Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 04:24 PM #22
J-dub Sr.
Potato Pete Loves to Eat
 
J-dub Sr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vegas
This has been asked already by numerous people. I do not post any pictures or stats online. Well, at least not on this forum I do not. I have pictures on my bodyspace (no, no links4u). Pelto and Will know what I look like, well, only Pelto knows my stats. I never judged you, did I? I simply laughed at the fact that you stated LEG PRESS when everyone else was talking about squats. If you posted you had lower back issues I would have refrained from laughing at you, but you did not until post-response.
J-dub Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2010, 04:25 PM #23
bluedevil_07
drolin'
 
bluedevil_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Fair enough. But may I ask why you don't post stats or pictures?
__________________
☆☆B/S/T Perfection☆☆
Room sale! Xbox stuff, MW3, Halo Reach, Mustang GT Gears.
Chess Shot Glass Set
2005 Mustang GT Roush Stage 1
bluedevil_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:29 PM #24
J-dub Sr.
Potato Pete Loves to Eat
 
J-dub Sr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil_07 View Post
Fair enough. But may I ask why you don't post stats or pictures?
Just something I have never done since I started. It's not that I'm ugly, 120 lbs, fat, or any of that. I just don't see a reason to have one on here, after all, I am only posting on this sub-forum for some laughs and such. I don't intend to make "friends" with anyone on here. The people that are friends have me on Facebook for that stuff. I rather not have someone take my post seriously (or not) based off of how I look. It's like how there can be some huge people at the gym giving total **** advice, but people listen because they are big. I don't want any of that to occur, so I don't let people know who they are talking to.
J-dub Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:52 PM #25
bluedevil_07
drolin'
 
bluedevil_07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-dub Sr. View Post
Just something I have never done since I started. It's not that I'm ugly, 120 lbs, fat, or any of that. I just don't see a reason to have one on here, after all, I am only posting on this sub-forum for some laughs and such. I don't intend to make "friends" with anyone on here. The people that are friends have me on Facebook for that stuff. I rather not have someone take my post seriously (or not) based off of how I look. It's like how there can be some huge people at the gym giving total **** advice, but people listen because they are big. I don't want any of that to occur, so I don't let people know who they are talking to.
I got you. Usually guys on here talk **** when I post pictures, but it's still fun to show progress.
__________________
☆☆B/S/T Perfection☆☆
Room sale! Xbox stuff, MW3, Halo Reach, Mustang GT Gears.
Chess Shot Glass Set
2005 Mustang GT Roush Stage 1
bluedevil_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:28 PM #26
peltco123 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Trap
 has been a member for 10 years
peltco123 is a Professional paintball player
peltco123 plays in the PSP
peltco123 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil_07 View Post
fixed my form in October of last year but I started in may.

Then
170 lbs
bench 300, probably 260-270 with good form.
Leg press 600?

Now
185 lbs
bench 330 with good form
leg press 800?

Don't max on legs much so those are estimates.
Yeah, I love going to my lifting class and watching people just bounce the weight off their chest. I remember the first time I touched 185 a few weeks ago I got pissed when I let this new weight come down too quickly. Personally really focusing on pausing at the bottom has only helped my bench.
peltco123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:35 PM #27
J-dub Sr.
Potato Pete Loves to Eat
 
J-dub Sr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vegas
I don't feel BB nearly as much as DB. I feel like I can really get the contraction in my chest with DBs.
J-dub Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:06 PM #28
Pyrosive
Jacked
 
Pyrosive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 703
Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Start January 2009
5' 8"
215
Bench: 135
Squat: 225
Dead: 275

Now:
5' 8"
210 (Lol haven't lost a whole lot of weight but I've lost a lot of fat and I'm a hell of a lot more defined now)
Bench: 255
Squat: 385
Deadlift: 500
__________________
"Originally posted by rockingtheomen: That little white dude means I can walk, White dudes always set the rules."
Pyrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:26 PM #29
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
p8ntballoc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
started 3 years ago give or take a month

i was like 5'6 weighed 118 or so.
bench was 85
squat was 145 with good form. i had a legit trainer show me everything
DL was 225. idk why it was so good

i wrestled senior year and dropped down to 111. I weighed 113 when i entered college at 5'7

i'm up to 128 now (weighed myself 4 days ago)
bench 145 x 6 (today)
squat is 145x 10 LOL (it was higher but i just started going past parallel so it should go up)
dead is 265 but i don't max it. i just do 185x10.

i'm gonna drop down to 122-125 by june this summer though. There is no way i can get enough food at home to stay 128.
__________________
"Originally posted by Laureate: day 1:
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"

Last edited by p8ntballoc11 : 04-14-2010 at 06:28 PM.
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:25 PM #30
ChaoticReign Pbt
Invulnerable
 
ChaoticReign Pbt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fitchburg, MA
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_angus View Post
Leg press is still for *****es.
This. That **** is accessory work, not the main event.
__________________
ST:F:Bodybuilding...Thank God for pure natural strength.

