magilla66
Magilla Gorilla

magilla66 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
magilla66 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
magilla66 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
magilla66 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by squares View Post
There's a lot of this going on on PbNation right now... where people are calling out manufacturers/vendors, and the manufacturers/vendors are jumping in and slinging mud.

No one likes to have their image tarnished... but it does absolutely nothing for your image to have this sort of public battle with your customers... even if you're right.

The best response that any of you could be posting is "I'm really sorry that you've had a bad experience. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and we can sort this out over the phone", with a message about how you're working hard to ensure that your customers are happy.

Then make a couple of customers happy...

The problem will sort itself out.

As it is... you're just opening up the lines of communication with negativity, and are just guaranteeing yourself more of it... not a great strategy. In any case... best of luck with this to you and the rest. Social media is a *****.
I disagree.

Complaints were made about Alpha Sports publicly.

Alpha Sports should have the right to respond, publicly, because we are here reading only ONE side of the story (the complainants' side), and if Alpha doesn't respond here...then the whole thread is biased against them.
magilla66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2012, 02:31 PM #128
magilla66
Magilla Gorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMarquie View Post
Interesting priorities here...defend yourself and bash your customers. Almost 2 years and over 13000 views on this post, and its contents, and not one positive customer experience has been posted on your behalf. Now that's something to be proud of!
Did you read the entire thread? Then you obviously missed a few positive posts about Alpha Sports. Look up xXTLXx Kryptonite's posts in this thread.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:39 PM #129
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
The post you're siting and the majority of others were posted in February, and the original post was two years ago, the thread shouldve died a long time ago.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:46 PM #130
magilla66
Magilla Gorilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbTrader32120 View Post
left a message for their sales team to buy a big order of turf and netting. Waiting for the call back so I can record and grill them about stealing money. I'll see if I can fish out a working phone # or address of theirs
I do believe that Lee has posted a "working number" several times. What in the world do you mean by saying you "left a message for their sales team" but then "fish out a working phone #"?

Isn't the number you called a working number?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:47 PM #131
magilla66
Magilla Gorilla

suggested to mods to close thread.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:22 PM #132
AlphaSportsPB
Alpha Sports Inc.

AlphaSportsPB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Wow, just when you think this thread is over … here it comes again.

Chazz, yes I know who you are and am glad we were able to help you. I sincerely hope you were able to get some resolution on your other order. Let me know if we can do anything else.

PBTrader, it was good to speak with you today. I hope I was able to shed some light on these posts for you. Just in case it’s needed again our number is 888-729-1115. I’m glad to help answer any questions.

Magilla – Thanks for the support. It was a tough decision to respond publicly like this, but it’s either just be trashed by people that in most cases were not even customers and in several cases our competitors, or try to clean up the mess.

Really we had 100% no desire to get involved with PBNation, but it has become clear we need a presence here to help field questions and show honestly and integrity. We will always welcome any and all reviews and try to offer the best service to our customers and industry as possible. A big thanks to those that have stepped in to set the record straight. Thanks Guys!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:02 AM #133
CM Armada
I'm here for the laughs

Annual Supporting Member
CM Armada plays in the PSP
CM Armada owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CM Armada owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
CM Armada plays in the APPA D4 division
CM Armada has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CM Armada has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As bad as it is to say... This was one hell of a read. It seems the "bad guy" in the beginning turned out to be one of the "good guys."

I am glad for the sake of business that this is only 7 pages, but I was disappointed when this story ended.

Mr. Rummage/Alpha Sports, Good luck with the business and netting sales. I believe you did the correct thing and publicly rebutted to each complaint. If I was a potential buyer and would have not seen your comments, I definitely would have not ordered from you.

If our field ever needs new netting, I know where to look.
CM Armada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:22 PM #134
DosserWorks

DosserWorks is an Ultimate field/store owner
DosserWorks plays in the PSP
DosserWorks plays in the MiLP
DosserWorks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Alpha Sports got Dosser Works for 15K. When does the class action lawsuit begin? Felt like I should throw that out there to keep the thread going. I'm sure would like to hear what alphasports has to say about our circumstance.

