PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2010, 08:52 AM #43
270KIDZ
My Boat, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverpsycotic View Post
The key question here is, are you Christian, or are you Catholic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη View Post
Worst question ever.
Dont be like that. You know what he meant.

Clearly Catholics are a branch of Christianity. We all know that. But I see a big problem when people start calling themselves baptists, catholics, or anything other sect. This creates a void in the "family" that is the Church.
Do you really think God intended all these subgroups among His Church? I would say there are several parts of the Bible that speak strongly against the dividing of the Church.

"Originally posted by Nips80: You are the best poster ever! I wish I could be like you!"
"Originally posted by Ninja Mouse: Please teach me how to be as awesome as you!"
"Originally posted by Treghc: You are my hero and my idol. If you were gay like me, I would totally make love to you."
"Originally posted by Umami: Please let me have your babies. I want my children to have at least one parent that isn't retarded."

Last edited by 270KIDZ : 04-18-2010 at 11:55 AM.
270KIDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2010, 09:19 PM #44
ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη

ἔρως-φιλία-ἀγάπη helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270KIDZ View Post
Dont be like that. You know what he meant.

Clearly Catholics are a branch of Christianity. We all know that. But I see a big problem when people start calling themselves baptists, catholics, or anything other sect. This creates a void in the "family" that is the Church.
Do you really think God intended all these subgroups among His Church? I would say there are several parts of the Bible that speak strongly against the dividing of the Church.
I was actually going along with it instead of reprimanding him.

The way I see it, there is no problem with being a member of a denomination, until one denomination thinks another is not truly christian because of their doctrinal beliefs.

No, denominations were not supposed to form, but they are also absolutely necessary as it is, I think. People have different interpretations of the Bible, different forms of worship... it would utter chaos if fervent free-willer were in a congregation with fervent predestinationists, both having (technically, again, it's all about interpretation) scripture to support their side. Utter chaos. Therefore, since denomination differences are pretty much necessary, they should ONLY exist due to denominational differences. There should not be one denomination that splits into two for any other reason other than digression among one party of what the other party believes.