PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2010, 07:52 PM #22
Evil_Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBadMagikxX View Post
I have a prophecy at the moment, I like it. It feeds fast, reliable and is easy to program.

I have had a rotor, fast, reliable, easy to maintain.

Prophecy, not as durable as a rotor, when you are low on paint it's harder to tell do to the fact that it is sound activated.

Rotor, jam more than the prophecy(my experience)
I've got a smoke Prophecy, so I don't really have problems knowing if I'm low on paint... If you can't see paint, then you're low on it, simple as that.

Now, just to add on a bit to your post, the Prophecy lets you know when your batteries are almost dead, as far as I know the Rotor doesn't. You know to change the batteries in one when it stops working.
Also the Prophecy has the rip drive, so just in case your hopper dies in the middle of a game, at least you can continue to feed balls into it.

Now, when it comes down to it, I bought the Prophecy because it was cheaper than the Rotor, and the Rotor (in my opinion) didn't have anything that justified paying that much more.
I'll admit, the Rotor looks crazy sexy, and if I could, I'd have both. But if it's one or the other, just look up reviews on them. Watch videos of taking them apart and people using them on Youtube, it's not hard to decide what you want.

Still, if I were you, I'd just stick with your Egg. You're not gonna outshoot it, then if it breaks you can just go and do research on the hoppers, and buy whichever one you think is best for the money.
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 PM #23
SethPierce

SethPierce owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Prophecy if you want to spend 100. In my opinion they are better than rotors. they are sound activated, feed super fast. You can get one with a speed feed already on it. Idk my favorite hopper. I am also relatively new, and i have a etek3 lt with a prophecy. Nice setup. Pm if you wanna know more. Hope i helped and also haha what do ik im 13 and im new to the sport.
SethPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:32 PM #24
paintballreppin44

paintballreppin44 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
Yeah I'm gathering that. In what ways? I got out of the sport a bit but it used to be considered a decent hopper. What features of them "suck"?
you cant open them fast dont fit well on most guns and personally i think they look stupid
Old 04-25-2010, 09:38 PM #25
myballsonyou
MowingFaces>MowingLawns

i love my halo. i swear by them, never had a problem with mine. you can pick one up cheap now, $40 or so.
myballsonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 PM #26
N4cer (Banned)

N4cer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballreppin44 View Post
you cant open them fast dont fit well on most guns and personally i think they look stupid
True they don't open fast. I'll agree there. As for not fitting, it's the same diameter as any other. Strange you'd have a fitment issue.
N4cer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:31 PM #27
Ri0T
Mad Scientist At Work...

Ri0T is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Look into the Invert Halo TOO if you don't want to spend $100 on a loader. Otherwise, a Prophecy could be the last loader you ever buy... until you decide you want 2 so that you have a backup for events (scenario or tournament, having to fix gear sucks). While the Rotor may be more durable, the Prophecy will put an unbroken ball into your breach on every shot, not matter how brittle the paint is if you've tuned the settings accordingly. It also has a very usable unjam, whereas I know the rotor unjam doesn't always work. The Rip drive is just awesome, though I've never had to use mine. The only time I ever had an issue with my Prophecy was when I slid into 50 Dorito while low on paint and got shot through my speedfeed... paint and shell got EVERYWHERE. I have never heard of anyone else having to clean the gears out because of something like this, it was a fluke.

NEW prices-
Invert Halo TOO $60-65
Prophecy $100
Rotor $150

Whatever you buy, you'll be happy with.
Ri0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:42 PM #28
Kristo
DoNt_HaTe_BrUdDa

Kristo is playing at Living Legends III
Kristo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kristo supports Team VICIOUS
Kristo is for the Gunfight
ROTOR. the only way i would even think ab getting a proph is if it had the metal upgrade on the feedneck
Kristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:51 PM #29
Zepulkinator
Epic Purple Dude

Zepulkinator plays in the PSP
Zepulkinator supports Team VICIOUS
Zepulkinator is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Zepulkinator is Boss
I thought that the metal feedneck came standard on the newer ones.