Follow Dosser Works Facebook Fan Page for the latest updates and deals!

Last edited by DosserWorks : 09-22-2012 at 03:32 PM.
DosserWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:23 PM #135
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care

has been a member for 10 years
Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando posts videos on PbNation
They rebutted everyone else, I would give them a chance and definitely like to hear both sides of the story on this one

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:07 AM #136
josh_hill
0_o

josh_hill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
josh_hill has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
josh_hill has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I, like CM Armada, have read this thread in its entirety and found it to be quite a read...I've not done any business with Alpha Sports but from what I can see here Mr. Rummage seems to be a fair businessman. I worked with the public in the service industry for a long time...there will always be people who want something for nothing and who cannot be satisfied no matter the situation.

In reference to DosserWork's post I present you the following.

Quoted from the thread linked below.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post76809632

Quote:
Originally Posted by DosserWorks View Post
Never buy alpha sports! Staight from dosser works. They took us for 15K, no refund when their system failed. Be sure to read their fine print under net system. States no refunds what-so-ever.
Seriously. The guy says that Alpha's fine print states "no refunds what-so-ever" Yet he feels he got taken when he wasn't issued a refund. Come on.

OLD SCHOOL FEEDBACK THREADS 23/0/0
PBR Feedback PBN Feedback
josh_hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:50 AM #137
AlphaSportsPB
Alpha Sports Inc.

Talk about the thread that keeps on giving. Thanks guys for defending us but I am happy to respond to Dosser Works.

I assume this is Daniel with Dosser Works. Daniel, you placed an order with us on 5/24/2011 for a custom made pole system, 20 foot height, for about 525 total feet of perimeter. You also ordered a total of about 7 rolls of netting. All items were fabricated, shipped, and received on time by you. The last time we personally spoke on the phone you had set up the system and were complementing us on how well it worked and even considering ordering a second system. Here is where the fun begins.

On July 5th 2011 I received an email from a paralegal stating there was damage to the system and several sections had “fallen over”. She demanded that we issue well over a full refund to you and provide a full new system. She also told us that you had stated you did not want to be contacted by us for any reason. After working with her for several days I was able to get images of the system and it was easy to see very heavy wind damages to 5-6 of the poles. The paralegal and I were both able to pull up a weather report for your area showing major thunderstorms, very high winds, and even tornados in some surrounding areas about 1 day before her email to me. My office is only about 3 hours from your field and we actually got hit with the same storm you did. I also would like to note our pole systems have a feature allowing you to raise and lower the netting in the event of storms and wind. The images I received showed the netting was never dropped.

After working for several days and claims that changed from the entire system being damaged to 3 sections being damaged we finally figured out only 6 sections were really damaged by this storm. Once we finally got the number right Alpha Sports had replacements delivered to you within a few days. Never once did we try to not offer assistance and despite the paralegals request I tried over a dozen times to contact you and left voicemails. Bottom line is Alpha Sports replaced all damaged parts and we were willing to offer any and all assistance to you. We even sent spare poles and parts to you should something happen in the future.

Daniel, it looks like you guys have a great field in an even better location (downtown ATL). If you remember back to our original phone call prior to any orders we discussed doing a lot of business and I was even planning to come by personally to see what more we could be doing for you. The offer still stands for me to come by and see you. I would be happy to sit down and resolve any issues you might have remaining. Like I said above, you are only 3 hours away.

