Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 PM #1
aznkidimpulse

impulse questions

so i just bought my impulse off craigslist today and have some questions.

1. im running compressed air at the moment 47/30 i know i shouldnt be running compressed so whats the best tank the swing twords? (kind of on a budget)
2. should i run high or low pressure? it didnt come with instructions so idk whats the scoop.
3. barrel?
4. any internal upgrades
any info to help me get back into paintballing with my impulse would help a lot thank you
aznkidimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2010, 11:39 PM #2
aznkidimpulse

ssry im talking old impulse guy said he got in like 05 or 06
Old 04-16-2010, 12:40 AM #3
rogerkt

you should be running compressed air, not CO2. The impulse can handle high pressure since it does have a high pressure regulator. Any barrel that has a good paint to bore match. Definitely go NDZ internals. Get a delrin bolt too if you don't have one.
bottom impulse: cricket vision board, ndz rip valve, shocktech supafly bolt, ndz detents, ndz pro-mag trigger
My Impulse 2
☆†☆ Dirty Imp Owners Club ☆†☆
rogerkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:43 AM #4
rogerkt

you should be able to find plenty of upgrades in the Buy, Sell, Trade thread in this forum
bottom impulse: cricket vision board, ndz rip valve, shocktech supafly bolt, ndz detents, ndz pro-mag trigger
My Impulse 2
Old 04-16-2010, 11:13 AM #5
Mega Fish 62
A Bit Impulsive...

Compressed air is your friend! Generally I run highpressure with my impulse I find it to be more consistent. As far as upgrades go, stick with NDZ internals. Rams, hammers, bolts, valves, etc. Check the stickies for more info on these kinds of things. For you're barrel, I've always loved the freak kit. All my guns use them. However they are a bit pricy. If you're on a budget, check out the cp one piece barrels. CP makes some high quality gear. The impulse parts thread here will most likely be your main source of parts. Good luck and hang around here. You will pick it all up relatively quick.

Angel Speed

Dirty Imp's Owners Club
Mega Fish 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:24 PM #6
aznkidimpulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Fish 62 View Post
Compressed air is your friend! Generally I run highpressure with my impulse I find it to be more consistent. As far as upgrades go, stick with NDZ internals. Rams, hammers, bolts, valves, etc. Check the stickies for more info on these kinds of things. For you're barrel, I've always loved the freak kit. All my guns use them. However they are a bit pricy. If you're on a budget, check out the cp one piece barrels. CP makes some high quality gear. The impulse parts thread here will most likely be your main source of parts. Good luck and hang around here. You will pick it all up relatively quick.
Awsome thanks man this helped a lot. I bought the gun for 140 with a 14 inch one piece cp. Cp reg and feedneck. I'm not sire what kind of triger but I'm possitive it's magnetic. did I get ripped? I plan on testin her out on sat so wish me luck. Also what will new ndz hammers and ect all do? Also is there any frames or anything like that I could add to lightn it up a little?
Also what is the diffrnce from me running n2 and compressed air because in the manual it said compressed air is a no no
Old 04-16-2010, 01:16 PM #7
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Please point out where it says to Not run compressed air.. Compressed air is all we use.

You do not want to run CO2.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 PM #8
aznkidimpulse

When I got my impulse yesterdayday no instructions. So I looked online and it said no co2 or compressed air maybe I read it wrong I'm sry.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 PM #9
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
you can run antisiphoned co2 no prob. i used it for the first year i owned my imp till i could afford a decent hpa tank and had no probs at all with it. my eqipment is immaculately kept though. you can't use it and expect to not clean and lube it after every use. even when using hpa there's no excuse to abuse equipment by neglecting preventative maintenance.

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
lamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:45 PM #10
freakspazzatazz
t(-_-t)

freakspazzatazz helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznkidimpulse View Post
I bought the gun for 140 with a 14 inch one piece cp. Cp reg and feedneck. I'm not sire what kind of triger but I'm possitive it's magnetic. did I get ripped?
Did you get ripped off? A little. I would never have payed that much unless it was a rare PL (Private Labeled) Impy. You didn't over-pay too much though. That marker would have been worth $800 5 years ago if that makes you feel any better.

Quote:
I plan on testin her out on sat so wish me luck. Also what will new ndz hammers and ect all do?
All of the upgraded internals will overall improve the performance of the gun. The NDz hammer, for example, is much lighter in weight than the stock hammer, so it will use slightly less air to move it back and forth and it will reduce the strong kick that the stock hammer gives you. All the upgrades do different things to your marker, all improving in one way or another. Don't got out buying every upgrade though (like I did). Just decide what you dislike (or want to improve) on your marker and then buy the part to improve it.

Quote:
Also is there any frames or anything like that I could add to lightn it up a little?
These older Impulses are known for being somewhat heavy. Lightening them is definitely a desire of most owners, yet it's one thing that is nearly impossible to achieve (to an very noticeable extent). You can mill down the gun itself and buy the lighter internals, but overall, you don't gain much. The only way to really reduce your overall weight is to use a small-light tank, and a lighter loader, like the rotor. (It's MUCH lighter than a halo with the 6-battery pack, and runs 5x as long with half the batteries. Win?)

Feel free to ask. We're here to help.
freakspazzatazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:23 PM #11
aznkidimpulse

this is a real stupid question but i dnt have a stock reg i have a cp hp i beleive and i was wondering how in hte world do i turn the velocity up???
sry i know im nubbin haha
Old 04-16-2010, 10:48 PM #12
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic is BST Legit
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Just google Custom Products:

http://www.customproducts.us/downloa...inline_reg.pdf

Using the Set Screw, In in Down, Out is Up.
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:55 PM #13
rogerkt

There is a an adjustment bolt on the side I believe. you turn it counter clockwise to get the velocity up and clockwise to lower the velocity. I don't have a cp reg so hopefully someone can back me up.

I got the info here http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=721043
My Impulse 2
Old 04-16-2010, 11:01 PM #14
aznkidimpulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by msonic View Post
Just google Custom Products:

http://www.customproducts.us/downloa...inline_reg.pdf

Using the Set Screw, In in Down, Out is Up.
ahh yes i re read the impulse instructions and it says to haha my bad
Old 04-17-2010, 04:13 AM #15
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
Arrow

Quote:
........ i dnt have a stock reg i have a cp hp i beleive ........
well then scratch that co2 comment i made. i thought it was running a stock maxflo. i'm not sure cp's like co2. no others beside the maxflo and palmer stabs seem to run too well on co2.

if that's an hp cp reg, you can get an lp kit for it that doesn't cost too much since imps run under 200psi. one little mistake and that hp version can easily blow the noid.

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
lamorte is offline   Reply With Quote