First let me start by thanking you for supporting PbNation. We appreciate your contribution to the paintball community and we wanted to give you a sneak peek of the new version of PbNation.com.
We've been listening as people have been making site suggestions.
You guys wanted less ads.
You wanted more screen real estate space so you could see more text per page.
You want to see new things on the site without having to go to Updates.
However, you still want the same basic feel you have come to expect out of PbNation. We hope we've accomplished that with this new revision. It's not a major departure from the existing layout, but we think it's pretty cool.
We want to do more than tell you about it though. We wanted to give you a chance to actually use the new version of PbNation before everyone else.
If you're interested, follow the url below and you will be able to opt in to our new Beta tester program.
What exactly has changed?
- For starters, there's one less ad on the page. The skyscraper ad that was on the far right is gone.
- The rectangle banner (previously located in the upper right corner) was made slightly larger and moved to the opposite side of the page.
- Since we have more space horizontally, there is now a button for the FAQ on the navigation bar.
- We've introduced a new PbNation News links at the top of the page to keep you aware of what's new on PbNation.
- We also have a Community Focus area which will highlight interesting threads and happenings in the paintball community.
When you're done testing, or if you want to revert to the old layout, simply visit the page mentioned above.
We're eager to hear your feedback about the new layout, and hope you enjoy it!
I haven't removed the ability to hide the field & store finder, I just have it disabled for the purposes of the beta. When this goes live, I'll be defaulting everyone back to "show", and re-enabling the ability for you to hide it should you feel the need to.
The PbNation logo background color will be fixed when this goes live. It's just a side effect of the beta program.