PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-26-2010, 06:56 AM #43
db03

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenix26 View Post
Got the itch again..i can feel a storm brewing..soon...very soon..
I like the sound of that.... as long as the alien indy makes an appearance I am in.

To win without risk is to triumph without glory.
db03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2010, 10:25 PM #44
db03

One month(or almost) is a long time to pass with no paintball action.* I apologize for leaving everyone out of the proverbial loop but I hope it is an indication for how nutty things have been lately.*The weather has been blazing hot, and I won't even get started on the humidity.
With all the work I have been doing lately it will be nice to stepped back and relax next weekend. hopefully it will turn out to be exactly what I need. Board shorts, sunglasses, family, friends and my old wakeboard on Lake Lanier.
I have been here for a week working on few new developments that I was hoping to share by now, but unfortunately it looks like they will have to wait.
Hang with me,once the weather gets cooler I will have more paintball related posts. Most of my time will be in the field or pertaining to pb equipment so please bare with me.

We own the sky
-killinmachine

Old 08-16-2010, 10:20 PM #45
fenix26

Sunday brought back many memories after a long absence from seeing a field that used to be so familiar. Time keeps flying bye and bye and things just keep getting crazier and crazier. The group that once were referred to as the weekend warriors has faded to the few and the strong. I am definitely looking forward for fall weather and hopefully some new and familiar faces back out there on the battlefield.
The summer sun was intensely shinning down on our return to the field sunday, which made for some good competition and spurts of dehydration. Met some good guys and some good competitors throughout the day though. Definitely got that old rush that I have been missing for so many weeks back.
That's all for now, in the mean time nation...keep your finger on the trigger.

-Ironman

"IRONMAN"

"any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
fenix26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 AM #46
db03

“We’re back on the grind folks!”

I would have to say this season coming up will be as predicted by Ironman. A new place with new people, pursuing a new form of exploration, well new to me, in the world of paintball. Quickening my understanding of exactly what this mean, old people have gone/ will leave and only the strong and perhaps some new will remain.

It means "we are in it." We are committed. No reason to expect anything different. Rainy, Sunny, Thick and Muddy, or Hot as Hell... there will still be a few keeping it alive.

When pursuing a new activity like tournament paintball, there is always some sort of learning curve. For me it has been figuring out how to pack everything I need on multiday of play without carrying too much weight. When you factor in clothing for the weather, equipment,Gat or two, safety gear, tank or two, a case of paint (at least... for the new style of play coming to hit the Commerce area this fall) you have one mound of gear to deal with.

In all, the switch will be a success. We will power through a lot of northern Ga jungle and even have some respite on the Xball field of the local area. We will spend unplanned nights on the "Gone Away Farm, Athens apartment floors, and our respectable homes.

This is my Prediction as of now.... it is ever changing day by day.

This past weekend was a success in my book. The crew was very strong and I am happy to come out of it with a few new friends. And a new drive to get better and become the best player/ or the best player I can be on the filed yet again. This one goes out to the Ironman....Thanks again for having me along!

Well Nation I am out.

We Own the Sky,
KillinMachine

Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 PM #47
db03

This game they call life...

Here we are Trains leavin. There's no turning back, So tired of dreamin. Let's just pack our bags. Take a leap and well we won't look back, We've all been waiting. Here we are, we all wanna be big stars.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:11 AM #48
db03

Kind hearts don't make a new story. Kind hearts don't grab any glory.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:53 PM #49
db03

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetEc.../8/8ttbHHvpaKg

Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 PM #50
db03

I was driving in my car today listening to the ol' iPod when the shuffle feature spit out an older (by my standards) song. As I was tuning in the lyrics got me thinking about the past, present, and future. We all know these lyrics well …

“Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.”

This spawns my post.

In our lives we make choices, and the resulting experiences that are born from these choices become our lives. It is a life we define. Only we can navigate our choices and live our lives.

We can all look back on decisions we have made and where they have landed us today. If we could have chosen differently, would we even be the same people? Would we be in the same places?

Where we are today isn't the ending, but for our so called "grown up" lives it is the beginning of everything.

With this can come some uncertainties, that most people let speed past them before it is too late. Our previously core friends begin to know less and less about us all the while we know less about them. Life starts to make us all feel like we can look up their numbers and call them up with our problems or know they will call us if there is an opportunity to go get a beer, or even just watch a movie. It takes more effort to be social and keep in touch the majority of the time, but is something that can be a crucial element in our lives.

I once heard,"
Sometimes we have to make short-term sacrifices for long-term goals. Just make sure to never loose sight of what is really important because it is easy to mix things up and make long-term sacrifices for short-term goals."
I believe this is a statement that can be appreciated by all who read this blog. It is something I will try to stick to as I run into "another turning point, a fork stuck in the road..."

I am going to end with some lyrics that I was turned on to (Thanks Mandy)...

“Watching the time go the second hand is moving to fast
Who ever thought that it ever really ever would last
And if your conscience weighs a little heavy tonight
Maybe you'll find it maybe you'll find

Nobody told you that nothin plays out like it seems
Twenty years now runnin scared of all of your dreams
Is it everything you thought it would be

When you come back i'll be alright
On your own again
Back to where it all began
The phone don't ring
And the tears they fall
But you carry on and on and on
On your own again
The phone don't ring
And the tears they fall

Past is past you never really gave it a shot
To survive with your one last shot in the dark
And if your conscience weighs a little heavy tonight
Maybe you'll find that

Empty boxes on the stairs
Remind you that there's no one there
Is it everything you thought it would be
You'll see

When you come back i'll be alright
On your own again
The phone don't ring
And the tears they fall
On your own again
The phone don't ring
And the tears they fall

You gotta go you'll never know
Just how it all will turn out
Forget what's gone
The western turn leads no doubt

On your own again
The phone don't ring
And the tears they fall

On and on and on

On your own again
The phone don't ring
And the tears they fall
On your own again
The phone don't ring
And the tears they fall
But you carry on and on and on”

-We Own the Sky

ReplyRegional Ups