Again, our number here is 888-729-1115 and my extension is 701. I will be in the office tomorrow at 9am. If you need anything or would like to setup a time for me to drive in just let me know.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:27 PM #138
TeacherCreature

Wow that does sound very different than what I thought now it seems very appropriate that Daniel respond specifically to this post and in my mind I would feel like I heard both sides of the story
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:42 PM #139
DosserWorks

DosserWorks is an Ultimate field/store owner
DosserWorks plays in the PSP
DosserWorks plays in the MiLP
DosserWorks owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
7 mph high winds that day, and a little rain. You got hit by that storm too? I have the report from the airport as to the weather conditions that brought down your system.

you remember sending replacement part for all the pieces that failed right? What about when they failed the second time? Where were the storms on those days?

We will share our side with the public soon. Stay tuned.

Follow Dosser Works Facebook Fan Page for the latest updates and deals!

Last edited by DosserWorks : 09-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
DosserWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:23 PM #140
AlphaSportsPB
Alpha Sports Inc.

7mph was not the wind speeds on the report issued by the paralegal to us. The storm I am referring to caused a lot of damages from ATL to Greenville SC and on into NC. If the system failed on you a second time how would we have known? You have refused to speak with us except now through a forum.

The point of my response is not to argue with you but to address the point you brought up. Here is my suggestion. You are obviously still angry. Lets setup a time for me to come to you and see what happened first hand. I will take as much time as is necessary to sit down and address every area of concern with you. How about this Friday 9-28-12. I can come in sometime that morning and spend as much time as you need. Would you be willing to meet?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:50 PM #141
Atlballer91
Let's go play

This is Daniel at Dosser Works. I will clarify our stance so everyone can hear both sides and decide for themselves whether or not to deal with alpha sports. The items were received on time, never disputed that. The day of failure I have an official weather report , 7 mph maximum gusts. This is documented fact. The system folded over during play in a light breeze at best, I have over 30 eye witnesses.I had my lawyer contact Lee because of the amount of money involved. I also brought in an independent engineer to evaluate the system. He concluded it was grossly under designed and destined to continually fail. We asked Lee to provide materials or refund us the amount of money it would take to strengthen the system to a workable product. He only offered replacement parts of the inferior products he originally supplied. So we could have spent time and labor to replace the poles which literally folded in half only to have it happen again and again. This obviously wasn't practical.
Lee represented himself as an employee of a larger company, he is not. An investigation I had run on him showed him as sole ownership. He is a one man show. As time went on our focus was on building our business and did not pursue legal action as we should have and were advised to do.
This subject was not brought up but I will address it now since Lee insists on protaying himself as an honest man and continues to try to take fields for their money. We used the netting for the system for miscellaneous partitions as we expanded. Come to find out a shot from 20 feet away will go through the net with velocity to spare!
We have been asked by many people in the past about Lee and Alpha Sports, out of consideration I replied privately to them and recommended that they stay well clear of Lee and not to purchase anything from him. Since Lee is so adamant about disputing facts so he can carry on deceiving prospective customers I have been forced to reply publicly.
Just to put the entire situation in perspective, if a company is so good and reputable why are there so many threads with unhappy customers? And why does the "company " in question have to spend so much time and effort defending itself?
In conclusion I would like to state my personal opinion of Lee and Alpha Sports. DO NOT BUY OR CONDUCT ANY BUSINESS WITH ALPHA SPORTS, YOU WILL BE WHOLLY DISSATISFIED AND THEIR PRODUCTS ARE UNSAFE.
Lee, I will not respond to you again. I feel you are dishonest and morally corrupt. Shame on you. This is how I feel, all the spinning and double talking will not change my mind. If I am mistaken refund my money and I will state that you did so.
Atlballer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:23 PM #142
AlphaSportsPB
Alpha Sports Inc.

Daniel, I appreciate your response but it seems you would rather try and trash me than resolve an issue. I will respond to your points, or at least the ones I have not already addressed.

I would love to speak with your independent engineer. If an evaluation has been done I would like to hear it first hand. We did offer you added braces and supports as needed but this was turned down by the paralegal I spoke with. I think you should contact her to retrieve her own weather report and emails with what we offered to you.

