Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:22 PM #106
tall white guy
^I regret this^

Annual Supporting Member
tall white guy is an NCPA player
tall white guy plays in the APPA D4 division
on the blackheart for a sft is the abs setting go by ms or by .25 or w/e the dwell goes by? I checked zdspb and couldn't find the answer. anyways the shirps go up to around 25, so is each chirp one ms?

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2010, 09:27 PM #107
bcrguy
F**k S**t Up...

bcrguy is playing at Living Legends VI
bcrguy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by tall white guy View Post
on the blackheart for a sft is the abs setting go by ms or by .25 or w/e the dwell goes by? I checked zdspb and couldn't find the answer. anyways the shirps go up to around 25, so is each chirp one ms?
i know the stock board one chirp is .25 ms.. so in order to get the total you multiply chirps by .25 then add 3ms (minimum dwell)

edit: sorry thought u were asking about the dwell not the ABS.. but for abs it probably is 1 ms increments..
Citrus Connection #88
Old 05-07-2010, 10:36 PM #108
Pballerjosh
User Title Here

Pballerjosh is a Paintball photographer
Pballerjosh plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitcheyMetals View Post
i think its a sd aftermath gun. but i am not sure
Check the Serial Number on the gun,

TESC
Old 05-07-2010, 10:38 PM #109
RitcheyMetals
Dedication to Domination

RitcheyMetals owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RitcheyMetals supports Team VICIOUS
k i will when i get it next week what should i be looking fpr specifically
Old 05-08-2010, 11:01 AM #110
Poppy

Poppy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i have a nxt with dynasty board and im haveing problems with barrel breaks. Iv tryed different paint and bore sizes any way to make it a little gentler on the paint?

sl94!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post78979422
Old 05-08-2010, 11:27 AM #111
Yellowone (Banned)
iiiTeam Hype!!!

Is there anyway to check what year a shocker was made?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:34 PM #112
Umami
"That guy"

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
i have a nxt with dynasty board and im haveing problems with barrel breaks. Iv tryed different paint and bore sizes any way to make it a little gentler on the paint?
Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDSPB.com
Marker experiences barrel breaks.
· Clean the SFT o-ring.
· Reduce paint bore size (if possible)
· Replace the SFT o-ring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitcheyMetals View Post
k i will when i get it next week what should i be looking fpr specifically
I believe the serial number will begin with SD. But I could be completely wrong. If it's a PL, it will not begin with NXT.

Last edited by Umami : 05-08-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:00 PM #113
SpyderElectra713
Galaxy Far Awasted

SpyderElectra713 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
SpyderElectra713 supports Team VICIOUS
SpyderElectra713 is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowone View Post
Is there anyway to check what year a shocker was made?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1992705
Old 05-08-2010, 06:23 PM #114
maxearing

maxearing has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the eyes on my gun have completely stopped working should i replace?

Legalize
Old 05-08-2010, 06:45 PM #115
samuelkeesee12

I have done the polishing mod to my bolt but now when I dry-fire the gun the ball detents scratch the bolt, enough to cause a leak. I have checked the detents and they seem to be working fine and there isn't anything else to cause the scratches. I posted a question about this in the " enigine polishing " thread and someone replied that the anno protects the metal. However, pooty51 said that iff I was getting scratches that bad that I would get scratches like that iff the bolt were still annoed anyway. I was planning on grabbing one of the new bolts coming out ( either the eigenbolt or m98custom's ) and don't want to wait and then spend that much money just to have a bolt that is going to get messed up. I am wondering what I could do to solve this problem.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:57 AM #116
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxearing View Post
my eyes only work for the first few shots then i have to turn them off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Could be something as simple as needing a fresh battery.

Can you give us any more details? What type of Shocker, what board, have you broken a ball, etc?
Quote:
i have a sft shcoker with a virtue board the battery is a fresh brand name, yes i have broken a ball because the eyes are off.
Quote:
im pretty positive and isnt there supposed to be be therelight from the eyes( its not there if there is supposed to be)
Quote:
No, reflective eyes do not work in the visible light spectrum, so you wouldn't see light from them.
Quote:
so do you have any idea to fix it.
Quote:
The fact that your eyes start OK, then stop working, and if they aren't breaking paint before they stop working, doesn't fit any obvious pattern, so there isn't a clear cut answer.

I would still suggest changing the battery, even if you think your current one is good.

As we are talking about a reflective eye, which don't always work well with some types of paint, try a different ball and see if it makes any difference - go for something brightly coloured with a smooth shell for maximum reflectivity.

Beyond that, I would check the things that lead to eye problems in general - make sure that the eye sensor is flat to the ribbon; make sure that the sensor is looking straight in to the breech; make sure that the ribbon isn't damaged; make sure that the ribbon is plugged in ro the upper board the right way around; make sure that the eye logic is set correctly; make sure that there is no screw damage on the upper board; make sure that there is no damage to the harness, and no loose wires; make sure that there are no bent or missings pins in the harness socket.
Quote:
i posted earlier about my eyes and now they have completely stopped to work
Quote:
Did you check all the things that I suggested before?