Toy: 2009 Kawasaki ZX-14. DD: Stock 1996 5SPD XJ.

Fitchburg State College
ChaoticReign Pbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 PM #31
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Last fall
150lbs

Bench 135
Squat 135, not sure what that was.
Accompanied by heavy drinking.

Now
Around 175

Bench- 210x2
Squat- 225 3x5
Deadlift- horrible 285
Drink alot less and started doing cardio.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:49 PM #32
p8ntballoc11
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
p8ntballoc11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: maryland
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Last fall
150lbs

Bench 135
Squat 135, not sure what that was.
Accompanied by heavy drinking.

Now
Around 175

Bench- 210x2
Squat- 225 3x5
Deadlift- horrible 285
Drink alot less and started doing cardio.
heavy drinking meaning... a lot in one sitting or like multiple times a week?

i drink at least one day on the weekends and sometimes two and i would't say i drink heavy but i get drunk. i'm in college though so if i didn't i would just spend the weekends inside not having any fun. i don't regret it at all
__________________
"Originally posted by Laureate: day 1:
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:50 PM #33
Voxide2 (Banned)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-dub Sr. View Post
Wait, so my wrist and waist size has something to do when determining how big I am? I think not. Sure, I'm short and I have small bones, but that plays not the slightest role when determining how big/muscular I am.
Of course it does. Your bone structure plays a huge role in it. If you are naturally brittle/thin boned then your body is going to have a tough time putting on size.

But obviously you shouldn't just let that stop you. Lift hard and you'll be alright. Don't worry about **** you have no control over.

Last edited by Voxide2 : 04-14-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Voxide2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:56 PM #34
mInImE pB
 
 
mInImE pB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: krunk
 has been a member for 10 years
Summer 2008

6'3
145lbs

bench 135x6?
squat 205x?
dl?


March 2010

6'3
198lbs

bench 260
squat 315
deadlift 330
__________________
APPSTATE
TKO: III
yEah BUDDY!!!!
mInImE pB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 PM #35
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballoc11 View Post
heavy drinking meaning... a lot in one sitting or like multiple times a week?

i drink at least one day on the weekends and sometimes two and i would't say i drink heavy but i get drunk. i'm in college though so if i didn't i would just spend the weekends inside not having any fun. i don't regret it at all
Had a 6 pack or more with friends about every night till it got too cold outside. I was suprised i didnt gain any weight. Now i tend to drink about 2 days a week and only get drunk 1-2 times a month.
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 PM #36
J-dub Sr.
Potato Pete Loves to Eat
 
J-dub Sr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voxide2 View Post
Of course it does. Your bone structure plays a huge role in it. If you are naturally brittle/thin boned then your body is going to have a tough time putting on size.

But obviously you shouldn't just let that stop you. Lift hard and you'll be alright. Don't worry about **** you have no control over.
My wrists feel like they are about to snap doing ez bar curls even, even BB bench hurts my wrists. I'm just not a ***** and I push through it until the muscle targeted gives out. I'm having no trouble putting on mass with that structure as well. Sure, I still have little wrists and ****, but I don't really care about wrist size at this point.
J-dub Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM #37
Pump Revolution
It is what it is
 
Pump Revolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Im fairly certain you already know but i will throw it out anyways. Are you sure you wrists are directly inline with you forearms when you bench, ive had quite a bit of wrist pain and when my wrist are just slightly out of alignment i get pain
__________________
"Originally posted by ']TSS[ Dake: Is anything really TMI in ST:F at this point?"


"Originally posted by Lurker27: inb4 pelt says you're still fat"
Pump Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:32 AM #38
J-dub Sr.
Potato Pete Loves to Eat
 
J-dub Sr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Revolution View Post
Im fairly certain you already know but i will throw it out anyways. Are you sure you wrists are directly inline with you forearms when you bench, ive had quite a bit of wrist pain and when my wrist are just slightly out of alignment i get pain
Yeah lmao, I actually feel LESS pain when they are out of line, but yes, I do make sure they are in line. Thanks for lookin' out though brah. I guess it's just how that much weight on my little wrists pays its toll
J-dub Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump