousted in playoffs by losing just one game. I think the 3-man field on Saturday was a little big.
Captain Eli's Soda
Clockwork Clothing
MainePB.com
SupplementEdge.com
Shipyard-Cheif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:04 PM #75
jim4130
proud gmax owner!!!

jim4130 plays in the PSP
jim4130 plays in the APPA D4 division
jim4130 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
jim4130 is Boss
played NEXL
up's:
reffing was good on the xball fields weather was great, paint shot good, everything ran smoothly

downs:
the wistles to start the game's- on 1 of our points (revelation) I got us a penalty because I heard the wistle from field 2 blow just a few seconds early from field 1 where we were and I could not see the time on the score board from the glare, any way both me and chippy jumped early aswell as a couple of players on the other team but I was the only one who fired theyre marker, everyone tagged up I was pulled (good call by the refs) a team mate was pulled aswell and the point went on it just sucks that the penalty occured due to a simple whistle

reffing on the 3 man field could have been more atentive. I was watching a game from right behind a ref and a player was in the oposing teams snake 1 with an opponent just off in the brick in front of him the player came up and shot him clear as day the opponent tucked into his bunker and started snapping (playing on at this point) and had his foot hanging out the player then blasted his foot and the opponent tucked it in again, the opponent then got up and attempted a run through on the player where the player then blasted him apart again and finaly the opponent walked off the feild. now i saw this all clear as day from right behind a ref and i cant understand how he didn't see all this happen

come check out my gun collection

proud suporter of

shocker owners

Last edited by jim4130 : 04-26-2010 at 06:10 PM.
jim4130 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:11 PM #76
Cowboz

Annual Supporting Member
Cowboz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cowboz has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth47 View Post
Im pretty sure it was identity but im not possitive. It was for 7man and they knocked our other squad out of finals because they threw the game for there own team to make it
I am the captian of Identity Creed. I can tell you for a FACT that the game was not thrown and there were no shenanigans that I am aware of. The simple fact is that the other squad was having a bad day and, to be honest, we were out for blood because we knew what it meant to us to win. I do regret that it has the potential to look bad, unfortunately that's out of our control. I also know that had my team lost and we had gone 3&3 and the other squad gone 2 and 4 no one would have questioned anything.

Thanks for comming from NY, we played one of your squads and it was a good, stand up game. I look forward to playing you guys more in the future.
Special thanks to Fox4 Paintball
Cowboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 PM #77
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
bmoney003 plays in the PSP
bmoney003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
scheduling happens like that sometimes...

happened to upton crew and fox4 Army last year...but fox4 army was out of it(no chance to advance nor screw any other team)...and they DEVIL DOGGED our Loaders...

classic
Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 PM #78
young1

young1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
young1 is for the Gunfight
To be honest and normally I don't get involved in online problems but I'm insulted that my team identity fire is being accused of throwing a game. I'm a winner, obviously we as a team did not do too well in 7 man, but that's my mentality period. I did not throw anything even if it means a sister team to get in. We went 1 and like 5 our sister team played well and it showed. I understand how suspect it looks but can't help the schedule and take a look at our numbers can you say awful! Yea the better team won STRAIGHT UP!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:11 PM #79
young1

young1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
young1 is for the Gunfight
O in all big thanks to lori and ant for two great days! no complaints other then maybe the reffs be a little more on the same page, other then that reffs were great and the event was great, lori your the coolest girl lol
Old 04-26-2010, 09:24 PM #80
motorx1000
THE ***** SHOOTER

5 man reffin was hands down good ****.. idk what these guys are talkin about but w/e.. sept one kid was defiantly sick/hung over.. he was just like duuuuuuddeeeeeeeee.. ur hit.....lol

Last edited by motorx1000 : 04-26-2010 at 09:50 PM.
motorx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:29 PM #81
TeeTwo
Boston Armada

TeeTwo supports Cereal Killerz 2
TeeTwo plays in the APPA D3 division
TeeTwo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorx1000 View Post
5 man reffin was hands down good ****.. idk what these guys are talkin about but w/e..
They are saying the SAME thing that a select few teams say after every event... which translates to:

"we made mistakes, we weren't prepared, and rather than learn from this experience and focus on event 2 we'll post here and make excuses as to why things didn't go our way."

Did I just about cover it?

I'm actually VERY curious to see what the ratio of complaining teams is that actually attended a rotation and played the layout compared to those who did not. I would say it's a safe bet the majority of the teams with an issue had not stepped on that field or saw the layout prior to that morning. The league gives you the tools to succeed, if you choose not to take advantage of reading a rule book or showing up to practice the layout I don't see how you have any basis.

Blaming refs is SOOOO 2005. hahah
Check out my original 2K4 acount:MAD4LYF
matty mace: i have asthma an i felt as though other players might have been intentionally smoking near my pit to hinder my performance.......good thing i had my puffer.

Last edited by TeeTwo : 04-26-2010 at 09:35 PM.
TeeTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:33 PM #82
hgr

hgr is for the Gunfight
I agree i thought the 5 man reffing was the best i have seen at the nepl in years. I was very pleased with it.

I thought i had a bad call on field two talked it out with ALL of the refs who had seen it and were involved to try to get a better understanding of the call and was very pleased with the responces i got. They understood my question and took the time to talk to me about it and help me understand a bit more why it was made. They even said it was very questionable as to whether i was right and it should have been a penalty they aired toward the side of caution and assessed it as a single elimination. Walked away appricaiting the time they took to talk to me and the checks they were making throughout the day and getting in there to check people.

Guys if you think you had a bad call. Go to the head ref and the ref who made the call and CALMLY disscuss it. They are usually more than willing to disscuss calls and why they were made If you calmly and politley ask them why they were made. Don't just walk off the field and *****. Bring it up with the head ref and try to understand how your team screwed up or you screwed up and why the call was made.

Overall best nepl i have been to in a long time. Had no complaints.

Last edited by hgr : 04-26-2010 at 09:41 PM.
hgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:37 PM #83
495demonic

495demonic plays in the APPA D4 division
^thats wrong. we placed 3rd, not blaming any of our losses on a ref at all. the reffing was good but there were times when it was a bit ridiculous
495demonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 PM #84
NTran

Annual Supporting Member
NTran is a Professional paintball player
NTran plays in the PSP
NTran owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTwo View Post
They are saying the SAME thing that a select few teams say after every event... which translates to:

"we made mistakes, we weren't prepared, and rather than learn from this experience and focus on event 2 we'll post here and make excuses as to why things didn't go our way."

Did I just about cover it?

I'm actually VERY curious to see what the ratio of complaining teams is that actually attended a rotation and played the layout compared to those who did not. I would say it's a safe bet the majority of the teams with an issue had not stepped on that field or saw the layout prior to that morning. The league gives you the tools to succeed, if you choose not to take advantage of reading a rule book or showing up to practice the layout I don't see how you have any basis.

Blaming refs is SOOOO 2005. hahah
At a minimum, read the rulebook so you can back up your complaints.
Then again, I guess it's impossible to be wrong if you don't even know what's right....
UpTon 187 cRew - #4, Coach/Manager
Fox 4 Paintball * Planet Eclipse * G.I. SPORTZ

PM me if you want to set up a TEAM Clinic or INDIVIDUAL Clinic with 187.
NTran is offline   Reply With Quote