PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-28-2014, 05:53 PM #1
iwasaccident
McLovin

iwasaccident helped look for balloons
Tank leaking from fill nipple.

Hey guys, I have a 68/4500 valken graffiti tank with a crossfire regulator. Today I noticed my tank was leaking from the fill nipple opening, not the threads. I emptied it, took out the nipple replaced the tiny oring on that piston and re-tefloned the threads and screwed it back in. The leak was alot smaller now but still defientely coming from the fill nipple opening. Saw they sell them for 10 bucks on ansgear, should I just go ahead and order a new fill nipple and replace it or could it be the regulator itself?
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2014, 07:18 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

Likely just that fill nipple.

Is it a stealth system reg or one of the older ones? It is probably best to clean and relube the reg internals. You may have received dirty fill(s) and it it the debris and find dust that could be causing the leaky fill nipple.

Also, what kind of material was your replacement o-ring made of? Regular buna (the standard black stuff) doesn't hold up well when used in a spot such as the fill nipple. The filling process is pretty harsh on that o-rimg so a harder material is better suited for the job.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:28 PM #3
iwasaccident
McLovin

iwasaccident helped look for balloons
I have no idea what kind of reg, I bought it used off a coworker. And the oring was a off white/yellow IIRC. But yeah ill get it back to the field and clean it and see if I cant save me some money .
Old 09-29-2014, 11:18 AM #4
lew
Timebomb Generation

has been a member for 10 years
Off white/yellowish would indicate a urethane o-ring, which is generally suited to harsher applications, so you should be good to go there.
lew is offline   Reply With Quote