Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 PM #211
Johnypenguin
 
 
Johnypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida
Johnypenguin posts videos on PbNation
Johnypenguin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Johnypenguin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Johnypenguin has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
To me 50 cal should be an option to the players. Only because it has been tested that it will go as far as 68 but will not hit at the same speed of a 68 cal bullet because it simply dosent have the weight to carry the momentum. To me personally i think it would be cool if they made a game type with 50 were it is a really small field.
Johnypenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2010, 05:25 PM #212
Spitlebug
I'm rule 34...
 
Spitlebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The place men fear.
Spitlebug is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spitlebug donated to help Peyton Trent
Spitlebug has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnypenguin View Post
To me 50 cal should be an option to the players. Only because it has been tested that it will go as far as 68 but will not hit at the same speed of a 68 cal bullet because it simply dosent have the weight to carry the momentum. To me personally i think it would be cool if they made a game type with 50 were it is a really small field.
So wait, you want to call paintballs "bullets", then you say they fly the same distance, but then you want a smaller field because the paint won't break?

Sounds to me like you don't know what you are saying because you know what you are saying.
__________________
Administrator - www.icd-owners.com - For all your ICD needs.
Hyaaaaaaah! Take that Small Talk, may you rot in the fires of paintball hell.
Spitlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:54 PM #213
cjlovi
Exposing
 
cjlovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Poor Morals and Ethics
 has been a member for 10 years
cjlovi donated to help Peyton Trent
cjlovi owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cjlovi supports our troops
50Cal isn't a bad thing! It keeps the market competitive which ultimately keeps our costs (the player) expenses down!

It's in it's infancy stages! Give it some time and it will be the norm! Look at the evolution of Paintball Markers.

Who would have ever thought a marker could achieve 30+ BPS and not break a ball! Then when it's achieved the bps rates for tourneys drop to 12.5.

50Cal is inevitable. Work to better it now or don't complain later when your equipment is worthless!

Manufactures are looking for answers to ultimately reduce the overall cost of conversion to the player.

Your either part of the problem or part of the solution!
__________________
Do you have any idea how many politicians, in an attempt to save money are allowing child molesters, rapist's, child porn morons to roam free to cut expenses.

Vote "NO" on in home incarceration!
cjlovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:21 AM #214
Spitlebug
I'm rule 34...
 
Spitlebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The place men fear.
Spitlebug is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spitlebug donated to help Peyton Trent
Spitlebug has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlovi View Post
50Cal isn't a bad thing! It keeps the market competitive which ultimately keeps our costs (the player) expenses down!

It's in it's infancy stages! Give it some time and it will be the norm! Look at the evolution of Paintball Markers.

Who would have ever thought a marker could achieve 30+ BPS and not break a ball! Then when it's achieved the bps rates for tourneys drop to 12.5.

50Cal is inevitable. Work to better it now or don't complain later when your equipment is worthless!

Manufactures are looking for answers to ultimately reduce the overall cost of conversion to the player.

Your either part of the problem or part of the solution!
You know I love ya cjlovi... but I feel you are 100% incorrect. I feel that the re-introduction of 50 caliber to the paintball market has done nothing but spur profiteering and fracturing an already divided marketplace.
__________________
Administrator - www.icd-owners.com - For all your ICD needs.
Hyaaaaaaah! Take that Small Talk, may you rot in the fires of paintball hell.
Spitlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 07:25 AM #215
cjlovi
Exposing
 
cjlovi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Poor Morals and Ethics
 has been a member for 10 years
cjlovi donated to help Peyton Trent
cjlovi owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cjlovi supports our troops
You know I respect your opinion! I'm going to have to start watching the topic more closely.

How have you been! Long time no chat! Since the ICD Days!
__________________
Do you have any idea how many politicians, in an attempt to save money are allowing child molesters, rapist's, child porn morons to roam free to cut expenses.

Vote "NO" on in home incarceration!
cjlovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 AM #216
Spitlebug
I'm rule 34...
 
Spitlebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The place men fear.
Spitlebug is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spitlebug donated to help Peyton Trent
Spitlebug has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlovi View Post
You know I respect your opinion! I'm going to have to start watching the topic more closely.

How have you been! Long time no chat! Since the ICD Days!
I'm good. It is good to see some of us old farts still kicking around!
__________________
Administrator - www.icd-owners.com - For all your ICD needs.
Hyaaaaaaah! Take that Small Talk, may you rot in the fires of paintball hell.
Spitlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 PM #217
OKC - Espire
Fixer of Broken Stuff
 
OKC - Espire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Milwaukie, OR
OKC - Espire donated to help Peyton Trent
OKC - Espire has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
OKC - Espire has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
OKC - Espire has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlovi View Post
50Cal isn't a bad thing! It keeps the market competitive which ultimately keeps our costs (the player) expenses down!

It's in it's infancy stages! Give it some time and it will be the norm! Look at the evolution of Paintball Markers.

Who would have ever thought a marker could achieve 30+ BPS and not break a ball! Then when it's achieved the bps rates for tourneys drop to 12.5.

50Cal is inevitable. Work to better it now or don't complain later when your equipment is worthless!

Manufactures are looking for answers to ultimately reduce the overall cost of conversion to the player.

Your either part of the problem or part of the solution!
The biggest flaw to date regarding .50 cal is calling it a replacement. Majority of paint throwers do not care to replace the thousands they have invested in .68 caliber. So when introducing something like .50 cal, and calling it Paintball 2.0, or the replacement for .68 caliber, you have now backed yourself into a corner with irate people. That stated, the majority will not be interested because they feel as they are being pressured. In a tough economy already here in the States, you definitely do not want the people making you public enemy number 1, which is exactly what happened with .50 cal.

The smart ploy on .50 cal would have been the paintball alternative at a cheaper price. Therefore people hear they can save money, its an alternative and not being shoved down their throats, and no hostility.
Putting it in the player hands and letting them maybe hype it as a possible replacement is one thing, manufacturers cant do that.

I like .50 cal, and wish they would push .43 cal as well. I think options in paintball will ultimately help grow the sport more. But to start calling it a replacement and its something the manufacturers decided and not the people, then congratulations, you have just been promoted from Company Employee to unemployment.
__________________
Espire
OKC - Espire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 10:26 PM #218
custar
 
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Norman, OK
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC - Espire View Post
The biggest flaw to date regarding .50 cal is calling it a replacement. Majority of paint throwers do not care to replace the thousands they have invested in .68 caliber. So when introducing something like .50 cal, and calling it Paintball 2.0, or the replacement for .68 caliber, you have now backed yourself into a corner with irate people. That stated, the majority will not be interested because they feel as they are being pressured. In a tough economy already here in the States, you definitely do not want the people making you public enemy number 1, which is exactly what happened with .50 cal.

The smart ploy on .50 cal would have been the paintball alternative at a cheaper price. Therefore people hear they can save money, its an alternative and not being shoved down their throats, and no hostility.
Putting it in the player hands and letting them maybe hype it as a possible replacement is one thing, manufacturers cant do that.
Wisdom here.

custar
__________________
Are the Geisterjagers over the top?
Well, let's just say "The Top" is barely a speck in our rear view mirror.


"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 12:17 AM #219
TheFriendlyType
Feel Free To Explore Me!
 
TheFriendlyType's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
I personally think .50 calibers hurt a lot less than others and are better for close-range shooting which is better for face to face combat.
TheFriendlyType is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump