PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-10-2010, 12:51 PM #1
vatowithagun
Pinche mexican

mq2 valve?

just bought an wgp sr and wanted to know other than improving efficiency what are the benifits of putting a mq2 valve in the sr? planning on using it in some toruney practices and just having the gun around for fun. i will have it capped at 12 bps and playing psp rule tourneys. Is the valve worth the money.
thanks all!!
vatowithagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2010, 01:27 PM #2
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
the valve r worth the money but for some reason it might void your warranty
Old 04-10-2010, 01:41 PM #3
lsongj721

Meh about the warranty.

Just get the MQ2 valve and enjoy the benefits.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:07 PM #4
vatowithagun
Pinche mexican

i just want to know what the benifits are because i dont know what they are. From what i read its more effecient and less kick at high rof but playing what i will be neither of those are a huge factor.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:47 PM #5
lsongj721

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatowithagun View Post
i just want to know what the benifits are because i dont know what they are. From what i read its more effecient and less kick at high rof but playing what i will be neither of those are a huge factor.
Lower LPR/no hammer=Less kick
Efficiency is subjective. Some say you can tune a regular valve/sweetspot to be more efficient.

If you're going to be shooting at high ROF, shooting an MQ will be better.
Once you get it in there, you wont regret it
Old 04-10-2010, 09:39 PM #6
hansolo8221

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsongj721 View Post
Once you get it in there, you wont regret it
I couldn't resist..........

That's what she said!
hansolo8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:18 PM #7
lsongj721

^ lol ya, i thought about that after i posted.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:01 PM #8
busman33
Moe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsongj721 View Post
Meh about the warranty.

Just get the MQ2 valve and enjoy the benefits.
i've been looking to get an mq2 for my sr for awhile. i hesitated when compulsive last had them in stock and can't find one anywhere now

Bonefide SHOCKER ROCKER!!!
busman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:21 PM #9
peppelepugh
PINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annual Supporting Member
peppelepugh supports Cereal Killerz 2
compulsive should have them back in stock, i just picked one up a week ago for my karni from them
ULE Automag w/ ULE Body, ULT, X-Valve, Lvl 10 bolt, Y-frame, and custom milled rail
Fully CCM'd Orange Prostock
002 of 011 Alpha Dogs Edition J4 Torque
Alpha Dogs
WTB 86* CCM Slider Frame PM ME
peppelepugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:25 PM #10
MurderFX

SR + MQ2 = amazing

You'll get very minimal kick, good efficiency, and a quieter shot. Basically as smooth as say a Droid, as quiet as a shocker, and the efficiency of a Borg or Ego.

The only thing I did to my SR was an MQ2 and it was worth every penny.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:06 PM #11
vatowithagun
Pinche mexican

would a maddman spring kit do anything for my new sr? i dont really want to drop the cash on a mq and thought that may be an alternative. What do you guys think? and what would it gain me?
Old 04-20-2010, 08:31 AM #12
busman33
Moe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppelepugh View Post
compulsive should have them back in stock, i just picked one up a week ago for my karni from them
thanks for the heads up my email spam filter blocked my stock notice from compulsive just ordered can't wait to get it!

Quote:
would a maddman spring kit do anything for my new sr? i dont really want to drop the cash on a mq and thought that may be an alternative. What do you guys think? and what would it gain me?
i put a softer main spring in mine and it seemed to make it shoot smoother. the stock is about as stiff a main spring as i've seen.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:38 AM #13
vatowithagun
Pinche mexican

I bought a maddman spring kit to see how that works. I have heard about the chopping issues and heard a mq takes care of that but it eats batteries and is $125. So hopefull the lighter springs can help with that. If it doesn't then I have another sr in the mail I can mq lol. Busman...what kind of differences did you see with lighter springs? Was it more efficeient, quieter? Thanks
Old 04-20-2010, 11:16 AM #14
peppelepugh
PINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annual Supporting Member
peppelepugh supports Cereal Killerz 2
batteries are batteries, only thing that has blown my mind on batteries is a rotor.......

