PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-08-2015, 10:05 AM #1
Wicked x Josh

Wicked x Josh is playing at Living Legends V
Looking for the pump communities feedback and ideas

Hello,

Some of you might have seen my post in the pump B/S/T about custom 3D printed pump handles for the Empire Sniper. Well that first version is doing great and people love the improvement. Unfortunately I built that first version kind of as a proof of concept to see of the need for new handles was as big as I may have thought. I designed it off my personal thoughts and needs.

Now it's time for revision 1 and potential all new handles. So I wanted to talk with you guys and get some input first. I've been playing pump for a few years now but with only the Sniper and only woodsball so I can't say I'm very well rounded in this world.

There is a few things I was hoping to talk with you guys about. First being your current and previous pump markers and what you liked and disliked about their handles. Both sides are just as important when working on a new design. Also if you use a hit man style mod.

Second is a little more technical. Could you possibly post measurements for whatever handles you might have at your disposal. I've spent some time looking and I haven't been able to find much. Main measurements would be overall length and width at the widest point. You don't have to do anything fancy like a dimensioned blueprint (but if you did then I would love you), just a message like "L is 4.5" and W is 1.5" or something. Any feed back can help be better understand the range of what's currently out there and what's preferred.

Also include any info like what I mentioned above about dislikes or likes of you didn't already above. No point in finding out the average length of handles is 4" if everyone thinks it's too short.

Third thing is if you have ever had any idea for a handle you wish was out there or a feature a handle included. With 3D printing can do some different things that traditional manufacturing might have not been able to. So throw any crazy idea you might have had out there.

Any input would be great and can't wait to hear from you,

Thanks,
Josh
Wicked x Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2015, 02:03 PM #2
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think a vertical or angled (maybe 45*) pump handle would be something to look into.

My pump handle seems massive compared to others I have seen and used. I would have to go home to give measurements .

Personally, I have found under cocking kits more comfortable and hitman setups useful.

If I were to make a pump handle for me personally, I would combine a regular pump handle with the hitman mod with something like a Magpul Angled Forend grip.

Last edited by paintzapper : 07-08-2015 at 02:06 PM.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 02:09 PM #3
Wicked x Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
I think a vertical or angled (maybe 45*) pump handle would be something to look into.

My pump handle seems massive compared to others I have seen and used. I would have to go home to give measurements .

Personally, I have found under cocking kits more comfortable and hitman setups useful.

If I were to make a pump handle for me personally, I would combine a regular pump handle with the hitman mod with something like a Magpul Angled Forend grip.
Great to hear this. I am actually about 50% done making a model of exactly what you described. An AFG inspired pump handle.

It was my plan to make one of these first but the model is a little more complex so I took the easy road just to get something done quick.

I hope to have this idea finished by this weekend.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:40 PM #4
Cdn_Cuda
Balls to You!

Cdn_Cuda owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I've only used two pump kits, CCM and White Wolf. While I like my current CCM with ez grip, I actually miss my white wolf kit. Specifically I missed being able to easily unscrew the cocking rod from the pump handle. It made the marker a breeze to clean and tear down and I never had an issue of the pump rod falling out either.

And for reference, both pump kits were on karnivor bodies.
Cdn_Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:05 PM #5
BigPumpPlayer

BigPumpPlayer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I like the ccm stock round handles for general use but if I had to have one handle to use forever, no hesitation I would use the check-it Vendetta handle. Easy to look up pics online, not sure about dimensions but you can see it on various markers for reference.

It has grooves on the sides and a nice angled finger notch on the front that is just so perfect. I wish I could buy a package of 5-6 of those and use them for every pump I have, especially if they ever came in colors/clear.
Proud BOB WHITE #52
ANTIDOTE Twister LV1
2015 BPS Twister Autococker
Bob Long MVP
Texas Sunset Orracle Pump
Hitman Custom MI Orracle Autococker
SSC Gas-Thru Phantom
Modded Gas-Thru Sterling STP
BigPumpPlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:31 PM #6
Wicked x Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPumpPlayer View Post
I like the ccm stock round handles for general use but if I had to have one handle to use forever, no hesitation I would use the check-it Vendetta handle. Easy to look up pics online, not sure about dimensions but you can see it on various markers for reference.

It has grooves on the sides and a nice angled finger notch on the front that is just so perfect. I wish I could buy a package of 5-6 of those and use them for every pump I have, especially if they ever came in colors/clear.
Have never seen that handle before but I like it. The grip I mentioned in the previous post originally was going to have a indent in the front similar to this one.

It seems pretty short too. I like that.

And as for other markers I would love to design for more than the sniper. Just need to get my hands on other markers. Might be a good excuse to expand my collection

Last edited by Wicked x Josh : 07-09-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:48 AM #7
Wicked x Josh

Well I just had to make an attempt at the handle mentioned above. Made a few changes to get it how I liked. Will print one out tomorrow to see how it looks and feels in person.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:55 AM #8
BigPumpPlayer

Ugh don't toy with my emotions lol
Proud BOB WHITE #52
ANTIDOTE Twister LV1
Bob Long MVP
SSC Gas-Thru Phantom
Old 07-10-2015, 09:46 AM #9
wc!
In periculo, nos jubete

wc! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
wc! donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked x Josh View Post
An AFG inspired pump handle.
I'm diggin this. If you work the back to be vertical instead of angled and still have the opening, it may even double as a hitman style finger grip. The trick is keeping it small, light, durable, and not gaudy.

