Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2010, 04:49 PM #43
ladd_17
bA What?!?

ladd_17 plays in the PSP
ladd_17 plays in the APPA D3 division
ladd_17 is Boss
No access to chrono's for the morning session teams on Friday. We had to play our first game with 6 guns because we couldn't get to a chrono until we were checking in for our first game.

Reffing on field 2 was bad. The refs seemed like good guys and they were trying, but their knowledge of the game was just off.

The announcer was the most annoying thing I've ever heard. I paid $10 to sit in the grandstands, I'd have paid another $20 just to watch it without him talking.

No tables/chairs/team names in staging.

Registration was a mess. I firmly believe location was one of the biggest causes of the problem though, sticking the booth in the corner of the venue so that there was no where for the line to actually go just brought chaos.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:25 PM #44
Ericc.LancasterV.2

Event was really awesome, only thing that I really thought was bad about it was the reffing. The reffing on field 2 was the worst reffing I have ever seen in my life. Those guys did not know what they were doing at all.

Registration took a bit longer then it probably should have. But they seemed to be having a lot of problems, so its all good. It would of been nice to know the Sunday schedual earlier aswell.

But other then that. Amazing event!
Ericc.LancasterV.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:56 PM #45
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
Dkepp™ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dkepp™ plays in the APPA D3 division
how about updating the site with the final placings, and get the rankings up.

I thought overall it was a good event, not having the hoses sucked, but that is the fault of the epa not the nppl. the refs needed work for sure, or get new ones, field 2 for sure, they seemed to not know what was going half of the time. I think the scheduling needs work, we got stuck playing at 7:30am friday and saturday, and sunday(which is expected) I dont think that is fair at all. Also what happened to having a big chrono area away from the field so we can check our guns in due time before we play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxHeadShotzxX View Post
WALKWAYS!!! I mean its kind of crazy to come to an event and just be covered in sand, I mean i was dumping loads and loads of sand out of my cleats (mind you i was playing the whole tournament with it in my shoes). Plus the field (field 2) was so unlevel with huge dips/craters in it since you layed turf on sand instead of using something to stabilize the setup of the turf underneath it, i mean sliding/diving in certain areas could have possibly been real bad.

Also why did you have SAND PITS? Not pits with with turf or ply wood down, but literally there were pits that were either half sand and turf and a few that were just all sand, they were on the back side of the pits facing the ocean, that was just a horrible idea. I mean god forbid anyone dropped their, gun, tank reg or something in the sand, i mean the brainstorming of issues are endless. Lets face it, a couple extra hundred feet of the cheapest plywood isnt that expensive.

All in all it was an OK tournament, but just kind of seemed a little unprofessional compared to other national sporting events I have played in the past.

Also not using the Appa system, kind of seemed to screw the divisions, since D2 was obviously stacked and sandbagged considering you had like 30-40 D2 teams and only 8 D1 teams, kind of ironic how that occured.

Not sure if its worth the trip to come back from the east coast in my eyes, especially after spending all that money and sitting on a plane for 6+ hours. But it was a good learning experience, but definitely overrated.......
to all your comments on the sand....welcome to hb thats how it always is, in my opinion the atmosphere out weighs the sand.

Last edited by Dkepp™ : 04-18-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Dkepp™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:53 PM #46
roundballs
Warped Army

has been a member for 10 years
roundballs plays in the APPA D4 division
for the rest of the world that don't make the trip, getting the scores up faster would be nice.
and the its like when the events over, the website has been forgotten about.
and the d1 situation needs to be addressed if not already.
is strong enough to take everything you have.'
-Thomas Jefferson
roundballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:13 PM #47
Eric99BL

has been a member for 10 years
Eric99BL is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkepp™ View Post
how about updating the site with the final placings, and get the rankings up.

I thought overall it was a good event, not having the hoses sucked, but that is the fault of the epa not the nppl. the refs needed work for sure, or get new ones, field 2 for sure, they seemed to not know what was going half of the time. I think the scheduling needs work, we got stuck playing at 7:30am friday and saturday, and sunday(which is expected) I dont think that is fair at all. Also what happened to having a big chrono area away from the field so we can check our guns in due time before we play.

to all your comments on the sand....welcome to hb thats how it always is, in my opinion the atmosphere out weighs the sand.

