Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
Dkepp™ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dkepp™ plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHeadShotzxX View Post
What atmosphere? lol. The atmosphere you speak of is overrated. All the paintball players watching? I mean i barely saw anyone that was not associated to playing in the event besides the people going to the beach and NOT the event. It gave a little bit of a false reality because there was people on the board walk or walking on the beach TO GO TO THE BEACH. I mean the event was poorly done in my opinion.

The highlight of the trip for me was socializing with the guys in the Bob Long Motor Home (good people).

And why not do an event in the Meca of all media, NYC, i mean if you really want to grow paintball with a certain image then that is a place to do it. I would seriously look into this.

And once again, someone tell that announcer that he is the biggest failure ever. Kind of sounded like he had the education level of a 3rd grader and the funny thing is you are wasting much needed money on him (assuming you are paying him) lol.

Also why not put bathrooms next to the pits? Are you expecting that many spectators that you didnt have? You should be making the lives of the players easier......

Also, have an ORGANIZED chrono area so people dont have to go into games with gun issues because they cant chrono till right before their game. I mean I chronoed/tinkered my gun into a garbage container in a tub inside of a hotel room the night before Saturday because Friday was such a mess. Let's face it, there were many issues and hopefully we can utilize this as a stepping stone to a better event next time. Don't forget I may promote some negatives of the event but I am all about getting it better for the players and expanding the sport.

im talking about non paintball, ie. the beach, the amazing town of hb.
Dkepp™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:31 PM #65
NPPL Super 7
NPPL HB April 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by academypb View Post
Will there be a web cast repeat?
Yes....all footage will be posted this weekend
Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 PM #66
usafpilot07
East Coast

usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
If I had a dollar for everytime someone mentioned players should get into the grandstands for free over the last couple years, I could afford to buy Stiffi Inc.

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:59 PM #67
chargermikec

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPPL Super 7 View Post
Yes....all footage will be posted this weekend
does that include the final two pump games that were played on the main field?.....it was kinda weak how there was no commentary, just dead silence during the final battle for first and second. Immediately after the game was finished, Todd Martinez and the other guy sat back down, put back on their headsets and said- "o.k. we just had a brief intermission. Looks like the pump division just finished up their portion.....Now lets get started with the main events". WTF???..... Dont get me wrong, It was very cool that the pump final game was played out on the main stage.....as it should be.....but would it have killed them to just stay and say a few words to let the folks at home know whats going down? ..We that play pump spend and generate revenue too! I personally spent a couple hundred dollars at the vendor booths. I know my teammates did the same. Although our entry fee's are lower, we still paid for I.D.'s and other stuff as well. Were not asking for miracles here, just a bit more love. Every year proves to be better than the last All in all, I think the NPPL did a great job. I hope you see this as positive feedback as it is intended.Keep up the good work.

Last edited by chargermikec : 04-19-2010 at 08:02 PM.
chargermikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:01 PM #68
X732x
know that tell that

announcing was horrible, that guy sounded like a mix of harry caray and a terrible radio host. todd is seriously the best

Also-field 2 was hard to watch games on. it was like half the field was cut-off. and all finals should be played on center court. divisional teams would like to play in front of a large crowd too i bet.

other than that i really enjoyed myself in HB. good to see a lot of teams still playing 7man
KEE Action Sports

Last edited by X732x : 04-19-2010 at 09:42 PM.
X732x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 PM #69
walk-ons

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermikec View Post
does that include the final two pump games that were played on the main field?.....it was kinda weak how there was no commentary, just dead silence during the final battle for first and second. Immediately after the game was finished, Todd Martinez and the other guy sat back down, put back on their headsets and said- "o.k. we just had a brief intermission. Looks like the pump division just finished up their portion.....Now lets get started with the main events".
I believe what chargermike is saying here, along with all the other pump players out there, is when is pump going to be treated like more then just a side dish.

I would love to see more slots open for pump, the twenty available filled up very quickly and there were more then enough teams willing to pay to play.

I am not opposed to being charged more for entry if we could get more field time for pump play in general. With the great economy we all have been facing it is no secret that pump has picked up a lot and more teams are popping up all over the country. It would only benefit the NPPL to open up its fields for them.

