PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-12-2016, 09:21 PM #1
ThePewPewMafia
Pew Pew Pew

Barrel Options for CCI Phantom?

I've been searching for awhile and I haven't narrowed it down at all so I would love to hear all of your opinions on barrels for the Phantom! Price isn't an issue and neither is efficiency. And are Freak barrels as great as some people make them sound? (Its hard to narrow down the search for a barrel when everyone swears their barrel is the best!)
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2016, 10:03 PM #2
honculada
Pump OT

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
honculada is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
honculada is Boss
honculada supports Ninja Paintball
Freak bored CCI barrel

"Originally posted by CCM CHICK: LoL! There is soooo something wrong with you! ;)"

"Sometimes I wear yoga pants to checkout my own ***!" Me
honculada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:24 PM #3
Bartman

Annual Supporting Member
Bartman is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Bartman donated to help Peyton Trent
 is playing at Dead Legends
Bartman supports Bob Gurnsey
Bartman supports Ninja Paintball
have to agree a freek bored CCI barrel is the way to go. I just got one direct from Mike about 6 months ago its awesome

Bart
"Garage Mod Shop"
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 11:53 PM #4
ThePewPewMafia
Pew Pew Pew

That seems to be the popular opinion! I guess if no ones gonna argue I'll have to go with a Freak bored CCI barrel.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:04 AM #5
Bartman

Annual Supporting Member
Bartman is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Bartman donated to help Peyton Trent
 is playing at Dead Legends
Bartman supports Bob Gurnsey
Bartman supports Ninja Paintball
Mike had them on sale a while back, and the best part abut it, is if you have a CCI factory Ano he probably has a matching barrel for it

Bart
"Garage Mod Shop"
Bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 12:16 AM #6
Frank_W

Frank_W has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The bored CCI barrel is awesome. No reason to use anything else... Unless it's a Carter Whoosh...

Frank_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 09:32 AM #7
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Duckies

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CCI C-bored barrel is a stock freak bored barrel. It's the best barrel for the phantom.

Sometimes boring a phantom barrel can make it weak due to an Oring slot on non C-bore barrels. I have both and haven't had an issue but there is potential for one. Making the C-Bore the best option.

There are bodies that alow for cocker threaded barrels just keep in mind that adds other issues into the mix due to the larger exterior diameter can create clearance issues with a lot of setups.

I have may favorite cocker barrels I use on everything but my phantom. Whatever you chose it's very important that you get one with bore options.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:31 PM #8
ThePewPewMafia
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
CCI C-bored barrel is a stock freak bored barrel. It's the best barrel for the phantom.

Sometimes boring a phantom barrel can make it weak due to an Oring slot on non C-bore barrels. I have both and haven't had an issue but there is potential for one. Making the C-Bore the best option.

There are bodies that alow for cocker threaded barrels just keep in mind that adds other issues into the mix due to the larger exterior diameter can create clearance issues with a lot of setups.

I have may favorite cocker barrels I use on everything but my phantom. Whatever you chose it's very important that you get one with bore options.
Is the clearance issue the same issue the DeadlyWinds has? Making an undercocking kit a must?
Old 09-14-2016, 03:40 AM #9
Frank_W

Frank_W has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The C-bored barrel is basically the regular barrel that's bored for freak inserts. No problem using the over-barrel pump.
Frank_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 04:26 PM #10
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Duckies

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePewPewMafia View Post
Is the clearance issue the same issue the DeadlyWinds has? Making an undercocking kit a must?
Clearance issues come from the outside diameter of cocker threads and the barrels designe. Phantom threads have a small Outside diameter that stays consistent from end to end. The markers Under cocking and over barrel kits are designed around the small diameter barrels. Some cocker barrels clear some don't. Just something to keep in mind with a cocker threaded body.

I use the C-bore and Freak bored stock barrel because the freak incerts give you all kinds of options for sizing paint. Something that is very important with a phantom for a number of reasons. I have used the PHD barrel Dye barrel and Lapco as long as paint fits them they shoot great. But the ability to take freak incerts trumps them all due to its versatility.

Deadly winds also makes a freak incert barrel in CCI threads I believe. I'm just not a fan of CF barrels.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box : 09-14-2016 at 04:30 PM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote