Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2010, 11:02 AM #1
egermann04

Need hopper advise

I got back into paintball not too long ago and I have a spyder imagine with an eggy 2 (only paid $15 for it) and I'm getting an ion with the virtue board this week and I'd like to buy a new hopper with it cause sometimes I chop paint with the eggy. Any suggestions? Im willing to pay around 70 I'll go up to around 90-100 if it's something that will last me a really long time when it's well taken care of. I'm looking to find one that will be quiet for the most part. The thing i like about the eggy 2 the most is that is doesn't keep making noise when it's on and only spins when there isn't a ball in the feedneck. I was thinking about the empire prophecy but would like to spend less if the magna would do the same for me. I've seen some hoppers that are also sound activated and things like that. Are there any downsides to specific kinds of hoppers that anyone has found out in personal experience?
egermann04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 AM #2
avkovale
Awaiting Email Confirmation

If you get the empire prophecy they are now $100 instead of 150. They are really quiet and will last you for a really long time. I have never had any problems with mine.
avkovale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:04 AM #3
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
Prophecy's, Torque's, and the Empire B's are good
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:24 AM #4
98autococker
Converted pumper.

Ive never had a problem with my reloader b, but ive heard lots of good things about the prophecy too. Really its up too you, after getting the reloader b i really like sound activated hoppers.
98autococker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:58 AM #5
paintballreppin44

paintballreppin44 supports Team VICIOUS
go with the velocity halo's aren't great or try to find a used rotor
Old 04-25-2010, 01:11 PM #6
jd205

i got a brand new torque on ebay for $43 including shipping a couple of months ago. Its faster then you will ever need but constantly runs, so it makes some noise.
jd205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:00 PM #7
N4cer (Banned)

N4cer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
What's wrong with the eVLution2?
N4cer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:04 PM #8
paintballreppin44

paintballreppin44 supports Team VICIOUS
they suck?
Old 04-25-2010, 02:12 PM #9
T9Ranger4Life
Roling in Dimes

T9Ranger4Life owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
T9Ranger4Life owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
T9Ranger4Life is an NCPA player
T9Ranger4Life plays in the APPA D4 division
T9Ranger4Life is Boss
i would get an empire magna... they're small, reliable, have many modes, and come stock with really great features.

plus theyre really fast when u wnt them to be

gl!

Proud Supporter of:
Iowa State Paintball ----- Guerrilla Air ----- RAZA ----- ANSgear.com
T9Ranger4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:21 PM #10
samuelkeesee12

There is also the Viewloader Eye-force. They are around 50 new and are a force feed hopper that can feed really fast. They are a little bulcky and noisy when they are running, but they don't run all the time and for the price you cannot beat em imo.
samuelkeesee12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:46 PM #11
213chrisp
"SPRAY and PRAY"

i would also look into upgrading to a zboard for about 15.00, worth possiably the few extra bps, and saves battery, i have had no issue with my eggy 2 with z board unless your doing full ramping or something extreme which most places wont allow anyway. so just a thought.
Empire 08 liquid hinge pod pack 4+5 acid color, l/xl size, Stiffy Switch Kit AC threaded, Invert full size gearbag, 2xl and xl pants and jerseys. Velocity Jr with dye speed feed. MUST PAY LAWYER for a divorce please help a baller out!
213chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:46 PM #12
N4cer (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballreppin44 View Post
they suck?
Yeah I'm gathering that. In what ways? I got out of the sport a bit but it used to be considered a decent hopper. What features of them "suck"?
Old 04-25-2010, 02:56 PM #13
JIJordan

Velocity or halo bro
JIJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:52 PM #14
Evil_Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4cer View Post
Yeah I'm gathering that. In what ways? I got out of the sport a bit but it used to be considered a decent hopper. What features of them "suck"?
They're not new, and no Pro's use them, so kiddies say they suck.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with them I think. Get a Z Board and it'll be more than fast enough for the Ion.

Only problems I see with them would be the battery door, and I guess the shells are a bit weak. Other than that, there's the mouth on it, and how oddly placed it is, but that's more preference I think.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:59 PM #15
N4cer (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Fingers View Post
They're not new, and no Pro's use them, so kiddies say they suck.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with them I think. Get a Z Board and it'll be more than fast enough for the Ion.

Only problems I see with them would be the battery door, and I guess the shells are a bit weak. Other than that, there's the mouth on it, and how oddly placed it is, but that's more preference I think.
Yup I agree. I just wanted to hear the little fella's 11yr old reasoning. Let me guess... 15bps isn't enough for a relatively new rec player? LOL! Thanks EF. You're one of the members with a brain. That's rare.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:42 PM #16
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

your gun is chopping because it doesnt have eyes, its not because of the loader. the ion has eyes, which will keep it from chopping.

"eyes" are a sensor placed at the bottom of the breach that wont let the bolt move untill they detect a paintball in the breach.

the prophecy is the best hopper out in my opinion, especially at $100. its light, holds a lot of paint, has a huge lid, easy to take apart, has lots of difference settings so you can set it up to be very gentle on paint, or very fast.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:42 PM #17
rfrantz3
"Frantz"

rfrantz3 is BST Trusted
rfrantz3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
rfrantz3 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ok here we go
Prophecy
Nice hopper feed well can buy large fronts never chopped in one I think there kind bulky *just my opinion easy to clean snap off the front clean away decent price 100 new

Halo Invert/B
Good hoppers feed well last a long time still kinda bulky kinda hard to take apart since it involves every screw coming out Nicely price around 70 bucks new

Rotor
Great Hopper easy to take apart low profile The jamp lever thingy is a nice touch to stop jamming pull it towards you and it releases any ball loaded at the time. only prob is there really exspensive but its worth the price i bought mine used and i have had it for over a year no problems! Buy a used one for like 100 maybe even less!

I know some may think these reviews are childish but I just used my own personal use and this is a compacted review! Dont Hate!

"Pawn Shop Sell Your Damn GATS"
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post75365217
rfrantz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:55 PM #18
austinre8r

austinre8r plays in the PSP
austinre8r plays in the MiLP
austinre8r owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
austinre8r plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfrantz3 View Post

Rotor
Great Hopper easy to take apart low profile The jamp lever thingy is a nice touch to stop jamming pull it towards you and it releases any ball loaded at the time. only prob is there really exspensive but its worth the price i bought mine used and i have had it for over a year no problems! Buy a used one for like 100 maybe even less!!
I agree buy a used rotor, they are definitely the best hopper on the market right now. I have seen some sell for 80$
austinre8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:22 PM #19
Diggums

^^ what he said
Old 04-25-2010, 05:53 PM #20
Snakeorbust

Rotor. I don't know why people tend to think of the prophecy as superior, but I'd rather have the fast, reliable, easy to clean (under two minutes by this point), easy to maintenance (you can practically put the thing in a dishwasher) and tough (remember the world cup "spike test?") rotor.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:33 PM #21
XxBadMagikxX
I AM CREEPY AS ****

XxBadMagikxX is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I have a prophecy at the moment, I like it. It feeds fast, reliable and is easy to program.

I have had a rotor, fast, reliable, easy to maintain.

Prophecy, not as durable as a rotor, when you are low on paint it's harder to tell do to the fact that it is sound activated.

Rotor, jam more than the prophecy(my experience)