Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-12-2010, 06:45 PM #1
JackandBlood

Kudos to Vanguard & question about balanced valve

I was impressed by your booth at HB on the gloomy finals sunday. I especially liked the general professionalism and class on the part of your booth workers and your product display and promotional items. The business card I took, looks like the business card of a major architectural firm. The Creed is not in my price range, but I can vouch at least that if I was in the market for a marker in that price range, Vanguard's impressive attention to detail in all aspects of what I saw on HB sunday would sway me.

I was told the Creed differs from other poppet valve stacked tube designs in having a balanced valve. I've seen these as aftermarket upgrades for other markers but have not really seen the actual parts and what makes them different than standard valve designs. If someone can post pics of the lower tube internals, that would be very helpful for ppl interested in the Creed vs. other markers in the price range.
These are crappy pics but you can see the promotional items and business card design just exude class and professionalism

Last edited by JackandBlood : 04-12-2010 at 09:21 PM.
JackandBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2010, 09:10 PM #2
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
If you could Please do me a Favor and Black out My Phone # that is on the Card. I do not need to Have people calling with other Then tech Questions or inquires of buying a marker. In other words I would not like to have the kids calling 24hours a day PLEASE!!!!!!
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM #3
JackandBlood

sure i thought it was blurry enough but i;ll do that.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:11 PM #4
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

I would answer your Question but I would really like to see what our creed owners have to say about the marker I will keep checking back into the thread to make sure we have taken care of your needs. I will make sure people get in here to help you out and make it a full discussion thread.

Thank you
Eric
Old 04-12-2010, 09:29 PM #5
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
Internals here, straight from the creed website www.creedmarker.com

By the way, good luck with your marker project. I'm following it here and on punkworks.

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:37 PM #6
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

MAn I was going to post that pic right now..LOL
Old 04-13-2010, 09:49 AM #7
JackandBlood

cool thanks. As for my project. Well besides toying around with the idea of relocating the lpr, I dont have any ideas that make it unique. I'll think of something.

Oh and congrats on Vanguard winning their division. Clearly the company is in touch with the paintball community to put together a championship team so quick. And clearly the equipment was doing its job too.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:53 PM #8
JackandBlood

Question. I cant visualize how it works. I know it's a legit improvement over standard design valve stems because I've seen the ones made as upgrades for other markers evaluated by sources I trust. If I can get a brief conceptual explanation. I cant buy a Creed myself but I talk alot of paintball tech with a whole lot of ppl, so if the system makes good sense to me I can offer my endorsement.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:29 PM #9
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Basically what happens is that the high pressure air in the chamber is also directed to the opposite side of the poppet. That way you have the same amount of energy pushing the poppet closed as you do pushing it open.. That means less energy is needed to open the valve since you only have to overcome the tension of the spring, and the friction of the added orings. That in turn means you can use a lighter rammer, for a softer feeling gun.

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S

DM12 red with matching Boomy F/s
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:46 AM #10
JackandBlood

oh i'm connecting the dots now. This is tech that was patented under the aftermarket brand Lucky. Vanguard is the evolution of Lucky Products into a full fledged marker manufacturer. I remember Manike was evaluating the Lucky aftermarket part for Intimidators(?). I recalled Manike viewed the product favorably (which is a huge statement. As a part of the industry, I understand Manike cannot denounce a product/competitor. But he can complement a product. A rare and significant gesture).

I like Vanguard's classy, low key marketing. But if this tech is not availible in any other marker, why mince words? Simply say this marker is scientifically credited as the smoothest and lowest kick marker in its class. People looking for a stacked tube style poppet valve electro pnuematic do want to know what differentiates one companies' over another's since there are many in the category. Eclipse is the undisputed leader in this class of marker, holding the position of incumbent. The new Alien marker makes itself distinct by marketing of the sweep system. If the Creed's valve system provides unique benefits, I think that fact ought to be made known. =)

Just a marketing suggestion =).
Old 04-24-2010, 08:19 AM #11
Jim

Jim is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jim has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well I for one agree with you but I think sometimes things are better left unsaid. When I was speaking with Eric about purchasing the gun I asked dozens of questions. His advice? Shoot one. I think that is what sells the gun. You can have whatever you want in print but what matters most is how it shoots. Marketing in paintball tends to make many "claims" yet, few if any hold true. What you put on a website or have some people post her on PbNation counts for crap if your product sucks. Luckily, for Vanguard they don't need flimsy false advertisements to try and capture naive players. The Creed stands on it's own.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote