PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 PM #1
sogo

has been a member for 10 years
new ninja reg bust disk broke around 3k-3.5k

I just bought a brand new ninja tank reg 4500 psi. first time using it was today & one of the burst disks broke mid-game... by that point in the game I was probably around 3000-3500 psi ( only filled up to 4k). I didn't notice which disk it was but that shouldn't happen right?

My understanding is the 5k bust disk should burst @ 5k psi, & the 7.5k should burst @ 7500 psi, correct? seems like common sense but maybe there is something I do not know.

If I am right how they work should I be worried the reg is defective? just the burst disk is defective?

I called ninja today & they were closed, going to call them again tomorrow but I would like to know if I should they be sending me a new disk? new reg (considering I bought it bnib & it broke the first day I used it)?

I'm pretty pissed buying a bnib reg & it doesn't work right
sogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2010, 10:44 PM #2
sogo

btw my guess is they gave me a defective burst disk, just want to hear what other people have to say about it. also I will update this thread on what Ninja says/does.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 AM #3
Nick Alder
Doesnt Care Anymore

Nick Alder is a Supporting Member
You're assuming a mass produced, threadded, pancake wafer of copper to be consistent?

Burst disks burst, the factory that produces all of them in paintball had a ****ty day with on of the rollers, big woop.
Nick Alder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:39 AM #4
Paint_hore
PBN=SUA syndrome

Annual Supporting Member
Is this public outcry for a burst disk? lol

Had you posted in the "**Ask a Ninja Tech**" thread stuck to the top of this forum Im sure someone would help you. After all, thats what its there for.

Rediscover: "its good to see you didnt take any flying metal objects to your juggular." 13pbstar13: "I dont have tits bro" (true story)
Paint_hore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:44 AM #5
chris@CrossFire

chris@CrossFire works for a Paintball manufacturer
Actually the pancake discs should be right on from a certified mfgr. of them. They are used on all industrial gasses. If they come from china and or have no identification marks right on the disc then they are probably not. They are supposed to have traceable ink markings on the disc or it is not certified. We have to supply burst plugs to our disc mfgr to perform tests on the discs made. They check our edge to make sure it is sharp to their specs for proper bursts.

CrossFire only makes 5 YEAR HYDRO CARBON FIBER TANKS. No more guessing or finding out you got a glass 3 year bottle. You can TRUST CrossFire Hydro to know everything about your bottle and keep you in the game.
chris@CrossFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:39 AM #6
Jeremy @ Ninja
Sales Support

Jeremy @ Ninja works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jeremy @ Ninja is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by sogo View Post
I just bought a brand new ninja tank reg 4500 psi. first time using it was today & one of the burst disks broke mid-game... by that point in the game I was probably around 3000-3500 psi ( only filled up to 4k). I didn't notice which disk it was but that shouldn't happen right?

My understanding is the 5k bust disk should burst @ 5k psi, & the 7.5k should burst @ 7500 psi, correct? seems like common sense but maybe there is something I do not know.

If I am right how they work should I be worried the reg is defective? just the burst disk is defective?

I called ninja today & they were closed, going to call them again tomorrow but I would like to know if I should they be sending me a new disk? new reg (considering I bought it bnib & it broke the first day I used it)?

I'm pretty pissed buying a bnib reg & it doesn't work right
First off, we are sorry about any problems you are having. We hand test each and every regulator to make sure that we produce a quality product, but sometimes, unfortunately mistakes happen.

If your burst disk blew, the first step is to identify which one blew. You are going to have a HP burst disk (rated to 7.5k for a 4.5k reg or 5k for a 3k reg) and a LP burst disk (rated to 1.8k on both regs). Chances are it was your low pressure burst disk that blew, as HP burst disks rarely go out, especially on a new system.

The LP burst disk is used to keep you and your equipment safe. If the reg seat is damaged in anyway, usually due to contamination from either getting something in your fill nipple or a dirty fill, this will prevent the regulator from regulating the pressure properly. In order to keep the full bottle pressure from entering your marker, the LP burst disk will blow out before that happens.

When this happens, we recommend that you take apart your regulator and examine it and see if there is any dirt or debris inside. You should also examine the reg seat, the little ball in the end of the piston, to make sure it has not been damaged. If it has, then a rebuild of the regulator would be needed.

I would recommend watching the videos on our website, or give us a call for more information.
815-477-0007
Proudly Made in the USA
Due to time constraints, I have disabled PM's. Please PM Rob @ Ninja PB if you have any urgent matters.
Jeremy @ Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 PM #7
sogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Alder View Post
You're assuming a mass produced, threadded, pancake wafer of copper to be consistent?

Burst disks burst, the factory that produces all of them in paintball had a ****ty day with on of the rollers, big woop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_hore View Post
Is this public outcry for a burst disk? lol

Had you posted in the "**Ask a Ninja Tech**" thread stuck to the top of this forum Im sure someone would help you. After all, thats what its there for.

thanks for the help guys!! just making sure my face isn't going to blow off from a tank exploding, never in 7 years of tournament paintball has this happened to me. maybe one day if you get off your god-like level's of being you can see why this would concern an average individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy @ Ninja View Post
First off, we are sorry about any problems you are having. We hand test each and every regulator to make sure that we produce a quality product, but sometimes, unfortunately mistakes happen.

If your burst disk blew, the first step is to identify which one blew. You are going to have a HP burst disk (rated to 7.5k for a 4.5k reg or 5k for a 3k reg) and a LP burst disk (rated to 1.8k on both regs). Chances are it was your low pressure burst disk that blew, as HP burst disks rarely go out, especially on a new system.

The LP burst disk is used to keep you and your equipment safe. If the reg seat is damaged in anyway, usually due to contamination from either getting something in your fill nipple or a dirty fill, this will prevent the regulator from regulating the pressure properly. In order to keep the full bottle pressure from entering your marker, the LP burst disk will blow out before that happens.

When this happens, we recommend that you take apart your regulator and examine it and see if there is any dirt or debris inside. You should also examine the reg seat, the little ball in the end of the piston, to make sure it has not been damaged. If it has, then a rebuild of the regulator would be needed.

I would recommend watching the videos on our website, or give us a call for more information.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! (a real thank you!) I did not expect to come home today with a PM from you guys explaining everything to do. also I just call & the staff was very friendly & helpful to get my problem fixed asap.
A++ for Ninja

C- for douche bags who are apparently a lot smarter than me.