PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2010, 11:41 AM #1
95steeda

06 Interceptor, bad noid?

Hi All,
Well, I'm wondering if I have a bad noid. Everything was working fine, I had just replaced my LPR with a AKA LPR. While breaking in the LPR, the pressure went up to over 150. I degased it, and put the stock one back in. It still went up to over 150. Tried turning it down and got it back to 100. Now the RAM will not move forward when pulling the trigger. It seems like air isn't getting to the back of the RAM. I have tried it with eyes bypassed and sim mode, but no go. I removed the RAM from the noid and put air to it, and air came out the bottom of the RAM, so I know air is getting to the noid. Trigger pulls are being registered as I can change modes. I also replaced the battery. There are no air leaks. Dwell is set to stock (I also turned it up to 15). The noid is clicking and it seems like a little bit of air is venting out of either the noid or RAM housing, when I pull the trigger.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2010, 08:01 PM #2
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
First, change out your battery for a fresh one from a different package. No cheapo batteries.

When you air the gun up, is there any pressure on the ram? Can you push the bolt forward by hand just to make sure air pressure is in the front of the ram to start.

Next I would raise your dwell up super high and see if that makes a difference, if it does then most likely your noid is dead.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S

DM12 red with matching Boomy F/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 PM #3
95steeda

Thanks for the response. Yea, I changed to new Duracell batteries. I do have air holding the ram back. I lowered the LPR and the ram was easier to move. So it seems to be airing up properly. The air just isn't getting to the back of the ram. I upped the dwell to 14 already, i'll take it up some more.
I took to solenoid apart last night to see if there was any obvious damage, not that I know what i'm looking for. I tested the plunger and it was moving when I pulled the trigger, just now sure how much force it is suppose to apply, it wasn't much.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 AM #4
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Well it's too late - but - players when you chage you LPR first turn down the HPR so it can't spike, the rise the HPR slowly to see if it stops.

Because your solenoid was probaly already gone it didn't mater much if you took it apart - but takig the solenoid apart is prety much the last ditch effort to get it to run.

Call the shop and we can go over your optins with you. 530-344-1155
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:48 PM #5
95steeda

Thanks Jack, I'll call tomorrow during working hours.
When I was breaking it in, I did turn the HPR down a couple turns. I put the new LPR on, and from the factory, it's set at around 70. That was about where it was. I dry fired half a tank. Then turned up the LPR to 100. Then finished out the tank. Got another full tank and did some more dry firing. I was on the 3rd tank when the LPR pressure went over 150. It wasn't really creep, but it didn't shoot up either. I pulled my tank with the on/off on to vent the pressure. Put the tank back in and gassed it up. Over 150 from the get go. Degassed, put the stock LPR back in, same thing, over 150. I removed the front block and checked the oring and valve. I don't remember when I saw that it wouldn't fire. I either fired it at 150 and it didn't fire or I fired it after removing the front block and it wouldn't fire.
At this point, I put the stock LPR back in, turned it all the way down, gassed it up, and turned the LPR back to 100. Didn't fire.
Replaced battery, no go.
At this point, did a little more troubleshooting, then just packed it up.

Got home, did some of the troubleshooting as stated in my post above then I found that it's rather difficult to find that noid anywhere, so I decided to look inside the noid. Figured it couldn't hurt.

All that said, I pressed the red button on the bottom of the noid (with air in it this time) just now and it cycled. So, it clicks when I press the trigger, but doesn't cycle, but it will cycle when I press the red button.

So, noid?

Last edited by 95steeda : 04-19-2010 at 07:51 PM.
95steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:46 PM #6
Jack Rice

If the noid clicks when the air is off - then most probably the noid - once you take it apart it's unusual that it then works, the Oring are so small - I have tired swpping O-rings out too and it just takes so long to fool with them and they are never as good again.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:58 PM #7
95steeda

Yea, I didn't try to remove the o-rings when I had it open. Was just looking to see if there was any junk in there. When I put it back together I made sure the o-rings were still in place. I only had one that fell out, and that was the biggest of them.

I'm wondering if it's the board or wiring. I cut the noid from the harness and connected it directly to the battery (with air) and it cycled. Seems like it isn't getting enough power. These are fresh out of the package batteries.

Thanks for taking the time Jack, I appreciate it.

Last edited by 95steeda : 04-19-2010 at 09:09 PM.
95steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 AM #8
Jack Rice

That is becasue you are putting 9V to a 5 volt solenoid.
Tell you what - if you think it may be a bad board you can send me the solenoid. a one dollar bag bubble bag and less than that in postage - as i say - put a drop of finger nail polish on so you know you get yours back I'll test it - but after taking it apart and spiking it with 9 volts it would be a tough one indeed if it worked. If you want you can send your board in at the same time - then we will know if and what you need.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:37 AM #9
spyderman_xtra

spyderman_xtra helped look for balloons
spyderman_xtra is playing at Living Legends III
spyderman_xtra supports Bob Gurnsey
spyderman_xtra is attending Decay of Nations VI
Hey Jack are you going to be at MAO this year?

Gearbagg sale please buy my stuff
LP Crossfire fresh Hydro looking to trade for smaller tank
Old School Feedback
"Originally posted by jwarrenjg: school takes priority...paintball you can play all your life."
spyderman_xtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:43 AM #10
Jack Rice

IF MAO is Chacigo then yes - if not then I don't know
Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 AM #11
spyderman_xtra

August 13-15 PSP event Mid Atalantic Open will be held in Rock Hill.
http://www.pspevents.com/index.php?o...=9&I temid=95
I have an 06 interceptor that shoots fine other than a leak from the selenoid, so I wanted to get you to look at it.

Old School Feedback
"Originally posted by jwarrenjg: school takes priority...paintball you can play all your life."

Last edited by spyderman_xtra : 05-03-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:15 PM #12
Jack Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderman_xtra View Post
August 13-15 PSP event Mid Atalantic Open will be held in Rock Hill.
http://www.pspevents.com/index.php?o...=9&I temid=95
I have an 06 interceptor that shoots fine other than a leak from the selenoid, so I wanted to get you to look at it.
Yes, we go to all the PSP events - but working on older guns is not always possible, our agreement with KEE is we work on the gun they sell or have sold - sometimes we take them home from the events and that can save you the $15 or so but we don't have everthing there we have at the shop
Old 05-03-2010, 04:07 PM #13
spyderman_xtra

Looking forward to seeing you at the event.
THREAD JACKED

Old School Feedback