Do you know anyone else who owns an SFT? If so, try their eyes in your marker and see if that resolves the issue. If it does, then quite simply, your eyes have died and you will need to buy new ones.
Quote:
the eyes on my gun have completely stopped working should i replace?
You never actually posted back to say whether you tried the things I suggested or not. Either the possible faults or whether you had been able to swap eyes or not. It is entirely possible that you need a new set of eyes, but as there are a number of things that could cause eye issues, it is just as likely that you could buy new eyes and still have the same problem. I would check for the other issues first before deciding to but a new set of eyes, or if at all possible, try another set of eyes in your marker, and seeing if that fixes the issue, before buying a set.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:06 AM #117
maxearing

maxearing has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i dont know anyone else with a shocker

Legalize
Old 05-09-2010, 07:09 AM #118
Uziel Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelkeesee12 View Post
I have done the polishing mod to my bolt but now when I dry-fire the gun the ball detents scratch the bolt, enough to cause a leak. I have checked the detents and they seem to be working fine and there isn't anything else to cause the scratches. I posted a question about this in the " enigine polishing " thread and someone replied that the anno protects the metal. However, pooty51 said that iff I was getting scratches that bad that I would get scratches like that iff the bolt were still annoed anyway. I was planning on grabbing one of the new bolts coming out ( either the eigenbolt or m98custom's ) and don't want to wait and then spend that much money just to have a bolt that is going to get messed up. I am wondering what I could do to solve this problem.
I believe that the anodised surface is a little harder than the bare metal, but not a whole lot, and any degree of wear would just start to remove the anodising before too long. Any possibility that your detents are too stiff? They could be jammed with dirt for instance. What king of detents are you using?

Is the bolt really scratching, or just scuffing? Polished bolts will show small marks more obviously.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:56 PM #119
samuelkeesee12

Quote:
I believe that the anodised surface is a little harder than the bare metal, but not a whole lot, and any degree of wear would just start to remove the anodising before too long. Any possibility that your detents are too stiff? They could be jammed with dirt for instance. What king of detents are you using?

Is the bolt really scratching, or just scuffing? Polished bolts will show small marks more obviously.
Its an Octane nxt with stock detents and they seem to be working fine. I took them out and checked. I also kinda tried to clean them but there wasn't anything in them to clean out. And it was scratching it bad enough to make the gun start leaking after about 15-20 shots. I could also feel the scratches with my fingernail. Today I changed my o-rings to some that were a little tighter and I also got to feeling around in the breach and noticed that it felt like there was a little bit of sharp metal from both of the vision eye openings. I took a little bit of 2000 grit sand paper to it and smoothed em out. I aired it up and shot it several times and it seems to be fixed now. I wonder if it was the eye slots and not the detents all along, or maybe the loose fitting o-rings with the eye slots together. Iff the o-rings fit too loosly( they were very loose) it may have allowed the bolt to drop a little in the forward part of the firing cycle and allowed it to ride right on those eye slots. It seems to be working now, but only time will tell.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:48 PM #120
samuelkeesee12

Well now I really got trouble. My bolt-guide bumper blew up. I found a washer that would fit, but its a little thicker. I figured no biggy, it will just keep the bolt a little further in the breech. Well I was wrong. Right off the bat it started leaking from the back of the bolt-guide. I first thought it was leaking in the bolt sleeve so I checked and everything seemed fine. I thought it was the back o-ring on the bolt guide. So I put a little teflon tape around the back o-ring on the bolt guide to see if that was where the leak was coming from. That, for some reason, caused it to start leaking from out the side of the body from the front. I seems to be right at the front of the HE can. Any ideas?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 PM #121
trogdor55
MW WHAT

trogdor55 supports Team VICIOUS
What upgrades would you recommend for a stock sft? I will pretty much be only playing on PSP so high ROF isn't really important. I am mainly looking to make the gun shoot as smooth as possible with minimal kick. I already have virtue, but I am thinking about getting: Eigenbolt and and air vent manifold. What are you thoughts?

Thanks
Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 PM #122
Chad1Sable

has been a member for 10 years
Chad1Sable supports DLX Technology
Just got a VP trigger(its for an Nxt)
Put in my ND shocker
but the solenoid is blocking its path
There is not enough room in the grip frame.
What do I do? don't really want to sand the trigger.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 AM #123
Uziel Gal

What part of the trigger is catching exactly? Presumably the top of the bearing? Did you back out the adjustment screws prior to installation?
Old 05-15-2010, 03:41 PM #124
Chad1Sable

has been a member for 10 years
Chad1Sable supports DLX Technology
I kinda fixed it. I sanded it down to perfection. But when I put my eyes in there. feels like the trigger is making contact with the eye ribbon now. Also what is the best way to fix bent prongs on the wire port on the board?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:22 PM #125
OApb

OApb is for the Gunfight
OApb is for the Gunfight
hey guys, got a question for the brains, im stumped. Have a teammates dynasty NXT and having horrible efficiency. Its got he bolt kit with spring mod by cliff and a virtue board with dwell at 13. hes got a slight amount of dropoff and getting horrible efficiency. He shot a loader and 4 pods on a cold 4k fill on a 68/45 and was left with 1k. one of the PO's attempted the ULP mod on the bolt sleeve and instead of drilling a bunch of small holes, ended up putting some cuts, as if he used too large a drill bit. This is the only thing I can think of that would cause his problems. any thoughts? thanks in advance

gearbag cleanout. Etha/rare jerseys and pants/dynasty shocker
Old 05-16-2010, 02:31 PM #126
caboose117
killer instinct clothing

caboose117 helped look for balloons
caboose117 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
caboose117 plays in the APPA beginner division
caboose117 supports DLX Technology
i got a Q: the screw whole on my dynasty shocker where the vertical adapter attaches is stripped out because the person i bought the gun from is a moron, as well as having the pin missing too, is there anything i can do or anything that is normally done to fix this problem, my dad suggested a helocoil....
so what should i do?