I could type three pages on what I think the NPPL should do with pump, but for the sake of the autos I wont. All said NPPL is one of the only options for national pump tournament players and we are all great full for that, but any step in a "pump aware" NPPL would not be bad.
walk-ons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 PM #70
quinn087

quinn087 plays in the PSP
quinn087 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargermikec View Post
does that include the final two pump games that were played on the main field?.....it was kinda weak how there was no commentary, just dead silence during the final battle for first and second. Immediately after the game was finished, Todd Martinez and the other guy sat back down, put back on their headsets and said- "o.k. we just had a brief intermission. Looks like the pump division just finished up their portion.....Now lets get started with the main events". WTF???..... Dont get me wrong, It was very cool that the pump final game was played out on the main stage.....as it should be.....but would it have killed them to just stay and say a few words to let the folks at home know whats going down? ..We that play pump spend and generate revenue too! I personally spent a couple hundred dollars at the vendor booths. I know my teammates did the same. Although our entry fee's are lower, we still paid for I.D.'s and other stuff as well. Were not asking for miracles here, just a bit more love. Every year proves to be better than the last All in all, I think the NPPL did a great job. I hope you see this as positive feedback as it is intended.Keep up the good work.
Yet still atleast you were on center court D3 7man played on field 3 out in no mans land. Id be happy to have the no commentary lol.
quinn087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:30 PM #71
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafpilot07 View Post
If I had a dollar for everytime someone mentioned players should get into the grandstands for free over the last couple years, I could afford to buy Stiffi Inc.
Haha, well played.

I do agree with the chrono issues though. At some points it was just a real ***** trying to chrono 14 people in 2 minutes when there were over 30 people in the small tent.

Maybe put 2 chronos, 1 for each team, in the tent? Seems like it would speed things up a good bit and make everything easier on both the chrono refs and the players.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM #72
dragtheOne
Back on the Grind

Annual Supporting Member
dragtheOne is a Supporting Member
dragtheOne plays in the PSP
dragtheOne is Legendary
dragtheOne supports Empire
I thought the refs in general were lazy, inexperienced, or afraid to get shot (there were exceptions).
At the end of the day, good teams still win with poor reffing though

registration was a mess.

really wish the grand stands would of been free for anyone walking down the boardwalk to be able to check out some games (other sporting events held in HB have been completely free to the public).

Finals for all divisions should have been played on center court!!
dragtheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:24 PM #73
jeffwilson

My only two issues were in the form of the Registration and Schedule.

It would have been noce to know when games started a bit before the event. I flew my girl in on saturday morning just to have her miss our prelim pump games(she got there at 11am and we finished at 1030)

But up until a few days before the event we (pumpers) had no idea what day we were to play on.

The logistics of the sign in needed to be spelled out a bit better.

Not having the walkway to the beach right in the middle of the line would've been nice too.

the big crowd of people aka "the line" was horrendously un-organized, and then when someone needed to get to the beach that glob of people got re-shifted and someone close to "the line" could get edged out by some less than cordial punks.

other than that it was run very well.

a little confusing regarding the 3/4th place finals for Pump. I think the refs thought we were going on center court and the teams were just kind of in limbo waiting.

All in all a great trip, my dream was fulfilled and thats all i can ask for.

I&I Sports

Want pump related gear and information??? go here:
ART OF PUMP
jeffwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:43 PM #74
chargermikec

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragtheOne View Post
Finals for all divisions should have been played on center court!!
TOTALLY AGREE

Were all paying customers. Teams bust their *ss to make it to that level. They should be rewarded by playing their final game on the main stage. Who doesnt want to see the two top teams (at least on that day) slug it out? I know I do....Hopefully next year D3 gets the opportunity that pump received. Thank you NPPL

Hey Frank, you still listening?

Last edited by chargermikec : 04-19-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:30 AM #75
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL
NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is for the Gunfight
Yea I am still Listening....LOL. Guys i read every post that was put on this thread, I promise to try and fix some of the problems that occurred in HB but please understand that some of the things you are asking for are out of my control and can not happen. We can not put toilets on the beach, we have to charge for grandstand tickets or there will be no grandstands. The schedule is going to be my baby and I will make sure that it is done correctly. Please understand that I am doing this for the love of the sport and nothing else. I missed one of my games and my team had to play with 6 guys because I was to busy running the event. All I can say is we as the NPPL will try to make every event better for the players and also try to grow the sport as a whole.
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:09 AM #76
got3bay
estcoastpballer

got3bay owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
got3bay supports Team VICIOUS
got3bay supports Sherwood Forest
got3bay supports Pev's Paintball
When will the Chicago event layout be released?

Planet Eclipse EGO 11 White / Black

BEST. FIELD. STORE. ONLINE STORE.
www.COUSINSPAINTBALL.com
got3bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:36 AM #77
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL
NEW ENGLAND AVALANCHE

FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is a Professional paintball player
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL works for a Paintball manufacturer
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL donated to help Peyton Trent
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is playing at Living Legends III
It will be out before the weekend.
FRANKTHETANKCONNELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:41 AM #78
chargermikec

Thank you Frank for your efforts. NPPL is movin in the right direction. Your a class act
Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 AM #79
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
<3

In collaboration with Blacklist Media and Jimmy Hickey Photography.
6shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:56 AM #80
BrHero225
ReFound Drive

BrHero225 plays in the PSP
BrHero225 is Legendary
yeah frank great job man, this is the most fun ive had at an event
LA Outlaws
Br Heroes

Sly Profit in good condition for sale with 2 lenses
Bring me an I4 or a grill
pm me
BrHero225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 AM #81
painthappy
Painthappy

Annual Supporting Member
painthappy is a founding member
painthappy is a Paintball photographer
painthappy is playing at Living Legends V
painthappy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
painthappy supports Bob Gurnsey
Just had a thought...

How about a whiteboard with the scores posted on it? It would be nice to know where you stand without having to bother the refs, etc.

I know some people had the score tally, but I didn't know where to get them for the pump division. So a simple white board with the scores posted or a list tacked on a tree or whatever would be more than fantastic!
painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:49 PM #82
rjs21

Annual Supporting Member
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
OVERALL, This was absolutely the best event we have been to. The Sunday schedule thing did suck; however, the organization of teams into brackets was great. Reffing was the most consistent from any tournament especially over PSP (except the UK refs because they have been the best group of refs thus far). We lost in the play offs on a bad call; however, I take one bad call over several them through out the tournament.

The Walkway cost is absurd. $12,000 for that walkway is insane. Hopefully you can reuse that next yr.

Registration went smooth; I thought without APPA it would be horrible, but it was very well done.

I didn't see any sandbagging either.

GREAT EVENT!!! Fell back in love with 7 man and carrying 8 pods straight to the 40 off break.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM #83
zombie93

has been a member for 10 years
Ok first the positive, The walkways were cool, shows that you guys care about more than just money. Its been said, but I'm going to say it again cause it was so annoying, and frustrating...First...Announcers!! Come on! That guy may be big in the surf industry, but he had to be the most annoying paintball announcer ever! You can admit it. Bring back the peeps from our industry to announce. Second...NO CHRONO AT SHOOTING RANGE?! That was a problem on many fronts. Teams had to play down cause players couldn't get their guns chronoed, refs were getting annoyed at players trying to chrono (and turning people away), chrono tents were way over crowded, making it hard for the refs to track their own schedule, etc. All around very frustrating. Not good. Overall I would say it was a great event, thanks.
Former Teams: Savage,The Cartel,CartelKidz, Notoriou$, (Dye) ]Notoriou$ (Proto) Pitch Black
Current Team:Cartel
Proud to represent Bob Long, the Marq Victory, G6R, and the PenProShop.com for the 2010 season.
http://www.boblongdirect.com/
///M3
zombie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:16 PM #84
usafpilot07
East Coast

usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Why does everyone keep saying bring back Todd?

Bring back Matty!

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
usafpilot07 is offline   Reply With Quote