PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-20-2010, 08:46 PM #1
db03

FC Militia

Lets start this team page the only way i know how.... Blog style.

My brother and I pulled into a pretty special parking spot last Sunday. It was a place that I had first experienced with my brother and group of friends/teammates (99 crew... you know who you are!) many years ago. We were young and hungry. Looking to play the sport of paintball for the first time. Soaking in everything the sport and atmosphere had to offer. It was the first time any of us had felt that type of adrenaline and it was overwhelming to say the least. We pulled up, rented gear, and pretended like we were the Players you admire on the front of the latest Splat magazine. Fresh out on the scene, we still had no clue what we were doing. I don't believe any of us shot a single person all day, and we were probably mowed down more times than my lawn.

When I woke up last Sunday morning with the knowledge that my day would bring competitive team paintball with my brother and a few new guys (just as hungry or perhaps more than the original crew and I), I knew I had to go reminisce... i had to go back to that initial mind set. I had to pay homage to that wonderful memory, and more importantly, that wonderful event. It was an outing that changed our lives. It was the start of a lifestyle. A game that can teach you valuable life lessons. It taught us to trust our instincts, as well as each other. To build teamwork, community, and self-respect. Perhaps most importantly of all.... To go after the things we want. It was also the beginning of a few self-directed opportunities that fused into where we are today.

When it comes to the old crew that is still playing. Well, we all know our deal. We know where we stand and the victories and struggles we have had.

Now looking at the new guys that surround my brother and I at the battle field, delegating responsibilities for the next game at the "Table of War" I realized that that same love for the sport has not left. It has been rekindled in the players of days past and has been pasted own to the new breed of players in the Team.

Every bunker we made and break we pulled, helped shaped us into our future selves and team. The notion that what is left of the Old Squad can combined and live on with the New is one that is now built on a solid foundation. To some this game is just friends out being irresponsible and having a good time why they can, but to us, this game is a never ending war. It is a grinding battle that we get to fight. For a few minutes we become warriors showcased on center stage. I can say confidently that it all started with that first Sunday many years ago for a few of us, and perhaps for the rest of us it started last Sunday.

(side note)* Christian is busy with his life now in Hawaii working his way up the school system. He still comes to battle with the team whenever he makes it back to the mainland. When this happens it usually rekindles the magic in the "good old crew." To sum his appearance up in one word, the word would have to be "Psyched."(side note)*

For the remaining crew... This can be our space to link with one another. Our working team project page, if you will. we can manage our responsibilities and keep each other updated on days/ locations to play, gear, etc.......
This is only the Prelude..... This is Our Story.

"We Own The Sky!"

To win without risk is to triumph without glory.
db03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:40 AM #2
db03

Tried to make it sound official lol, darry votes to call the team " boom shakalaka." Just post your thoughts guys. Pretty much this is our free space to use for whatever.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 AM #3
db03

I have work this weekend so I can't play on Sunday. I may be able to play next Sunday.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:08 PM #4
fenix26

Diggin on that first post bro..pretty legit opening.

"IRONMAN"

"any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
fenix26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:22 PM #5
ltm03

dude i got owned by that a-hole who shot me with that pt inforcer back in 99 and what do you know 11 years later that same dude is busting me up on the sidelines, man what a jerk...hahaha, i love this sport
black 2k autococker turned to sweet pump

I play to win....i hate my teammates, one man show right here
ltm03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:46 PM #6
fenix26

Me and Darryld were tryin to think up some names tonight..a lot of random funny ones but a few legit ones..the only one i remember though is Left Koast Militia or killers or somethin like that..but we were just messin around with some names..any ideas?

"IRONMAN"

"any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM #7
db03

I like something militia

Old 04-22-2010, 09:54 PM #8
W.U.K Coach
2010 Free Agent

W.U.K Coach supports Team VICIOUS
Iron Militia
Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 PM #9
db03

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.U.K Coach View Post
Iron Militia
I can dig it

Old 04-22-2010, 10:03 PM #10
W.U.K Coach
2010 Free Agent

W.U.K Coach supports Team VICIOUS
where yall based outa
Old 04-22-2010, 10:08 PM #11
fenix26

Yeah I was feelin the Malitia thing as well.

"IRONMAN"

Old 04-23-2010, 08:08 AM #12
rodarry

I vote for my little pony
rodarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:58 AM #13
fenix26

I vote Los Banditos.

"IRONMAN"

Old 04-23-2010, 02:50 PM #14
db03

BB (backyard bandit) Militia

Old 04-23-2010, 02:52 PM #15
db03

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.U.K Coach View Post
where yall based outa
Based out of forsyth county, oakwood, and Athens.... pretty much call forsyth home

Old 04-23-2010, 02:53 PM #16
db03

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodarry View Post
I vote for my little pony
Only if it can be the pink little pony lol

Old 04-23-2010, 02:57 PM #17
db03

Can't wait to get the old Gatillac out and play again. Maybe next weekend or so I have Saturday and Sunday off. Just hit me up guys if anyone is down. If not we need to work on the video project some.

Old 04-25-2010, 05:29 AM #18
komikaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by db03 View Post
. I don't believe any of us shot a single person all day, and we were probably mowed down more times than my lawn.
LOL

WTB Angel A1 Fly, AR;K, A1 fly'd, Small Bore kit, Critical/Cobra Trigger, Tactical Stock & Apex barrel, PM me!
komikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 05:11 PM #19
db03

Devilmag(reborn) pics and review..... coming soon!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:38 PM #20
fenix26

Quote:
Originally Posted by db03 View Post
Devilmag(reborn) pics and review..... coming soon!
Can't wait to see that bad boy man.

"IRONMAN"

Old 04-27-2010, 10:09 AM #21
db03

ReplyRegional Ups