Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-10-2010, 11:11 PM #22
Clint Eastwood (Banned)

Craigslist is fine. Nothing wrong with it, many people put cars they are selling on autotrader on Craigslist as well. Just depends on who is selling it mostly. It's free to list on usually, so everyone uses it.

I'd rather a used car via private party than any type of dealer every time.
Clint Eastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 11:24 PM #23
ForgottenSoup
NO CHICKEN IN THIS SOUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego_Trip View Post
Bought both my cars from a dealership, it's owned by a family friend who hooks us up though.

Most dealerships will still give a warranty on used cars they sell, even if it's for 90 days. Buying from a private party is at your own risk. I would suggest taking the car to a trusted mechanic to see if their are any problems before you purchase.

Edit: Seems like everyone's already mentioned the Pro & Cons.
Why did you even reply? What you went through is not a likely scenario and is not a situation he'll be going through.

I ain't got no mo' fun cars
ForgottenSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 11:32 PM #24
DerMaverick
|TRUTH|

Quote:
Originally Posted by plushdragon View Post
if your buying are car where you are deployed then dont. you wont know if any of the cars have been damaged in the earth quake and repaired unless the mec you have is a real good one. if it for when you get back to the usa you can also try or look into the paper for when a rental car company clears there rental fleet. some may still have some of the factory warranty or be able to put an extended warranty. also a lot of dealers will sell program cars (cars used to bring people to and from the dealership). when they hit x miles they sell them. you can get a good discount on these cars. there also car auction if you know a friend that can buy from one.
you my friend, missed the boat entirely on this one.