Good luck!
wc! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:17 PM #10
Wicked x Josh

Quote:
Ugh don't toy with my emotions lol
I know, I'm sorry. I saw you didn't own a sniper
Old 07-10-2015, 03:37 PM #11
dreadmuppet
Reeks of class

Annual Supporting Member
I will buy an AFG for a Phantom immediately. I actually picked on up for a rifle but I am too lazy to tap it.
IF I DO NOT SHOOT YOU MY TEAMMATE WILL
eBay FEEDBACK
Did we take video or photos of you looking awesome? -->NHW Paintball Facebook
dreadmuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 05:46 PM #12
Wicked x Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadmuppet View Post
I will buy an AFG for a Phantom immediately. I actually picked on up for a rifle but I am too lazy to tap it.
Unfortunately I don't own a phantom. If you could get me a accurate measurement's and a description of how it mounts I could probably work on it.

Or you could mail me your phantom to get the data from
Old 07-11-2015, 09:57 PM #13
Wicked x Josh

Well I got a few tweaks I need to do to make this part print better and fit a little better but its almost done.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:57 PM #14
BigPumpPlayer

Uh oh suckas... This guy just got a sniper!

If you make the vendetta style handle please hit me up, I will take at least one. And as a heads up, the bottom lip of the finger groove on the front should be a bit less pronounced and rounded off I think, it is a very smooth front on them that has a infer groove but nothing your finger can be caught in. Super stoked about the potential of you making one of these naughty handles.

WOOT!
Proud BOB WHITE #52
ANTIDOTE Twister LV1
Bob Long MVP
SSC Gas-Thru Phantom
Old 07-12-2015, 04:01 PM #15
BigPumpPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked x Josh View Post
Well I just had to make an attempt at the handle mentioned above. Made a few changes to get it how I liked. Will print one out tomorrow to see how it looks and feels in person.
The pics here are so exciting. Another thing on them is that what made them so damn great is that they sat a bit further from the barrel and the top section was rounded off but thick enough to allow the index finger to rest there, the middle finger into the groove and then the thumb/bottom fingers wrapped around on the side milling. God I miss the vendetta
Proud BOB WHITE #52
ANTIDOTE Twister LV1
Bob Long MVP
SSC Gas-Thru Phantom
Old 07-12-2015, 04:05 PM #16
Wicked x Josh

Quote:
Uh oh suckas... This guy just got a sniper!

If you make the vendetta style handle please hit me up, I will take at least one. And as a heads up, the bottom lip of the finger groove on the front should be a bit less pronounced and rounded off I think, it is a very smooth front on them that has a infer groove but nothing your finger can be caught in. Super stoked about the potential of you making one of these naughty handles.

WOOT!
Welcome to the club! Glad to know I maybe potentially caused someone to give the sniper a try.

As for the changes I can easily make that design tweak you mentioned. I'm probably going to print one out tonight too. I'll have photos in a little.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:54 PM #17
Wicked x Josh

Quote:
The pics here are so exciting. Another thing on them is that what made them so damn great is that they sat a bit further from the barrel and the top section was rounded off but thick enough to allow the index finger to rest there, the middle finger into the groove and then the thumb/bottom fingers wrapped around on the side milling. God I miss the vendetta

Hows this look? And as for the top I tried to keep that roundness to it. I am going to start printing one now.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:06 PM #18
BigPumpPlayer

Sir, that pic to me is Jennifer Aniston hot. When you have one made how you like to sell, I will be right here buddy.

And it was a combo of three things that made me grab a sniper, all things I am surprised by too.

-Got a great price on a mint one in my preferred color for markers.

-I want this handle so bad on a gun I have phantom feelings of my old handle lol.

-I wanted a pump that I could toss the new Alien Morph valve in to see how it works. This one is really wild as I genuinely dislike Alien PB and Jack, but to their credit many people really love their products so they are doing something right.

Look forward to seeing the finished print!
Proud BOB WHITE #52
ANTIDOTE Twister LV1
Bob Long MVP
SSC Gas-Thru Phantom
Old 07-12-2015, 06:09 PM #19
BigPumpPlayer

Hey, another thing... I NEED this for the sniper but are you able to do handles for the Bob long MVP? Would be extremely easy to adapt and that market is sorely lacking, you'd make a killing sir. The handles have no screw ins in the back but just a slit on top for the guide rod/plate and two screws mount it to the handle from above. Do a vendetta for that and watch you be overbooked for business for months!!! Dibs on an early one lol
Proud BOB WHITE #52
ANTIDOTE Twister LV1
Bob Long MVP
SSC Gas-Thru Phantom
Old 07-12-2015, 06:11 PM #20
BigPumpPlayer

Couple pics of my old pump with a vendetta if you didn't have enough pics to see what was up already
Proud BOB WHITE #52
ANTIDOTE Twister LV1
Bob Long MVP
SSC Gas-Thru Phantom
Old 07-12-2015, 06:46 PM #21
Wicked x Josh

I've always wanted an MVP actually. Might have to see what I can find in the used market now.