Old 01-26-2010, 07:42 PM #1
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
Smile Hydro testing a tank?

Hi all,
I tried to search this in the forums, but I guess there are over 1800 people on (wow, what a number!). Anyhow, I bought a used compressed air tank, since im moving from CO2, to compressed air. Being the impatient guy that I am, I forgot to check the date that it needed to be hydro tested. So as you can tell, im new to paintball. Anyhow, I live in southern California (about 20 min away from SC village, chino), and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the tank tested, if I need to? Would you guys be able to give me an estimate of how much it would cost (I was told just to buy a new tank..but I dont see how $120 would "cost less"). Here is a site that I found, well this is the form, which of these options should I do, if any:
http://www.hydrotester.com/form.htm
Oh and finally, im not sure what the tank type was, but it was a 3000 PSI, and looked like this:
http://www.utahpaintballsupply.com/s...53_general.jpg
Thanks all!
ijinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-26-2010, 07:56 PM #2
Conbar77
"Blam!"

Conbar77 is playing at Living Legends III
Conbar77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Conbar77 supports Team VICIOUS
Option 1:

What i think is the quickest way is to go to your local Sports Chalet ( at the scuba section )with your tank. I've went and it cost me $35 and took about 10 days. It took 10 days because they have to send it to thier head quarter then send it back.

Option 2:
http://www.hydrotester.com/

they do it but with shipping charges and all the other charges, it mostly easier at SportsChalet

option 3:

Go to any Local SCUBA shop. They handle scuba tanks oviously so they need those tested and they may offer testing for your paintball tank. You will have to ask

Another Option:

Go to your local Fire department and ask them. They usally have a testing system to test fire extinguishers and i know my friend who knows a fireman can do it free for them.

I hope this helped. If you have any questions just send me a message. Thanks

██████

Last edited by Conbar77 : 01-26-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Conbar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:04 PM #3
Conbar77
"Blam!"

Conbar77 is playing at Living Legends III
Conbar77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Conbar77 supports Team VICIOUS
P.S

if you payed 120 for that i think u could of got WAY better

██████
Conbar77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:44 PM #4
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
I see, oh yeah I didn't spend 120 haha, I spent 45 if I recall properly, im just saying most HPA's are in the $95+ price range
ijinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:57 PM #5
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Crossfire has a decent hydro testing gig as well. Check em out.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:56 AM #6
CoCoB_Ware
It only takes one...

CoCoB_Ware is playing at Living Legends III
CoCoB_Ware supports Sherwood Forest
Hydrotester is most likely going to be your fastest route. If you take your tank to a local paintball store or scuba shop for a hydrotest, they generally send it out to somewhere else that specifically does hydrotesting. So they generally sit on it for a while and mail out all of the tanks at once, usually once a week. It could take at least a week for it to get done. With Hydrotester, you send it to them, and as long as they get it on a Monday, Wednesday, or a Friday, it gets done right then, and they generally are mailing it back to you. Not too expensive, and fast.
CoCoB_Ware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:32 AM #7
chris@CrossFire

has been a member for 10 years
chris@CrossFire works for a Paintball manufacturer
I would suggest using one of the two companies that are in paintball making the valves and bottles. PSI (ninja) or Crossfire. You will get the most fair and balanced opinion on neglected bottles and reg removal at these two places. Since we work alot with valves (millions each when you include CO2 with regulators) I feel, we are better at taking them off instead of snapping them off.

CrossFire only makes 5 YEAR HYDRO CARBON FIBER TANKS. No more guessing or finding out you got a glass 3 year bottle. You can TRUST CrossFire Hydro to know everything about your bottle and keep you in the game.
chris@CrossFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:58 PM #8
jonesy26

Tri city fire is my local rehydro place (here in upstate ny) they charge $18, So call around.you can get it done fairly cheap!
jonesy26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:27 AM #9
carl1

Paintball Tank Testing: National Cylinder Service is located in Orlando, all testing is done in-house, and we offer fast turnaround service at competitive pricing.
Call Us Today: (407)293-5481
Natcyl.com
Thank you.
carl1 is offline   Reply With Quote