PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-28-2010, 10:14 PM #1
bolt-action
pump action menace

68/4500 on my mag?

been out of paintball for awhile. just gathered up all my stuff out of the closet and i have my pretty much brand new minimag i put together about 8 years ago. the valve says 3000 psi rating. does the mean I cant use a 68/4500 psi tank on it? what kind of reg do i need to be able to run this tank.

sorry if i sound like a fool.

-SW
bolt-action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 PM #2
DMex
AKA: Ando

That's just the holding pressure in the tank not what it puts out. As long as the tank output is 800+ psi, your fine. Drop some oil in the valve and it should start right up.
DMex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 PM #3
bolt-action
pump action menace

wow, thanks for the quick reply. ok, well, like i said i pretty much just threw this gun together and never used it. so if i just run it with the gas thru forgrip to a regular ASA on the drop forward, it should be fine? or should there be an additional regulator somewhere? I bought this gun new in 2000 or 2001 and i'm pretty sure it has never fired a paintball. never got it going after i installed the level 10. I want to change that.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:04 PM #4
DMex

No need for another regulator. The back part of the valve is a reg. Just screw your tank in the ASA and let it rip.

I pulled this off of MCB. Something I wrote over there for someone with lvl 10 problems.

Install your lvl 10 per the diagram....

...with the 2.0 carrier and NO shims.

Air up your marker and fire a few shots. If your not leaking out the front, go up a carrier (2.5). Rinse and repeat till it starts leaking the go back a carrier. Your lvl 10 is now tuned. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SAME PT ORING (#9 white oring, goes inside the carrier) WHEN GOING UP OR DOWN CARRIERS...VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY IMPORTANT.

Your shims are only used if your bolt isn't resetting right after you trip your newly installed lvl 10. Go ahead and stick something down the feedtube or the front of the marker and trip it. If it doesn't reset (leaks) add a shim and trip the lvl 10 again. Rinse and repeat till your bolt is resetting properly.

As for your bolt spring. Doesn't mater too much which one you have installed (gold, red or gray). One thing to remember, the longer it is, the easier it's going to be on the paint. I found that the red spring is the all around spring to use. The gray one isn't meant so much to be used as is. It's for those that want to tinker with their lvl 10 sensitivity. Don't worry about it till you get a better understanding of the setup.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:24 PM #5
bolt-action
pump action menace

thanks a ton. i took it apart a couple days ago and i had the shims on the wrong side of the the carrier. fixed that and i gassed it up and it would partially pressurize the trigger. i turned the velocity screw up some and heard the trigger kick in and it shot a could times but then went back to not shooting. was'nt leaking down the barrel or anywhere else. the tank only had about 1200 psi in it though. not really sure whats goin on.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:26 AM #6
DMex

Might be getting bolt stick. 2 ways to fix that. Go up in your carrier size and ck your bolt spring. If the spring is flushed with the tip of your bolt (or close to it) you need to replace it, the spring should be about 1/4 in away from the bolt face.

If your spring is fine then your carrier is too tight. Tune the lvl 10 like I showed you and try it again.

Make sure you oil everything since it's been sitting for so long. Break the valve down and manually oil the parts. If you have a QD at the valve. Disconnect it and add about 5 drops. If there's no QD, drop about 8-10 drops in your ASA and fire it off about 20 times (remove your barrel when doing this).

If your tank is below 800 psi, don't bother trying to trouble shoot it. Fill it up and mess with it at a later time.

Last edited by DMex : 04-29-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:15 PM #7
bolt-action
pump action menace

will do. thanks for all the good advice. ill make another post if i have any problems.