At no point did I misrepresent Alpha Sport as a giant company. We have always been a small business but this is not a one man show. While I am a partner here, there are others involved. If you would like I can have someone else contact you if you would rather not speak with me.

I find it insulting that you would claim we try to take businesses for their money. I have been with Alpha Sports now for about 12 years and in the industry for 15. I take pride in working with businesses in this industry and we have always strived to supply the best possible products. I have taken the time to respond to any and everyone here (those real and fake) who have made claims. I have traveled to any fields that have requested it and satisfied everyone to the best of my ability. I would like to do the same for you.

It has been and is still my opinion that a forum such as this is not an appropriate place to go back and forth over issues. I have listed my number numerous times on this thread and I would still like to sit down with you. I have offered a date for me to come to you and assist personally. I am not sure how you translate this into dishonest and corrupt. If you are interested in my help please contact me.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:43 PM #143
TeacherCreature

As an outsider I am hearing acompany say we did right and we are trying to do right you had a big storm didnt take down netting and it got broken if that is correct and they even sent you replacements then they are in the right you are not..
If on the other hand they are misrepresenting the storm and it was a small little storm and you have an actual engineering report than you are right they shoudl refund you and no amount of faulty replacement parts are adequate...
At this point however it is your word vs their word and no one will know the truth.... In court a jusge will ask for engineer report, and look at the actual weather even if there was a 7mph storm was there another one within one day or two with massive wind... These reports will totally decide winner or loser... Real storm with wind company is right, little storm with engineer and customer is right - that is how it seems to me an outsider. If the customer is being honest file small claims it is minimal work, if your not being honest just drop it this company is at the minimum attempting to resolve it.
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:13 PM #144
BorderPaintball2
Tater salad

BorderPaintball2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i swear to god i was about to order netting from them since mine just tore after a storm hit south texas. thanks for the heads up!
BorderPaintball2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:20 PM #145
AlphaSportsPB
Alpha Sports Inc.

Just as a follow up we are working with DosserWorks on a resolution. We have both agreed to do a follow up post once DosserWorks is completely satisfied.

BorderPaintball – Give me a call. I will be glad to help.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 PM #146
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Annual Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is BST Legit
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
I am amazed that so many people have even made claims that Alpha is not up to par. Why does it take a huge post in a public forum for you to make things right with people you have wronged is my question to you Lee.

Although I have never personally worked with you, I find it hard to believe that everyone who posted in this thread saying that there were better businessmen and products elsewhere posted here simply by coincidence.

-Will

Central Alabama Paintball Park and Tournament Complex
Minor League Paintball (MiLP)
(205) 837-4177

Last edited by bigfootguy2002 : 09-27-2012 at 08:40 PM.
bigfootguy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:31 PM #147
AlphaSportsPB
Alpha Sports Inc.

BigFooot – Fair question. Out of this entire thread I counted about 12 complaints total and out of these only about 4 were legitimate. For the sake of conversation lets just say all 12 were since someone out there is obviously upset.

First, you are right. It should not take a public forum post to make a customer happy. I would say in all listed complaints we were only informed of an issue by 3-4 of the customers. Most seemed to keep any problems to themselves until this post. I guess I can relate to this. Most of the time if I receive bad service somewhere I don’t complain … I just don’t go back. I am making the assumption that this forum gave the opportunity to vent about a problem with some anonymity. The original reason this thread started was not even true, so your guess is as good as mine on that one.

In any case Alpha Sports is doing what it can to resolve any complaints and do right by our customers. I fully understand that we cannot make 100% of the people we work with happy, but no company can. I also understand that some people will look at this thread and say they don’t agree with the responses, while others will think it was a great move. We have received a great response to this thread since our posts and it has really served as a business boost for us more than anything else. With close to 19,000 views as of today it seems like most customers view our response as a positive “want to get in there and make the customers happy” attitude. I think rather than beat the negative drum I would personally like to turn any issues into a positive remark.

Just my 2 cents.