Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2010, 07:59 PM #43
Hammi
wibbly wobbly
 
Hammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
that's because street racers don't know how to build a car.





and you're telling me a (big multi thousand dollar street race) doesn't clean and prep their surface?
__________________
2014 Prius Plug-In.... because your car determines your sexuality.
Orville Wright
“If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true
really is true, then there would be little hope for advance”
Hammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2010, 08:01 PM #44
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
that's because street racers don't know how to build a car.





and you're telling me a (big multi thousand dollar street race) doesn't clean and prep their surface?
its still a surface street and not same as a race track...
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:01 PM #45
Hammi
wibbly wobbly
 
Hammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
but they do make it sticky for the rwd guys
__________________
2014 Prius Plug-In.... because your car determines your sexuality.
Orville Wright
“If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true
really is true, then there would be little hope for advance”
Hammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:03 PM #46
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
but they do make it sticky for the rwd guys
you mean sticky for everyone and not exactly.. they coat the tires not the road...
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:10 PM #47
Hammi
wibbly wobbly
 
Hammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
you mean sticky for everyone and not exactly.. they coat the tires not the road...
they coat the tires?
__________________
2014 Prius Plug-In.... because your car determines your sexuality.
Orville Wright
“If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true
really is true, then there would be little hope for advance”
Hammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 PM #48
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
they coat the tires?
what about it?
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 PM #49
Hammi
wibbly wobbly
 
Hammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
i always thought they spray that sticky stuff on the road where they launch from. what do they put on the tires?
__________________
2014 Prius Plug-In.... because your car determines your sexuality.
Orville Wright
“If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true
really is true, then there would be little hope for advance”
Hammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:17 PM #50
Jurd
Dervishboy05
 
Jurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vancouver WA
grape soda works
Jurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:18 PM #51
Alan777
Tree Fitty
 
Alan777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
VHT? is what they put on the track, it helps improve traction.
__________________
Premier Detailing LLC
Instagram: @premierdetailingllc
1991 Corvette
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 PM #52
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley
 
Gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CT
Gazz is a Supporting Member


friend's car, same turbo and power level as the car on the first page, 10.9x....



another friend's car, 50 year old guy, drives the car every day regardless of weather, in the snow, to church on sunday, etc etc

also has more drag racing experience than kfresh. lol.
Gazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:21 PM #53
psyco_fade (Banned)
Mods can't even handle me
 
psyco_fade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Topeka, KS
psyco_fade has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
psyco_fade has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurd View Post
grape soda works
got dat purple drank??

We use cheap soda on the local on road RC car tracks for traction.
psyco_fade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:28 PM #54
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
i always thought they spray that sticky stuff on the road where they launch from. what do they put on the tires?
this stuff called pimp juice actually...



cool gazz he has 460hp? and between me and my dad theres 40 years of drag racing experiance i draw from, and my dad's been involved in everything from street racing to fuel funny car...
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:29 PM #55
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley
 
Gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CT
Gazz is a Supporting Member
ok mr. force
Gazz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:31 PM #56
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
ok mr. force
so you don't believe me? thats cool, i couldn't give a ****.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:31 PM #57
Hammi
wibbly wobbly
 
Hammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
this stuff called pimp juice actually...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1tech
It's legit stuff! Cash Days (street racing) used it and had a majority of guys pulling the fronts on the street. No track prep, just a Pimp juice burnout. Comes highly recommended on the 'bullet.
rofl, yeah, this isn't a sticky track.
__________________
2014 Prius Plug-In.... because your car determines your sexuality.
Orville Wright
“If we worked on the assumption that what is accepted as true
really is true, then there would be little hope for advance”
Hammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:35 PM #58
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammi View Post
rofl, yeah, this isn't a sticky track.
it wasn't the street that was sticky.....


but seriously there are rwd cars out there that don't run any traction compound and still out 60' those awd cars.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:37 PM #59
ELJonesy
hella
 
ELJonesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
and there are some fwd cars on street tires that can out 60 ft some track prepped rwd cars out there

so what's your point
ELJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:41 PM #60
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELJonesy View Post
and there are some fwd cars on street tires that can out 60 ft some track prepped rwd cars out there

so what's your point
no there actually arn't front wheel drive race cars would be hard pressed to get anything better than a 1.4 60ft...


it just doesn't happen, they have physics working against them.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM #61
ELJonesy
hella
 
ELJonesy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
yeah that's totally what I said
ELJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:55 PM #62
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
kfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: *863*FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELJonesy View Post
yeah that's totally what I said
then what did you say?


i'm still not understanding why you are even talking about fwd... or why you switched account unless you are afraid of getting your main account banned?


which i would assume clearly indicates a intention to troll this thread.
__________________
just a slow n/a mustang
fastest 1/8 mile 6.10s @ 113mph 330ft 3.92s 60ft 1.36s
Snowbird Outlaw Nationals Winner 2012
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:57 PM #63
A Contract Killer
 
 
A Contract Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Moscow
A Contract Killer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
It is so ridiculously easy to get Kfresh mad.
__________________
-Rudy "The Captain" Martinez
A Contract Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump