Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 PM #1
KrAutt90

Solenoid Leak Question

So my solenoid cracked and I received my new one in the mail today. But here's the problem. On the pivot-assembly side there is a small hole on the side of the black solenoid manefold, near a small silver ball piece. It leaks out of here. Because I do not know the airflow very well I was wondering if anyone knows what could cause this?
Defective solenoid manefold?
Red gasket?
Pivot assembly oring(s)?
etc?
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2010, 12:32 PM #2
Speedballer844
Paypal Verified.

Speedballer844 is a Paintball photographer
Speedballer844 plays in the PSP
i had a similar problem so i ordered the parts kit form paintballshowcase and replaced everything in the noid orings spring filter gasket you name it. then i lubed the gasket put it in and i havent had a leak since. hope that helps
Speedballer844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:25 PM #3
KrAutt90

This helps me a bit but I wish I could pinpoint better as to why air is leaking out through that small hole on the side and the screw on top
Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 PM #4
Lucky.Mac

Lucky.Mac owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
If its leaking from the sides and the screw, make sure you didn't tighten it down to much and crack it. Possible its just the red gasket is not seated correctly. Pull off the solenoid and make sure you didn't roll the gasket or its sitting out of place. Tighten the solenoid down to where it just touches the frame then give it a just a wee bit more of a tighten.
Lucky.Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:12 PM #5
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
The screw on top? You mean the one (of the two) that actually holds the solenoid assembly to the body of the marker? If so, then the only way in which air would get to the screw hole, were if this solenoid housing were also cracked, or if the gasket were leaking.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:01 PM #6
KrAutt90

Thanks a lot guys and Uziel Gal I'm pretty sure they just sent me a defective solenoid housing and I'm in the process of getting it sorted out for Monday. I was just finding out some info. here in the meantime. It's definitely not the gasket I have 2 of them and it still leaks with either of them.