Gun the testing area was fine.. it would of been nice to have a chrono by the area.. but people like to steal ****
Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 PM #48
BrHero225
ReFound Drive

BrHero225 plays in the PSP
BrHero225 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ q-tip View Post
sure the event had some flaws but really what event doesnt. the fact that frank cares enough to get our opinion is huge.

try this... instead of giving winner- d3 ~6k d2~4k and d1~1.5k, i say a good incentive to bring teams up through the rankings is to literally take the prize packages and flip them, change nothing else... literally flip it.. i play d3 7 man, and i would see it as perfectly fair to get 1.5 k out of the deal and a d1 team get 6k, even though we have 32 teams and they have 8... it gives so much of a reward for moving up.

do you get what im saying?
-Chase
LA Outlaws
Br Heroes

Sly Profit in good condition for sale with 2 lenses
Bring me an I4 or a grill
pm me
BrHero225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:18 PM #49
rockstarfactory
Hulk Hogan of slamin Muff

rockstarfactory plays in the USPL
rockstarfactory plays in the PSP
rockstarfactory plays in the APPA D4 division
Posting this here to avoid making a thread:

I think it sucks that chicago finals will be played on monday.
Even though monday is a national holiday it eliminates the traveling benefit of having it off
And I feel like that is a common finals week for others beside me
/ranting
Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 PM #50
quinn087

quinn087 plays in the PSP
quinn087 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrHero225 View Post

try this... instead of giving winner- d3 ~6k d2~4k and d1~1.5k, i say a good incentive to bring teams up through the rankings is to literally take the prize packages and flip them, change nothing else... literally flip it.. i play d3 7 man, and i would see it as perfectly fair to get 1.5 k out of the deal and a d1 team get 6k, even though we have 32 teams and they have 8... it gives so much of a reward for moving up.

do you get what im saying?
-Chase
There are lots of reasons why that wouldnt work. Keeping a steady ID system would be better forcing teams to move up rather than being able to keep registering at D2 or even D3 for some players.
quinn087 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:08 PM #51
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
look up the prize package situation on the website... i'm pretty sure thats how it went down..... no need to flip it ???

In collaboration with Blacklist Media and Jimmy Hickey Photography.
6shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM #52
SeanEC

SeanEC owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SeanEC plays in the APPA D4 division
it was a great event in general. To improve id retrain the refs, and assign tables to teams with that they have to be out so that another team can come in. Also registration needs to be revamped
SeanEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:51 AM #53
BrHero225
ReFound Drive

BrHero225 plays in the PSP
BrHero225 is Legendary
no im 100% on the way it went down, I work on a weekly basis with warped army and the even ended up in the hole $700+ after winning an event in d1, thats absurd
LA Outlaws
Br Heroes

Sly Profit in good condition for sale with 2 lenses
Bring me an I4 or a grill
pm me
BrHero225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:57 AM #54
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
well can u expect a big payout for d1 if there are only 6 teams playing?
Old 04-19-2010, 12:04 PM #55
Dkepp™
OG

Dkepp™ plays in the USPL
Dkepp™ plays in the PSP
why aren't the rankings posted?

Last edited by Dkepp™ : 04-19-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM #56
pbplAyaX
Kyle Raley

pbplAyaX owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pbplAyaX supports Team VICIOUS
Loved the event as it was my first national event. I know how sand can be and that it is hard to level but i tripped several times running carwash becasue of holes in the sand underneath the turf.

Also the corners, after they had been played on a while, started rolling back revealing a turf spike that was right where everyone was sliding. Just a safty concern becasue metal hurts.

Other than the uneven turf and corners i thought the event was very well run, very organized and i liked the fact that teams already in Huntington could register the night before.

Thank you Frank and all NPPL staff including refs for putting on a tournament that was fun, exciting, and memorable for all players.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:05 PM #57
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrHero225 View Post
no im 100% on the way it went down, I work on a weekly basis with warped army and the even ended up in the hole $700+ after winning an event in d1, thats absurd

oh dang. that is ridiculous man. and d1 certainly wasn't any easier just because there was less teams.

i guess the d1 money went back to the grandstands, hahahaha.

In collaboration with Blacklist Media and Jimmy Hickey Photography.
6shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:22 PM #58
academypb
At the 50

academypb helped look for balloons
academypb owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
academypb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Will there be a web cast repeat?
academypb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:34 PM #59
oomay

oomay plays in the USPL
oomay plays in the PSP
oomay plays in the APPA D3 division
i loved this event, mainly because hb is and always will be my favorite. but a couple small issues. no chrono range on friday, a couple of our guys got screwed because they couldnt get their guns right for the first game. and the announcer was a prick. people do not like paying a grip of money to play an event and then have the announcer on the main field talk **** about the team...........even after they win next LETS NOT HAVE THE PAINT TRUCK BE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE haha our team shot alot of paint and it was really annoying having to go through the sand people and vendors to get our paint. lastly d3 and 2 finals not being on main stage was lame. thats the worst thing that i felt happened at this event.