if you play more than 3 times a year start looking into rechargeables.
ULE Automag w/ ULE Body, ULT, X-Valve, Lvl 10 bolt, Y-frame, and custom milled rail
Fully CCM'd Orange Prostock
002 of 011 Alpha Dogs Edition J4 Torque
Alpha Dogs
WTB 86* CCM Slider Frame PM ME
peppelepugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM #15
ogcocker

I'd be wary of rechargeables, especially the 9.6v ones, in the SR. Apparently something having to do with voltage regulation is prone to go out on the boards. Duracell Procell FTW as far as batteries go. I can shoot at least four-five cases on one battery.
ogcocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:43 AM #16
busman33
Moe!

Quote:
I bought a maddman spring kit to see how that works. I have heard about the chopping issues and heard a mq takes care of that but it eats batteries and is $125. So hopefull the lighter springs can help with that. If it doesn't then I have another sr in the mail I can mq lol. Busman...what kind of differences did you see with lighter springs? Was it more efficeient, quieter? Thanks
the only difference i noticed is it shot smoother compared to the stock main spring. everything else seems the same from what i can tell.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:16 PM #17
jonathanmerrill86

I was looking for a mq2 valve for my SR as well but I got confused when I was looking for it, I didn't see one for the SR do I use the same one for the karny or the orical or is there one just for the SR????
jonathanmerrill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM #18
busman33
Moe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanmerrill86 View Post
I was looking for a mq2 valve for my SR as well but I got confused when I was looking for it, I didn't see one for the SR do I use the same one for the karny or the orical or is there one just for the SR????
on the compulsive paintball site it's the one listed as black majik mq2. 11/16 valve body with karni spacer.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:33 PM #19
vududoc
chair jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogcocker View Post
I'd be wary of rechargeables, especially the 9.6v ones, in the SR. Apparently something having to do with voltage regulation is prone to go out on the boards. Duracell Procell FTW as far as batteries go. I can shoot at least four-five cases on one battery.
what is prone to go out?
vududoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:17 AM #20
vatowithagun
Pinche mexican

Well I got my sr and am having chopping issues. I lowered the lpr and used the ultimate sr settings. Balls are getting chopped from the bolt. I lubed it pretty well. Anything else? Would a cp reg fix this issue or the asa? Any help is appreciated. Ps I don't have the mq valve in it.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 AM #21
busman33
Moe!

Quote:
Well I got my sr and am having chopping issues. I lowered the lpr and used the ultimate sr settings. Balls are getting chopped from the bolt. I lubed it pretty well. Anything else? Would a cp reg fix this issue or the asa? Any help is appreciated. Ps I don't have the mq valve in it.
-try a fresh battery- sr's seem to need a fresh, quality battery to work well. if the battery life indicator shows half or less it's probably not going to work well.
-make sure the inline regulator is set properly. it should be about 300-350 psi output and consistant. the sr reg's are hit or miss and you may want to re-lube it anyways since most of the sr's have been sitting for awhile prior to being sold. did you chrono the gun? how consistant was it when it wasn't chopping?
-make sure it's not the paint. the first time I shot my sr it broke paint like crazy and I was like wtf, then I shot the same paint through my clone and the clone broke it too- really crappy paint. If the paint is REALLY small bore you'll get ball stack clipping where the bolt will clip the next ball in the stack and crack it before it even gets to the breach- then paint soup happens.
-stock asa is worthless, at least mine was. I'd recommend getting one that works.
-best results will be with a good paint to bore match also.
-you said you were ordering a spring kit, try a softer main spring in there. mine never shot better once I put one in mine.

Was it chopping every ball? could be something with the loader your using also. try a different loader. hope this helps.

Last edited by busman33 : 04-22-2010 at 09:52 AM.