Community Focus

Old 04-17-2010, 06:04 PM #22
***MINIONS*** (Banned)
Dustin Hobbs

***MINIONS*** plays in the USPL
***MINIONS*** plays in the PSP
***MINIONS*** owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
***MINIONS*** supports Pev's Paintball
top 3 d2 teams forced to move up every year to d1 and last place pro team moves down to d1. lower the cost of d1 to what d2 costs (or lower). use prize pool from d3 and d2 to make prizes better for d1.

just a thought..
***MINIONS*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2010, 06:44 PM #23
grantiscool
Ars longa, vita brevis

grantiscool plays in the PSP
grantiscool plays in the APPA D3 division
Logistics for registration, getting ID cards, getting sunday bracelets was pathetic. I honestly could have prepared better schematics for the NPPL booth. Please try to do ONE line for EVERYTHING in Chicago. If people do not pre register, setup the three computers and ID printer in a more logical place so you don't have to wait in line AGAIN just to get an ID. That is my only complaint.
grantiscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:09 PM #24
Eric99BL

has been a member for 10 years
Eric99BL is a Professional paintball player
If the refs were more pro active.. they seemed like they didn't know what to do or they were to lazy, or afraid to get shot.. on Field 2 anyway
Old 04-17-2010, 07:39 PM #25
K-O-L-O-H-E-
Goon

K-O-L-O-H-E- plays in the PSP
K-O-L-O-H-E- donated to help Peyton Trent
K-O-L-O-H-E- has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
all in all, keep doing what your doing Frank. The fact that you are asking us on how to improve the league is a big step! If i got to walk in sand and pay 10 bucks to watch in the grandstand just to keep the 7-man format alive then im cool with that.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:27 PM #26
DJ q-tip
Strahan Klosterman

DJ q-tip plays in the PSP
DJ q-tip owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-O-L-O-H-E- View Post
all in all, keep doing what your doing Frank. The fact that you are asking us on how to improve the league is a big step! If i got to walk in sand and pay 10 bucks to watch in the grandstand just to keep the 7-man format alive then im cool with that.
i like this guys attitude.

sure the event had some flaws but really what event doesnt. the fact that frank cares enough to get our opinion is huge. i dont see any other league out there that is doing that so i say to everyone who helped put on this event. it was honestly one of the most fun tournaments i have ever played in
Old 04-17-2010, 08:48 PM #27
Babyspice7
Come at me bro!

Babyspice7 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Babyspice7 supports Team VICIOUS
Babyspice7 is for the Gunfight
Reffing. I mean I'm only a D4 player and it was my first national tourament but reffing at WCPPL is way better than at USPL. I mean my boy was at the 50 d-side and the ref said he was out but there was obviously no hit and it was an obvious bounce (being that every1 was shooting EVIL, we all know EVIL is like cake batter and cant be wiped and its yellow and there was no hit wat soever at the time or afta the game, and EVIL doesn't dry quickly either lol), THis call effected us and we wouldve have won and it would of allowed us to make it to sunday but tough luck

we had 2 other calls just like that though
I mean I won't be playing USPL till Vegas but once again if reffing can improve itd be very nice

Otherwise for my first national tourny, it was amazing and I'm glad ur asking our input

Temporary Free Agent. D3 or D2. Get at me!
Babyspice7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:52 PM #28
jarude
Blackout

jarude plays in the PSP
jarude plays in the APPA D3 division
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ q-tip View Post
i like this guys attitude.

sure the event had some flaws but really what event doesnt. the fact that frank cares enough to get our opinion is huge. i dont see any other league out there that is doing that so i say to everyone who helped put on this event. it was honestly one of the most fun tournaments i have ever played in
This
2011 NPPL DC Challenge 1st Place / Chicago Open 2nd Place/Las Vegas Championship 2nd Place
Blackout 2010 NPPL D4-5 Man Series Champions
jarude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:55 PM #29
empireboi1023

i think you see alot more d2 teams over d1 because most peoples rankings dropped allowing them to play lower divisons. with this there was also a higher prize for winning d2.

