PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-13-2010, 10:15 PM #1
Ivanrad

SLG question

hello all,
Ive always been appealed by the look of the SLG / Proto / Dye DM look.
As soon as saw the SLG i started to do research about them.
All i really understand about them is they use the same firing mech as many other spool valve guns use and that they are not very reliable..
Im planning on paintball like 6 times every month for fun but i want to enjoy my setup and make sure its reliable.
Please give me honest opinions about the gun and if this is not the right gun please guide me thanks all
aim = xxcracoviaxx
Ivanrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 PM #2
Ivanrad

anyone?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:10 PM #3
iPaintYou
..needs a better username

I didn't have any major problems with mine before I upgraded. I would recommend it as an intermediate gun for sure.
TOXIC RAGE #17
G6R. SL-68 II.
iPaintYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:41 PM #4
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanrad View Post
hello all,
Ive always been appealed by the look of the SLG / Proto / Dye DM look.
As soon as saw the SLG i started to do research about them.
All i really understand about them is they use the same firing mech as many other spool valve guns use and that they are not very reliable..
Im planning on paintball like 6 times every month for fun but i want to enjoy my setup and make sure its reliable.
Please give me honest opinions about the gun and if this is not the right gun please guide me thanks all
aim = xxcracoviaxx
Paintball 6 times a month, huh? That's a lot of paintball.

The SLG is indeed a spool gun, but not like most others. It uses a mechanical sear to catch and release the bolt rather than a small 3 or 4-way valve. It's closest mechanical analogue would actually be the Air Gun Designs E-Mag rather than the other DYE guns.

You've heard right that they're not particularly reliable. SLG's are very finicky guns when it comes to their lubrication- too much or too little will cause the gun to malfunction in any number of amusing ways, including uncontrollable full-automatic fire. The gun also is very picky about the kind and quality of batteries used, as the solenoid that releases the sear requires a lot more juice than most other electronic guns. The quantity of name-brand alkalines an SLG eats up is a hidden cost players don't see when they consider this gun.

Would this be your first gun, Ivanrad?
If not, what do you own now, and what are you looking for in a paintball gun?
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:48 PM #5
Ivanrad

i use to have an ion ... with dynasty body etc... piece of crap.. i really want an slg but is their any solution to that bolt issue maybe buying a new bolt?