Besides all that i loved how smooth it went ...........it was cool not being suited up all day too. see everyone next event
LUXE#1619
oomay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:55 PM #60
XxHeadShotzxX

XxHeadShotzxX donated to help Peyton Trent
XxHeadShotzxX is playing at Living Legends III
XxHeadShotzxX posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkepp™ View Post

What atmosphere? lol. The atmosphere you speak of is overrated. All the paintball players watching? I mean i barely saw anyone that was not associated to playing in the event besides the people going to the beach and NOT the event. It gave a little bit of a false reality because there was people on the board walk or walking on the beach TO GO TO THE BEACH. I mean the event was poorly done in my opinion.

The highlight of the trip for me was socializing with the guys in the Bob Long Motor Home (good people).

And why not do an event in the Meca of all media, NYC, i mean if you really want to grow paintball with a certain image then that is a place to do it. I would seriously look into this.

And once again, someone tell that announcer that he is the biggest failure ever. Kind of sounded like he had the education level of a 3rd grader and the funny thing is you are wasting much needed money on him (assuming you are paying him) lol.

Also why not put bathrooms next to the pits? Are you expecting that many spectators that you didnt have? You should be making the lives of the players easier......

Also, have an ORGANIZED chrono area so people dont have to go into games with gun issues because they cant chrono till right before their game. I mean I chronoed/tinkered my gun into a garbage container in a tub inside of a hotel room the night before Saturday because Friday was such a mess. Let's face it, there were many issues and hopefully we can utilize this as a stepping stone to a better event next time. Don't forget I may promote some negatives of the event but I am all about getting it better for the players and expanding the sport.

Last edited by XxHeadShotzxX : 04-19-2010 at 03:00 PM.
XxHeadShotzxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:26 PM #61
paintballer50505
DONT TAKE THIS AVATAR

Annual Supporting Member
The Registration/ Scheduling Part Needs To Get Faster, It took to long to register after the preregs didnt work. The Sunday schedule was way to late, it sucked staying up and waiting to see when we would get to play. The Sunday wrist bands was a mess to.

I agree there needs to be another chrono area other then at the field entrances but overall the staging area and field access all went pretty smoothly i felt.

Kind of annoyed me that the security was trying to get players out of the pits that were trying to watch the finals, after their games were done. I understand that getting people out of the pits who are done playing will help to prevent theft, but if you don't want players back there, after their games are done, then let our wrist bands get us into the grandstands.

Sponsored By:
TopGun Paintball
KEE / empire
BigEvilOnline
FloryPB
paintballer50505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM #62
RevCain
Crash Paintball

RevCain is playing at Living Legends III
RevCain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RevCain supports Team VICIOUS
RevCain posts videos on PbNation
I thought the event AND the atmosphere were PERFECT ! The NPPL staff and their associates were ALL FIRST RATE ! We had the time of our lives and will remember it forever !

No event ever runs as smooth as people would like.... Out of 120 teams you are NEVER going to make everyone happy. Refs will make bad calls , players will show up late for registration and be mad they have to wait .....My team had NO problem getting registered or getting our IDs.

I LOVE the novelty of having it right on the beach next to the pier !

FRANK , THANK YOU and the rest of the staff for bringing back the NPPL.

SEE YOU IN CHICAGO !
Old 04-19-2010, 03:32 PM #63
FragBallr
Brody Mayse

FragBallr plays in the USPL
FragBallr plays in the APPA D4 division
I found the issues to be chrono's not being available outside of the on deck area. Bathrooms being on the complete other side of the staging area. Not having the air compressers up and running @ 7am. Lastly, the staging area was a mess without a table or turf on the sand.

I like how fast the game turn around was, but that was a double edged sword. Some games were flipped with just enough time to pod up and wipe off and fill. I'm down with this, but when you have to use the bathroom and walk across the venue and then have to wait in line, just wasn't player friendly.

And the chrono station, that was pretty bad. Being the 2nd game on and not being able to get your gun rocking prior to getting into the tent then being rushed on the field was an issue for us.

Grandstand tickets. I personally dont mind paying 10 bucks, but it kind of upsets me that we paid 2 grand entry and you are still trying to get money out of the players. I would imagine that the Pro teams that are playing would rather have the true fans of paintball (the players) in the grand stands making them full, instead of playing in front of the small amount of spectators that were watching.

With that said, I thought the event was good all around, I just hope that Chicago is about the players, the ones who travel from across the nation and dump tons of money into an event, not to win cash, but to win an event with their team. We should be taken care of first and foremost, from the pros to D4 5-man, because this is a players league, is it not?

Last edited by FragBallr : 04-19-2010 at 03:36 PM.
FragBallr is offline   Reply With Quote