• "Mini Me" Baller's Gang •
Albany Powersurge #4
http://www.albanypowersurge.com
empireboi1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:12 PM #30
synergy99

synergy99 is a Professional paintball player
synergy99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyspice7 View Post
Reffing. I mean I'm only a D4 player and it was my first national tourament but reffing at WCPPL is way better than at USPL. I mean my boy was at the 50 d-side and the ref said he was out but there was obviously no hit and it was an obvious bounce (being that every1 was shooting EVIL, we all know EVIL is like cake batter and cant be wiped and its yellow and there was no hit wat soever at the time or afta the game, and EVIL doesn't dry quickly either lol), THis call effected us and we wouldve have won and it would of allowed us to make it to sunday but tough luck

we had 2 other calls just like that though
I mean I won't be playing USPL till Vegas but once again if reffing can improve itd be very nice

Otherwise for my first national tourny, it was amazing and I'm glad ur asking our input
reffing will never be perfect, there will always be some kind of bad call at some point in time, but that is just realistic. also in your situation, and i was not there but a ref can call you out on a bounce, not saying they should BUT realistically all a ref has to see is some kind of spray that came of your loader, or body, or whatever and they can call you even though it didnt leave a mark, just the fact you say your guy got "bounced" so maybe he saw something, but he could have just made a bad call.

Overall, i thought the event was a success and i had a blast. I love walking in the sand and i was just walking barefoot all the time during the event, so good job frank, and the stress is over till probably a couple weeks till your stress comes back for chicago haha
synergy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:13 PM #31
painthappy
Painthappy

Annual Supporting Member
painthappy is a founding member
painthappy is a Paintball photographer
painthappy is playing at Living Legends V
painthappy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
painthappy supports Bob Gurnsey
Registration was a little funky... But I just checked out the vendors while I waited. No loss to me.

In the end, no complaints. Only that I didn't win. :p

Really just a big thanks for putting this together, and giving us one hell of an event to attend. See you in Chicago.
painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:24 PM #32
Los
Seattle Ninjas 09

Los is a Supporting Member
Los plays in the USPL
Los plays in the PSP
Los plays in the APPA D3 division
Registration went pretty smoothly, maybe advertise a bit sooner on ther preregistration on Wednesday night. There were some refs on field two that were a bit 1 for 1 happy snake side closer to field 3, but for most part reffing was good.

I like the UK reffs, best ever if you could get them.

Maybe instead of having the teams show up late on Saturday/early Sunday for the red bands, have just the captain show up have the refs check the teams id cards before they enter to play the games in finals to make sure the right guys are stepping onto the field.

I enjoyed the event except for us screwing up in finals. See you in DC and Vegas! Also whoever the ref that chornod on Field two, great guy and deserves a raise!!! He was always patient and courteous.
Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:17 PM #33
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Registration is the only thing I can think of really. I got through it very quickly, but I saw some people wait for a long time.

Refs were refs. Whatever, haha. It did seem like not all of them were on the same page with the rules though. Seemed like there was some confusion from time to time.

Had a good time though. Hoping there is another event there.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:47 PM #34
egomaniac2372

i thought the event overall was incredable, the only problem with the hole event is your neglect for your fellow paintball leagues.i know uspl/nppl are, should i say battling, against the psp but that is not how this sport is going to grow and evolve. i sat in the grandstands all of sunday, after my team unfortuntly didnt make it in, and watched impact infamous dynasty and blast blow away the competition. what i noticed is that you didnt say anything at all regarding impacts win in psp pheonix. as they climbed there way to the finals not a word was said about how they already did in past events this year. this fued will make all of paintball end up like smartparts. if you choose to battle against the people that are tring to achieve the same goal as you your goal is just going to be pushed farther away from both parties untill they can work togethor. that was my only problem

GEAR BAG SALE
egomaniac2372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:05 AM #35
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy99 View Post
reffing will never be perfect, there will always be some kind of bad call at some point in time, but that is just realistic. also in your situation, and i was not there but a ref can call you out on a bounce, not saying they should BUT realistically all a ref has to see is some kind of spray that came of your loader, or body, or whatever and they can call you even though it didnt leave a mark, just the fact you say your guy got "bounced" so maybe he saw something, but he could have just made a bad call.

