Old 04-18-2010, 12:23 AM #1
surge101
Hayley?

surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Lifting to loose weight?

I need to cut some serious pounds. Should I be doing any weight training in addition to the cardio? Or would that cause me to gain mass?
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 AM #2
Erik Hellhammer
get off my lawn

You're not gonna be a bodybuilder after picking up a dumbbell a few times.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:39 AM #3
robbie_vlad
Shake N' Bake

robbie_vlad is playing at Living Legends III
Unless you want to go from being fat to being a slightly smaller version of your fat self, yes, you should lift weights.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:46 AM #4
surge101
Hayley?

surge101 supports Team VICIOUS
surge101 is for the Gunfight
surge101 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
surge101 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Hellhammer View Post
You're not gonna be a bodybuilder after picking up a dumbbell a few times.
That's the opposite of what I want to be though. I don't want to look like a body builder... I just want to cut the fat.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:30 AM #5
peltco123 (Banned)
It's hot in this place

peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge101 View Post
That's the opposite of what I want to be though. I don't want to look like a body builder... I just want to cut the fat.
Are you a girl?
peltco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 AM #6
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
ya dude i know exactly what you mean. Just stick to running cause if you lift weights just a couple times your muscles go through so much hypertrophy just from a couple days of hard lifting that they will always want to get bigger. So like if you lift a couple times your muscles will get big but then they'll turn to fat real quick if you don't keep doing it. and if you DO keep doing it you will get really huge muscles like a body builder. so it's basically a lose lose in your situation. I would just continue going on jogs like you're doing.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:38 AM #7
Nyx3d
Green ones are not ripe

Don't worry about looking like a bodybuilder, odds are you couldn't even get close even if you wanted too, and you won't gain muscle unless you really force your body too.

"Originally posted by karnavorrr: Will doing one armed kettlebell snatches on a bosu ball make my strength more functional?"

Buyers Digest
Nyx3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 AM #8
Violent J

I dunno i was trying to drop from 240 and i started lifting and doing cardio and i went up to 270, but its mainly muscle. Lifting makes you ****ing huge.

"Originally posted by LEEEROYYYYJEENKKINNS: Never heard of it but since you drive a mustang I'm guessing it's a poor area"
Violent J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 AM #9
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Creatine. Take it.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:34 AM #10
peltco123 (Banned)
It's hot in this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death_Taco View Post
Creatine. Take it.
Nah bro, according to my suitemate that **** makes you angry. Though I must say I am not helping much to digress this ignorance.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:29 PM #11
only4theweak187

Quote:
please goto bodybuilding.com and look at their "how to lose fat for noobs" sticky under the fat loss forum.

people here will just talk **** if your goals arent what theirs are.

So, in conclusion, you will not get any answers here from dudes on ****in' peanut butter nation
Old 04-23-2010, 07:42 PM #12
dyeboy1991
somich

lol, i dont think its peanut butter nation.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 PM #13
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

Quote:
Originally Posted by only4theweak187 View Post
please goto bodybuilding.com and look at their "how to lose fat for noobs" sticky under the fat loss forum.

people here will just talk **** if your goals arent what theirs are.

So, in conclusion, you will not get any answers here from dudes on ****in' peanut butter nation
bro my dick v will ****ing dominate your dick v
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:51 PM #14
offlimitspballa
Love Christ. Love people.

offlimitspballa is for the Gunfight
offlimitspballa is reppin' sidebar 4 life
offlimitspballa has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
offlimitspballa supports DLX Technology
Do CrossFit.

/thread

Small Talk Money Tracking
BMDT:Tell us what you don't like about yourself
WTB Thread | Indy, Rapper, Gear F/S
Alien Army
"We'll Rule the World"
offlimitspballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:35 PM #15
LostFaction15
///Madeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by offlimitspballa View Post
Do CrossFit.

/thread
AHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAHAHA

fifi man

King Kong Ain't Got **** On Me

LostFaction15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM #16
Valorous

Valorous supports Pev's Paintball
Any sort of exercise will burn off calories/fat and with the lifting you will gain muscle but that doesnt necessarily mean you will gain more mass. So I say go for it. It wont hurt you and you will just feel better + stronger overall.

As long as you arnt taking in more calories then you burn off you wont really gain any weight. But that is something to be discussed with a personal trainer or doctor if you are serious about losing weight. Diet is very important.
Valorous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:11 PM #17
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by offlimitspballa View Post
Do CrossFit.

/thread
Holy ****. Made my ****ing night. Thank you sir
Pyrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:36 AM #18
Koochy_Balla69 (Banned)
Keepin' It Copestedic

Koochy_Balla69 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Koochy_Balla69 supports Team VICIOUS
Koochy_Balla69 supports Sherwood Forest
Koochy_Balla69 posts videos on PbNation
Bro, if you wanna just lose weight, Just jog ALOT. I weighed 155 and I did baseball conditioning at my school for two months, and lost 15+pounds. When you get to the weight youre comfortable with then start liftin weights and get a nice body for the gals goodluck bro
Koochy_Balla69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:26 AM #19
Jlausen
synthetic like rayon

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
ya dude i know exactly what you mean. Just stick to running cause if you lift weights just a couple times your muscles go through so much hypertrophy just from a couple days of hard lifting that they will always want to get bigger. So like if you lift a couple times your muscles will get big but then they'll turn to fat real quick if you don't keep doing it. and if you DO keep doing it you will get really huge muscles like a body builder. so it's basically a lose lose in your situation. I would just continue going on jogs like you're doing.
I can't tell if you're joking or not, so I'm going to assume you are.
Jlausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM #20
peltco123 (Banned)
It's hot in this place

The op committed suicide along time ago stop posting.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:24 AM #21
bml0117
WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP

bml0117 is a Paintball photographer
bml0117 plays in the PSP
bml0117 plays in the APPA D5 division
hey man, it's okay. tons and tons of people ask the same question. Just know that lifting weights IS GREAT FOR BURNING FAT! In June of 2008, I was roughly 245 lbs. Now, I am at 180. I was always the chubby kid so losing this much did a great deal on my fitness ability as well as my confidence. There were many factors which helped me lose the weight, and develop a better lifestyle. ANd by lifestyle, I mean IT IS A LIFESTYLE! Many people think losing weight is a "lose 30 pounds in 30 days" type deal, but that's not the case. It really is something that affects your life. Anyways, here's some tips that helped me get some success.

Working out helps. Diet helps as well. Know that using these in conjunction is what gets people the results they want.

- develop a routine workout plan at least 3 times a week, and move up from there as time goes on. A good balance of weights, cardio, and calisthenics will help you get to the leaner you. Try doing some no-weight workouts as well. There are tons of no-weight workouts on every muscle building website/forum that will give you a kick to shred fat off.
- as far as a diet goes, you want to build that up as well. Don't go diving into hardcore diets, cause most of the time, people just can't take it and give up soon after starting it. It's like a few others have said above me, burn more calories than you eat. make sure you get a good balance of protein, carbs, and essential fat. Plenty of fruits and veggies help as well.

Don't be disappointed if you don't see results right away. It takes some time till you truly notice a difference. It's like I said before, it's a lifestyle. I used to be on and off with working out and doing diets. I would always go through these rapid weight gains/losses, and I never really found a solid plan till recently. I hope my advice helps a little. Sorry if I sound like a personal trainer, but I am just really interested in the whole lifestyle. Good luck, and stick to your goals!

Bryan
bml0117 is offline   Reply With Quote