Overall, i thought the event was a success and i had a blast. I love walking in the sand and i was just walking barefoot all the time during the event, so good job frank, and the stress is over till probably a couple weeks till your stress comes back for chicago haha

If a ref sees spray come off you, even if they don't see a mark, they can call you out.

flickr
danbob1088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:38 AM #36
6shot
Censys Design Lab

6shot plays in the APPA D2 division
my team had a lot of fun! we do wish more d1 teams would compete though. Our 4th place was supposed to get us 800 dollars, but there wasn't enough teams to justify our winnings. I like the idea about bumping winning d2 teams up and losing pro teams down... but on the pro side that probably won't happen. Anyway, fun event!

P.S. field 1 ref's needed more training.

In collaboration with Blacklist Media and Jimmy Hickey Photography.
6shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:21 AM #37
newfie420
ToO FaSt 4 U

newfie420 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
newfie420 supports Team VICIOUS
im so stright forward so just read what i have to say and try and improve

dont like faggets talk in the grandstand,,i was sitting next to a guy that was telling a dynasty player to run the flag in when he was the last guy alive on the feind,,dynasty guy was takin his time, and if was not told to run it in he may have ran the clock out.

the guy that was screamin run the flag in was about to get punched in the face, to avoid that maybe have a few security guys stand on the top row lookin over the crowd..and if you scream anything during the actual game you get removed from the grandstands, and if said anything from the ground, removed from site.

and registration had all of our guys as paid for the online id, and only 4 of us actually had cards made, everyone else had to get new pictures and wait for and hour..even tho we all paid for ours online at the same time months before, whats the point of express if its not express at all.

wating for scores saturday night,,930 is a lil late..maybe earlier next time
newfie420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:39 AM #38
ZeroCoolXDX
Owner 7pb

ZeroCoolXDX is a Supporting Member
I think all the Ref's need more training, but that comes over time. Also, I do think waiting till almost 10pm to find out when we play the next day was a little crazy.

"Never settle for 2nd when 1st is available" - Lou Holtz
ZeroCoolXDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:42 AM #39
ego 321

ego 321 plays in the USPL
ego 321 donated to help Peyton Trent
ego 321 helped look for balloons
ego 321 supports Team VICIOUS
ego 321 is for the Gunfight
ego 321 plays in the APPA D4 division
it was better then PSP phoneix job waitting till 1am sunday
Indianapolis Mutiny fan Club #17 MUTINY ARMY 4 LIFE
VICIOUS
ego 321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:07 PM #40
Konflict87

my main issue was friday morning geting paint. i understand that they are a seperate entity from the league... but when it is said that they will be there at 6 am to sell paint. I dont think that they should still be setting up at 6:20. RPS, and Valken was not there till 645. Kinda sucks when games are at 7am. It would be nice for them to be ready to sell at 6am like any other business would be. otherwise let tteams bring there own paint, as to avoid this conflict. lol. other than that it was a great event for me.
Konflict87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM #41
K-O-L-O-H-E-
Goon

K-O-L-O-H-E- plays in the PSP
K-O-L-O-H-E- donated to help Peyton Trent
K-O-L-O-H-E- has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by egomaniac2372 View Post
i thought the event overall was incredable, the only problem with the hole event is your neglect for your fellow paintball leagues.i know uspl/nppl are, should i say battling, against the psp but that is not how this sport is going to grow and evolve.
our economy revolves around competition and it plays a big role in innovation and expansion. Without the competition of another league, what would motivate the only league to improve? I think its good that we have competing leagues, it forces both leagues to change and improve for the better of the league and its players

Last edited by K-O-L-O-H-E- : 04-18-2010 at 12:12 PM.
K-O-L-O-H-E- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 12:45 PM #42
ZeroCoolXDX
Owner 7pb

ZeroCoolXDX is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ego 321 View Post
it was better then PSP phoneix job waitting till 1am sunday
true that did suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict87 View Post
my main issue was friday morning geting paint. i understand that they are a seperate entity from the league... but when it is said that they will be there at 6 am to sell paint. I dont think that they should still be setting up at 6:20. RPS, and Valken was not there till 645. Kinda sucks when games are at 7am. It would be nice for them to be ready to sell at 6am like any other business would be. otherwise let tteams bring there own paint, as to avoid this conflict. lol. other than that it was a great event for me.
yeah I maybe we will see them be there on time from now on.

"Never settle for 2nd when 1st is available" - Lou Holtz
ZeroCoolXDX is offline   Reply With Quote